Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-05

Justcop Wrote:If you want my honest opinion of the your screen shot, I think its pretty terrible. I'm looking for something very sleek, that font is almost gothic, how about something more modern?

And as for the blue, definatly a good choice but I think that shade is too dark and two plain, is that one of the 16 bit colours? eww

Wow...
I said it was nice... but you dissected it!!!!

On the font: it's strange as is a bastoni type but gives the idea of gotic...
I could agree a more "linear" type could help readability.

For the rest: it was a first mockup Smile

- ronie - 2009-07-05

Justcop Wrote:If you want my honest opinion of the your screen shot, I think its pretty terrible. I'm looking for something very sleek, that font is almost gothic, how about something more modern?

And as for the blue, definatly a good choice but I think that shade is too dark and two plain, is that one of the 16 bit colours? eww

no worries about the font, it was the first one i tried. after trying another 105 fonts, i've found the perfect one.

messing with some lighter shades of blue is next on the list.

- Greg. - 2009-07-05

ronie Wrote:messing with some lighter shades of blue is next on the list.

some inspiration perhaps...
http://www.egl-neon.com/chart5.html

- rudeboyx - 2009-07-05

ronie Wrote:i've seen some similar reports with other skins who are using this feature.
could you do me a favour and test it with this Home.xml file?
please report back if it fixes it.

Seems to be slighty better, but still some lag. The worst bit is from reboot youv got to wait about 1 min on the homescreen befrore you can do anything. (this was the same with the last home.xml and the new one.)

i believe nuka has relased another version of the plugin to speed up music database searching which could well be the problem, however i have no idea how to find this new version, as theres now links in the thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53396 post #90

- Justcop - 2009-07-05

Why does the trailers button now say "Apple Trailers" which doesn't fit in large font mode.

I worked out how to change its name in home.xml but am also trying to change the name of the videos button, how do I do that?

The new recently played dialouge also isn't great with large fonts enabled, the text overlaps slightly.

- ronie - 2009-07-05

Justcop Wrote:Why does the trailers button now say "Apple Trailers" which doesn't fit in large font mode.

I worked out how to change its name in home.xml but am also trying to change the name of the videos button, how do I do that?

The new recently played dialouge also isn't great with large fonts enabled, the text overlaps slightly.

they will be smaller in the next release...
if you want to change the video label, just change <label>3</label> to whatever you want it to be. '3' refers to the xbmc language file.

for the rest, all font sizes can be adjusted in font.xml.
the large fonts are provided as-is and are not supported by me.

- thomash72 - 2009-07-05

ronie Wrote:Work in progress...

Currently trying out some of the requests that are still on my to-do list.
- fanart view for now playing (see below)
- get rid of the neon green color theme
- drop the square corners
- change the font

nothing's definite, so it's likely to change before release.
but you know, all input is appreciated.

I like it - the transparent box positioned at the right hand side really makes the fanart come through. I am really looking forward to the final version of this Cool

small bug in settings - m.savazzi - 2009-07-06

I've found this:
there is a shadow without the button:

- ronie - 2009-07-06

mfsav2 Wrote:I've found this:
there is a shadow without the button:

thanx, the problem is the number of buttons on the left menu differ from platform to platform and also depend on your hardware. for instance, i have a lcd button in that menu, to configure my lcd. obviously this button doesn't excist on systems without a lcd.

so far i've not found a way to detect which buttons are visible (this is all controlled by xbmc, not the skin), so i guess there's no other option then to just remove the bottom shadow alltogether.

- dynamix - 2009-07-06

I really like the "new items" module on the homescreen. though i think it causes some weird behaviour on the xbox: after watching a movie yesterday i could not check the weather, i was presented a weatherscreen with no text and icons Eek After a reboot all was well again. (It could be XBMC related also, though i doubt that...)

Are you thinking about making the "new items" module optional?

How's the redesign coming along, ronie? I'm curious what font you have chosen... One thing: why change the shine on the borders of the boxes to blue? Imho it doesn't need an overhaul as it's sexy already Wink

- ronie - 2009-07-06

dynamix Wrote:I really like the "new items" module on the homescreen. though i think it causes some weird behaviour on the xbox: after watching a movie yesterday i could not check the weather, i was presented a weatherscreen with no text and icons Eek After a reboot all was well again. (It could be XBMC related also, though i doubt that...)

Are you thinking about making the "new items" module optional?

Just like the Weather and System info, the Recently Added info will be optional.
There's been a few changes to the script over the past week, so maybe the 'final' version will cause less issues on the xbox.
There's also been talk on adding this functionality to xbmc instead of running it as a separate script.

dynamix Wrote:How's the redesign coming along, ronie? I'm curious what font you have chosen... One thing: why change the shine on the borders of the boxes to blue? Imho it doesn't need an overhaul as it's sexy already Wink

It was an effort to just add a little more color to the skin and get away from the grey look.
I'll have to see how it turns out in the end, if i don't like it i can always switch back.

The redesign is still miles away from being completed. I'd like to replace as much of the textures/icons that come from PM3.HD as possible.
I've 'borrowed' those for the time being, but i think Transparency! deserves it's own set of graphics.

- hasselhof - 2009-07-07

Hi Ronie, Yes library mode is working a treat, all my fanart is showing up thank you.
no more lock setting windows.

I have two questions....how do I slow down the scrolling text for plot and reviews as I cannot read it in time when browsing films music in fanart view?

Also I have added a compilation cd to my library
I have the setting of "hide artists who only appear on compilations" unchecked
to allow all the artists to separately spill into my library in their own right
where would I put my fanart for each of these artists as the compilation cd is stored on my network share as a proper cd with all the artists in one folder?

Hope that makes sence.

Thanks

John.

Coverflow - fauss - 2009-07-08

is there a way i can use coverflow for tvshows i use posters and if there is a file i can edit to just add coverflow to tv views that would be great.

thanks

- ronie - 2009-07-08

fauss Wrote:is there a way i can use coverflow for tvshows i use posters and if there is a file i can edit to just add coverflow to tv views that would be great.

thanks

sure, maybe i'll add it in the future, but for now just edit Views3dCoverView.xml
find this line:
<visible>Container.Content(Movies)</visible>
and change it to:
<visible>Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(TVShows)</visible>

- ronie - 2009-07-08

hasselhof Wrote:Hi Ronie, Yes library mode is working a treat, all my fanart is showing up thank you.
no more lock setting windows.

I have two questions....how do I slow down the scrolling text for plot and reviews as I cannot read it in time when browsing films music in fanart view?

for music, edit ViewsMusicLibrary.xml (1 entry)
for movies edit ViewsVideoLibrary.xml (4 entries)
find this line:
<autoscroll time="2000" delay="3000" repeat="5000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
and increase the 'time' value.

hasselhof Wrote:Also I have added a compilation cd to my library
I have the setting of "hide artists who only appear on compilations" unchecked
to allow all the artists to separately spill into my library in their own right
where would I put my fanart for each of these artists as the compilation cd is stored on my network share as a proper cd with all the artists in one folder?

good question, i don't know.
maybe fanart doesn't work with compilations ?