Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- rudeboyx - 2009-07-03

hi ronnie, awsome skin. Iv started using this as my default skin recently because of the game fanart, fanart in file mode and the new recently added media feature thats been added to the home screen. Its the most feature packed skin to run on the xbox. Great work.

iv come across a couple of problems.
  1. the recently added music is great however it only seems to play one track when you select it, would it be possible for it to que the album. (as it stands now it dosent even get added to the "Now Playing" playlist)
  2. when in music-flie mode and you select the artist before the fanart has had a chance to load, the fanart never loads. It only re-apears when you go back to artist level again.
  3. the recently added media feature causes home screen lockup for 3-4 seconds, whenever you navigate to the home screen.
Hope you understand
keep up the awsome work

rudeboy

I've hidden settings... - m.savazzi - 2009-07-03

and now how do I change them?

how can I get it back^?

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-03

this is not stricly related to the skin but:
I have two profiles, master and kids.

Can I disable the Videos - add source icon?
it should be possible...

Second:
Videos - Is it possible to hide the Library button and be only in file mode?
Movies - Is it possible to hide the Library button and be only in library mode?

In other words to make it simple for the kids Smile

- ronie - 2009-07-03

mfsav2 Wrote:and now how do I change them?

how can I get it back^?

1) exit xbmc
2) edit guisettings.xml (in the userdata folder)
change <setting type="bool" name="Transparency!.settingsinhome">true</setting>
to <setting type="bool" name="Transparency!.settingsinhome">false</setting>
3) start xbmc

- nicoli_k - 2009-07-03

ronie Wrote:you can say that again.
i did some tests with nightly build r21346, but no matter what i try, i can't reproduce your problem. i'm afraid i'm out of ideas for now. :-(

I just updated to a fresh r21346 and Transparency! skin and the problem isn't there. I then imported my UserData and the problem came back. I deleted my Video and Music Databases, but that didn't solve anything.

I'm just going to rescan all my media and make a new UserData. I'm not sure what was wrong with my old one, but hopefully that'll solve the problem. I'm keeping my old stuff named differently just in case.

I'll update this post once I figure out if it solves the issue or not. It's going to be a while though. I'm only to the B section in my scan now.

- ronie - 2009-07-03

mfsav2 Wrote:this is not stricly related to the skin but:
I have two profiles, master and kids.

Can I disable the Videos - add source icon?
it should be possible...

i don't think it's possible, at least i don't know how.

mfsav2 Wrote:Second:
Videos - Is it possible to hide the Library button and be only in file mode?
Movies - Is it possible to hide the Library button and be only in library mode?

In other words to make it simple for the kids Smile

you could completely remove the library button by editing some xml files, that would be the easy way.
but if you want to hide it for the kids and show it for you, you'd have to create a skin setting for it and make the button conditionally visible.

- ronie - 2009-07-03

nicoli_k Wrote:I just updated to a fresh r21346 and Transparency! skin and the problem isn't there. I then imported my UserData and the problem came back. I deleted my Video and Music Databases, but that didn't solve anything.

I'm just going to rescan all my media and make a new UserData. I'm not sure what was wrong with my old one, but hopefully that'll solve the problem. I'm keeping my old stuff named differently just in case.

I'll update this post once I figure out if it solves the issue or not. It's going to be a while though. I'm only to the B section in my scan now.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed ;-)

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-03

ronie Wrote:1) exit xbmc
2) edit guisettings.xml (in the userdata folder)
change <setting type="bool" name="Transparency!.settingsinhome">true</setting>
to <setting type="bool" name="Transparency!.settingsinhome">false</setting>
3) start xbmc

Thanks!

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-03

ronie Wrote:i don't think it's possible, at least i don't know how.

I remember once it happened to me it disappeared... sigh! I do not remeber how

ronie Wrote:you could completely remove the library button by editing some xml files, that would be the easy way.
but if you want to hide it for the kids and show it for you, you'd have to create a skin setting for it and make the button conditionally visible.

Is the second one...

Any chance you'll put it in the skin?
or any advice on how I can do it? (which tool you use to edit the skin?)

- ronie - 2009-07-03

mfsav2 Wrote:Any chance you'll put it in the skin?

i'd rather not add all those specific things to the skin.
if you want to do it yourself, you can use just about any text editor to edit the xml files.
open MyVideo.xml and MyVideoNav.xml find the library button and add
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(librarybutton)</visible> like this:
MyVideoNav.xml:
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="99">
    <description>Library button</description>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>90</posy>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[29800]</label>
    <onclick>ReplaceWindow(myvideofiles)</onclick>
    <selected>Window.IsVisible(myvideolibrary)</selected>
    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
    <onleft>50</onleft>
    <onright>50</onright>
    <onup>3</onup>
    <ondown>14</ondown>
[b]    <visible>Skin.HasSetting(librarybutton)</visible> [/b]
</control>

MyVideo.xml:
Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="99">
    <description>Library button</description>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>90</posy>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[29800]</label>
    <onclick>ReplaceWindow(myvideolibrary)</onclick>
    <selected>Window.IsVisible(myvideolibrary)</selected>
    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
    <onleft>50</onleft>
    <onright>50</onright>
    <onup>3</onup>
    <ondown>7</ondown>
    <enable>Library.HasContent(Video)</enable>
    <visible>System.GetBool(videolibrary.enabled) + [b]Skin.HasSetting(librarybutton)[/b]</visible>
</control>
next edit the guisettings.xml file of your profile and add:
<setting type="bool" name="Transparency!.librarybutton">true</setting>

- ronie - 2009-07-03

rudeboyx Wrote:[*]the recently added music is great however it only seems to play one track when you select it, would it be possible for it to que the album. (as it stands now it dosent even get added to the "Now Playing" playlist)

it's a limitation of the script. Nuka1195, who created this script, couldn't figure out how to play the entire album.

rudeboyx Wrote:[*]when in music-flie mode and you select the artist before the fanart has had a chance to load, the fanart never loads. It only re-apears when you go back to artist level again.

first keep in mind music fanart is not supported by xbmc, it's just a workaround of me.
while it seems to working pretty good with locally stored music, or on linux and windows platform in general, the xbox seems to be a bit of a different story.

the problem is, i'm not an xbox expert (i don't even own one, i'll have to borrow one everytime i need to troubleshoot one of the bugs reported here), so chances are minimal that i can fix something....if these bugs are fixable at all.

so far the combination of xbox, music on a network drive and fanart in filemode is most likely not to work 100% all of the time.

rudeboyx Wrote:[*]the recently added media feature causes home screen lockup for 3-4 seconds, whenever you navigate to the home screen.

i've seen some similar reports with other skins who are using this feature.
could you do me a favour and test it with this Home.xml file?
please report back if it fixes it.

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-03

ronie Wrote:i'd rather not add all those specific things to the skin.
if you want to do it yourself, you can use just about any text editor to edit the xml files.

Excellent! thanks!

So now I have two custom Smile
offline dvd
hide library!

- ronie - 2009-07-03

mfsav2 Wrote:Excellent! thanks!

So now I have two custom Smile
offline dvd
hide library!

pretty soon you'll be creating your own skin. ;-)

- nicoli_k - 2009-07-03

Concerning the whole black screen after playing music. It must have been something weird on my end. I erased my Userdata, rescanned all of my movies and music and it worked like a champ.

Unfortunately, the imdb scraper for the xbox is messed up so the cast doesn't show so I used themoviedb.org which has great pictures, but isn't as extensive as imdb. After spending an hour tweaking the library, I backed it up and imported my old Database and Thumbnail folders so that I had my original fanart and movie info and it worked.

I'm not sure what setting was causing the error, but if it happens for anyone else, then make sure to backup your userdata/database and userdata/thumbnails to save you the time of rescanning your databases.

I finally narrowed it down to the LastFM scrobbler. As soon as I enabled it and added LastFM to my Music sources the blank screen came back even when playing music not on LastFM. Deleting the Userdata\LastfmScrobbler.xml and removing LastFM from you Music Sources solves the black screen problem.

Now maybe some others can try reproducing this to make sure I'm not crazy. (well at least in this aspect..)

Edit: It seems that it's ok to scrobble and have LastFM play nice with the skin. You just can't have the root LastFM folder be in your sources. I went to make it a source, but went deeper into the root folder to my profile, lastfm://Your profile (nicoli__k), and made that a source and all is good with the world. I then added another source with the root of LastFm and the blackness came back. So root of Lastfm and Transparency! on xbox = black screen after exiting a song... I'm pretty sure at least.

- Justcop - 2009-07-03

mfsav2 Wrote:I remember once it happened to me it disappeared... sigh! I do not remeber how

Is the second one...

Any chance you'll put it in the skin?

Settings>Appearance>View Options>Disable source button in file list

easy ;-)