Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- ronie - 2009-07-24

nemulate Wrote:Sorry I only asked as I couldn't find it in that xml file as quoted! I think it would be cool to have a global switch to turn off the watched flag indicator but then of course I'd say that as it was my idea!!!! :p

no need to be sorry, i was just thinking out loud.
there will probably an on/off options in the future, so thanx again for bringing it up. ;-)

- rynoc - 2009-07-24

Ronie,

Thanks for the response.

I did some more extensive testing on this. The bad news:

It is not limited to the Music section but can also happen in videos. Always when browsing a directory with many entries on SMB in Windows. It was just much harder to trigger in the videos section than in the Music section.

The Good news:

It is not limited to your skin (well...it is but it isn't). The lockout window will trigger when browsing on other skins as well. It seems random on smb in windows and has to do with fast file access in which windows seems to glitch, timeout, then ask for verification. I had to remove my login settings to see it in other skins.

What I suspect is happening:

In other skins the window will pop up and you can enter the login details without issue and continue. All attempts to access the directory stop. When your skin is running it is like the script is hammering the network and when the login pops up it still is sending file requests. This hangs XBMC. Even when a login is set, when windows times out and makes the request, XBMC does not have a chance to resend pass before multiple requests stack and it hangs.

I would guess the script needs an exception handling routine to detect and pause when this pops up, or a delay sufficient enough to allow the handshaking to occur.

I could be completely wrong since I have not programmed at all on this platform.

Cheers....

- ronie - 2009-07-24

rynoc Wrote:Ronie,

Thanks for the response.

I did some more extensive testing on this. The bad news:

It is not limited to the Music section but can also happen in videos. Always when browsing a directory with many entries on SMB in Windows. It was just much harder to trigger in the videos section than in the Music section.

The Good news:

It is not limited to your skin (well...it is but it isn't). The lockout window will trigger when browsing on other skins as well. It seems random on smb in windows and has to do with fast file access in which windows seems to glitch, timeout, then ask for verification. I had to remove my login settings to see it in other skins.

What I suspect is happening:

In other skins the window will pop up and you can enter the login details without issue and continue. All attempts to access the directory stop. When your skin is running it is like the script is hammering the network and when the login pops up it still is sending file requests. This hangs XBMC. Even when a login is set, when windows times out and makes the request, XBMC does not have a chance to resend pass before multiple requests stack and it hangs.

I would guess the script needs an exception handling routine to detect and pause when this pops up, or a delay sufficient enough to allow the handshaking to occur.

I could be completely wrong since I have not programmed at all on this platform.

Cheers....

thanx a lot for the extensive tests.
i think your on the right track with your conclusions. Transparency! tries to load a fanart.jpg image from every directory (and the parent directory) when you browse your music collection in filemode. from what i have seen, if it fails to find the image a few times in a row, this bug will be triggered.

i'll definitely add an option to disable this behaviour asap.
'till then the only option is to delete these 'hacks' from the xml code....(or use music in library mode of course).

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-24

ronie Wrote:just as in other skins, bring up the movie info window and select trailer.
the next release will also have a trailer icon in the fanart view that will play the trailer in a preview window.

WOW
cannot wait for next release!!!!!

- ronie - 2009-07-24

Transparency! - v1.00 is now available:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55311

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-25

First!

Yuuuu huuuu!!!!

ops... new thread... sigh! Smile

- nemulate - 2009-07-25

ronie Wrote:You'll have to edit MyVideoNav.xml
do a search for <include name="EpisodeFanartView">
and remove this part just below it (at line 397):
Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>320</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>30</width>
    <height>30</height>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Overlay]</texture>
</control>

Sorry to keep harping on but I really cant find this code in myvideonav.xml? I'm desperate to remove the watched/unwatched box that's all. Are you sure these instructions are right or am I missing something totally obvious Sad ?? Great work on the new skin by the way it just gets better and better Smile

- ronie - 2009-07-25

nemulate Wrote:Sorry to keep harping on but I really cant find this code in myvideonav.xml? I'm desperate to remove the watched/unwatched box that's all. Are you sure these instructions are right or am I missing something totally obvious Sad ?? Great work on the new skin by the way it just gets better and better Smile

i'm terribly sorry, but i must have been drunk or half asleep when i posted the instructions.
it's ViewsVideoLibrary.xml that you'll need to edit.

- nemulate - 2009-07-25

Hey no problems at least I know it wasn't me who was drunk Wink Oh and thanks once again for a superb skin Smile

- emal011 - 2009-07-30

I already download the Transparency Skin, und als here was post, i´m not using the new version of XBMC,just the 8.04.

I open the new skin and the software accpet it, ok. But when I go to my Movies collection, I only see the dvd case(pretty good in deed)but just that! Title - some fan art - the dvd case, but empty not movie poster. And that´s happend in all my collection.
And in my music collection too.

The weather link in the main menu, just show the ° but not the graphic(sun, rain..)

What I´v done wrong? Or the update version fix that problem?

- ronie - 2009-07-30

emal011 Wrote:I already download the Transparency Skin, und als here was post, i´m not using the new version of XBMC,just the 8.04.

I open the new skin and the software accpet it, ok. But when I go to my Movies collection, I only see the dvd case(pretty good in deed)but just that! Title - some fan art - the dvd case, but empty not movie poster. And that´s happend in all my collection.
And in my music collection too.

The weather link in the main menu, just show the ° but not the graphic(sun, rain..)

What I´v done wrong? Or the update version fix that problem?

no, you do have to update xbmc!
you need a svn build of xbmc.
google for 'xbmc nightly builds' and you'll find them for every platform.

- emal011 - 2009-07-30

Can you explain me what´s that? I´m not fan of just click.. I´m more interesting with know "what´s for?"!

Any ways.. i´m seraching for more info^. Thnxs for the answer.

- ronie - 2009-07-30

emal011 Wrote:Can you explain me what´s that? I´m not fan of just click.. I´m more interesting with know "what´s for?"!

Any ways.. i´m seraching for more info^. Thnxs for the answer.

well, your version of xbmc is too old.
Transparency! only works with a recent version of xbmc.

since you didn't tell me if you're using linux / windows / mac / xbox,
i can't give you a link to where you can download a new version of xbmc.

- emal011 - 2009-07-30

that´s mean, I could work if i Download the latest version of XBMC?

Using Vista 64bits.

- ronie - 2009-07-30

emal011 Wrote:that´s mean, I could work if i Download the latest version of XBMC?

Using Vista 64bits.

yes. :-)

download here: http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XBMC-updates/kricker/XBMCSetup-Rev21899.exe