Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- ronie - 2009-07-21

kmfdm515 Wrote:1) remove the 'watched/unwathched' checkboxes from the fanart view for movies and tv shows

You'll have to edit MyVideoNav.xml
do a search for <include name="EpisodeFanartView">
and remove this part just below it (at line 397):
Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>320</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>30</width>
    <height>30</height>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Overlay]</texture>
</control>

remove the same section at line 437, 569 and 609.

kmfdm515 Wrote:2) remove the 'rating' from the music media info view

That would be ViewsFileMode.xml, at line 1285 remove this part:
Code:
<control type="label">
    <description>Rating txt</description>
    <posx>785</posx>
    <posy>75</posy>
    <width>140</width>
    <height>25</height>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[563]:</label>
    <align>right</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <font>font11</font>
    <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <description>Rating value</description>
    <posx>795</posx>
    <posy>73</posy>
    <width>150</width>
    <height>30</height>
    <texture>$INFO[Listitem.StarRating]</texture>
</control>

kmfdm515 Wrote:3) remove the dvd cover and change the aspect ratio of the thumb in the video media info view - i assume the video media info view is totally separate from the music media info view? right now i only use the video media info view for my home video library (coded as music videos) and it's got 16:9 thumbs being squashed into the DVD cover.

That's the easy one! Just wait a couple of days and i'll release a new version of Transparency! which will have a proper Media Info view for MusicVideos. ;-)

- stokedfish - 2009-07-21

First of all, congratulations! Your skin is amazing!

I've got a few questions though... (I'm new to both XBMC and this skin)

ronie Wrote:Transparency! - A Fanart Skin (updated to v0.27 on 2009-06-25)

[...]

Most of these mods can be disabled / enabled through the skin settings, in fact the Home Menu is fully customizable, you can add or remove every item there.

In the skin settings? Where can I find the skin settings? Even in Appearance I can't find an option to enable/disable your mods...

Also, is it possible to show the album cover (big) plus album info without a viz in fullscreen mode? How can I achieve this? I'd love to see bigger album covers when a track is playing... (all my albums/songs do have embedded cover arts!)

And oh, I see no background (such as in your screenshots) when I mouse over music, pictures, etc. Why is that?

And one last question: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55006

Is this possible with your skin? Or, is it possible at all?

Thanks a lot for your help!! Love your skin! <3

- kmfdm515 - 2009-07-21

wow, thanks ronie. i'll try those changes once the new version is released.

you are awesome Image

stokedfish:

the skin settings are accessed by pressing 'left' once in the settings menu.

no backgrounds: you need a newer SVN build of XBMC.

hope that helps!

- lipo - 2009-07-21

i never use rss so there's always empty space on the bottom.
can that space used for menusHuhi think it will fit five menu nicelySmile
thanks

- ronie - 2009-07-22

stokedfish Wrote:Also, is it possible to show the album cover (big) plus album info without a viz in fullscreen mode? How can I achieve this? I'd love to see bigger album covers when a track is playing... (all my albums/songs do have embedded cover arts!)

the visualization can be disabled: settings > music > general > visualization: none
Transparancy! also gives you the option of showing artist fanart in the background instead of the visualization but this only works if your directory structure is like this:
Music/Artist/Album/..
since you categorize everything in 'mood' subfolders (i can't help but wondering what's listed under Fumbling Towards Ecstasy ;-) ) this won't work in your case.

if you want a bigger cd cover in the fullscreen window, you'll have to get your hands dirty and do some editing in MusicVisualisation.xml.

this is the code for the cover and the surrounding cd-case:
Code:
<control type="image">
    <description>cover image</description>
    <posx>32</posx>
    <posy>-16</posy>
    <width>200</width>
    <height>200</height>
    <texture>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Cover]</texture>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <posx>10</posx>
    <posy>-19</posy>
    <width>229</width>
    <height>207</height>
    <texture>cdcase.png</texture>
</control>

just play with the <posx> <posy> <width> and <height> values 'till the size fits your needs. you may also want to remove the cd case and/or spinning cd if you need some more room for the album cover.

stokedfish Wrote:And oh, I see no background (such as in your screenshots) when I mouse over music, pictures, etc. Why is that?

there may be precompiled svn builds available for Jaunty (never tried those myself)
or just compile from svn yourself.

stokedfish Wrote:And one last question: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55006

Is this possible with your skin? Or, is it possible at all?

lol, seems i've already answered your question in that thread before i'd seen your reply here.

- ronie - 2009-07-22

lipo Wrote:i never use rss so there's always empty space on the bottom.
can that space used for menusHuhi think it will fit five menu nicelySmile
thanks

I suppose it could, if you want try yourself, look at the code in Home.xml,
search for <control type="wraplist" id="5041"> or <control type="wraplist" id="5042"> if you're using wide home menu buttons.
next modify the <posx> <posy> and <width> values till you got the menu where you want it to be. also (re)move these two images in Home.xml: shadow-top.png and shadow-bottom.png. those are the top and bottom shadows of the horizontal menu.

- stokedfish - 2009-07-22

kmfdm515 Wrote:stokedfish:

the skin settings are accessed by pressing 'left' once in the settings menu.

Hm, yes? I...don't know. Doesn't seem to work for me.
Well the left settings bar slides in but I still see no option to disable/enable mods. Maybe I'm missing something...

kmfdm515 Wrote:no backgrounds: you need a newer SVN build of XBMC.

Thanks, I've just upgraded to the SVN ppa. Now it works!

It seems to have some other terrible bug though (see below) but I guess that's the risk of using svn...

ronie Wrote:the visualization can be disabled: settings > music > general > visualization: none
Transparancy! also gives you the option of showing artist fanart in the background instead of the visualization but this only works if your directory structure is like this:
Music/Artist/Album/..

Hmm...I see. What if I put a fanart.jpg in the album folder? Then it should work, right?

ronie Wrote:i can't help but wondering what's listed under Fumbling Towards Ecstasy ;-)

Probably not what you're expecting...lol. Well, it's just a small folder.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/801/fumbling.png

I think nobody understands my folder structure except me... o.O

ronie Wrote:if you want a bigger cd cover in the fullscreen window, you'll have to get your hands dirty and do some editing in MusicVisualisation.xml.

awesome, thanks! I'll play with it right now!

all my covers are 300x300 pixel so it won't be much bigger, but still...

ronie Wrote:there may be precompiled svn builds available for Jaunty (never tried those myself)
or just compile from svn yourself.

yup, just found them. now the first 3 or so seconds of every song are crippled. but not a problem, it's svn. has this bug already been reported? is there a bug tracker? I guess this affects all jaunty systems as this is pretty much an untouched fresh install...

ronie Wrote:lol, seems i've already answered your question in that thread before i'd seen your reply here.

Hehe, nice. Well thanks! Cool

- ronie - 2009-07-22

stokedfish Wrote:Hm, yes? I...don't know. Doesn't seem to work for me.
Well the left settings bar slides in but I still see no option to disable/enable mods. Maybe I'm missing something...

pick skin settings from the left menu. just browse through all the available skin settings and you'll find options for the horizontal menu mod, the several weather fanart options, disable/enable genre icons, media flags, cdart, clearart and so on...

if you're looking for something specific, feel free to ask.

stokedfish Wrote:It seems to have some other terrible bug though (see below) but I guess that's the risk of using svn...

been doing manual compiles once a week for over six months now and i never encountered one serious issue. so i can say the svn branch of xbmc is pretty stable.
the bug tracker can be found here: trac

stokedfish Wrote:What if I put a fanart.jpg in the album folder? Then it should work, right?

well, yes and no. yes there should be a fanart.jpg image in the artist folder for it to work, but no it will only work if all the artist folders are listed directly under your main music folder.
the support for music fanart is a bit limited in xbmc, so i've incorporated several workarounds in Transparency! to show fanart in places not natively supported by xbmc.
anyway, displaying fanart of the currently playing artist is only possible with a Music/Artist/Album structure at the moment.

stokedfish Wrote:Probably not what you're expecting...lol. Well, it's just a small folder.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/801/fumbling.png

I think nobody understands my folder structure except me... o.O

lol, nevermind... i'm just i big music junk and always interested to have a peek at other people's collections ;-)

- kmfdm515 - 2009-07-22

2 more quick questions:

1) i love the settings feature to easily customize the home menu...but is there an easy way to change the menu order?

2) any way to get rid of the 'EPISODE IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE' pic when you start on the '..' selection after choosing a tv Show title?...without messing with textures.xpr?

thanks...

- ronie - 2009-07-22

kmfdm515 Wrote:2 more quick questions:

1) i love the settings feature to easily customize the home menu...but is there an easy way to change the menu order?

2) any way to get rid of the 'EPISODE IMAGE NOT AVAILABLE' pic when you start on the '..' selection after choosing a tv Show title?...without messing with textures.xpr?

thanks...

1) nope, not possible. (not supported by xbmc)
2) no worries, i didn't like it either and it will be totally gone in the next release.

- kmfdm515 - 2009-07-22

ah, ok...i'll have to edit the home.xml to get my preferred menu order. thanks.

i just read that the place in the heirarchy where you land when you enter your movies/tvshows/music library from home is a skinnable option? i didn't see an option in Transparency! to always start at the top of the list instead of your last selected item in the list. i think i've seen this option in other skins...

- lipo - 2009-07-22

hi ronie after some tweaking on home.xml this is the result
i think its better this way, maybe you can add an option to arrange horizontal menu placement for next releaseBig Grin
BTW normaly you press down to chose the 3 icon(play,favorit,shut down), but now i switch the position its weird press down while the icon is on upper positon.
any solutionHuh

- ronie - 2009-07-22

lipo Wrote:hi ronie after some tweaking on home.xml this is the result
i think its better this way, maybe you can add an option to arrange horizontal menu placement for next releaseBig Grin
BTW normaly you press down to chose the 3 icon(play,favorit,shut down), but now i switch the position its weird press down while the icon is on upper positon.
any solutionHuh

i think i'll rather stick with the current position of the horizontal menu. i'm offering 4 different menu layouts already (horizontal, vertical, normal and wide buttons) and it would be too much to add even more just to suit everyone's personal preference.

currently when you press up, it will take you to the recently added section and down to the three buttons. if you want to swap those, modify the <onup> and <ondown> definitions of <control type="wraplist" id="5041">

- ronie - 2009-07-22

kmfdm515 Wrote:ah, ok...i'll have to edit the home.xml to get my preferred menu order. thanks.

i just read that the place in the heirarchy where you land when you enter your movies/tvshows/music library from home is a skinnable option? i didn't see an option in Transparency! to always start at the top of the list instead of your last selected item in the list. i think i've seen this option in other skins...

i honestly don't know. it may be skinnable or maybe it's a setting or defined in advancedsettings ?
if you remember which skin offers such a setting, let me know and i'll check it out.

- VanTheMan - 2009-07-22

Hi Ronie...

Really like your Skin!
Its fast, looks very good, nice art and easy to configure/use.

I was just wondering if you had seen this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54990

Its a mod for Aeon but has some really slick features build into it.
Specially were you can add your own home-items and use it to run scripts or add-ons.

Maybe fun to take a look at it....... for next release?

Again. Thanks for this wonderfull Skin Smile

Greets