Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- ronie - 2009-06-06

whipper Wrote:The screens are from The Operation Mod and its what i think would look really good in Transparency! Ronie says he'll have a look.

I've been into backgrounds tab as usual no difference, the thing is I don't even get the default imagesHuh?

I just tried 9.04.1 (on Windows 7) and it's indeed missing the default background images.
The reason for this is that the new background loading code which was recently added to XBMC is not yet included in the official stable builds.
The only option is the use one of the unoffical development builds (try either the kricker or ikons builds).

Or wait 'till XBMC releases 9.10, but that won't happen for at least another 5 months.

- ronie - 2009-06-06

ekim232 Wrote:Got to love the feed back you are getting Ronie. Nothing like the intial week of posting a MOD.

it certainly keeps you busy, but that's ok i guess. i'd like to squeeze as much bugs as possible before i move on with adding extra features. adding your 'slide view' will possibly one of them, since there was some interest in it.
i wonder when the first request to make your skin transparent will pop up in The Operation thread. ;-)

ekim232 Wrote:I personally think you did a great job. My one last suggestion would be to increase the size of your media flags.

been there, done that, but it didn't work well. they looked a bit out of proportion compared to the text above the icons. currenly only the studio icon is a bit bigger than the other as it was too hard to recognize the studio logo at smaller sizes. but hey, i'll give it another shot, maybe i can get it right this time.

ekim232 Wrote:Overall great job and keep up the great work. Plus by the looks of it true video & audio flagging is not far away!

yep, i noticed the long lost CapnBry has returned. :-)

- ronie - 2009-06-06

paul Wrote:I thought i would post you a few shots of what i have done thus far, i have fixed the bottom info panel to match exactly the right list panel and have changed succesfully the dvd and cd covers i have not yet tested this on xbox as i want to get it looking how i want it on my pc before i port it to xbox should be no trouble though.

great work paul, i didn't expect you to come up with something so quickly!
the dvd case you're using is looks pretty good (and i did consider using it when i started working this mod) , but since a few other skins are already using that one, i picked another one for my mod.
the background for the info panel certainly makes the text more readable, but somehow i think it looks better if it's not the same color (transparency level) as the list background.
i'll try a few things and see if i can come up with something inbetween.

thanx for the update!

- CrashX - 2009-06-06

If it is not too much trouble can you add support for CapnBry v4 patch found here .. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30419&page=33

- Big_Ben - 2009-06-06

@rONniE,

Maybe I am stupid, but I can't find any options to change the theme (eg horizontal menu's). Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Otherwise I love the theme, keep up the good work.

- paul - 2009-06-06

Big_Ben Wrote:@rONniE,

Maybe I am stupid, but I can't find any options to change the theme (eg horizontal menu's). Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Otherwise I love the theme, keep up the good work.

Goto settings and bring up the side panel and hit skin settings then go to home window and the option you want is at the topSmile

- ronie - 2009-06-06

CrashX Wrote:If it is not too much trouble can you add support for CapnBry v4 patch found here .. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30419&page=33

I will of course add full support for this as soon as it hits the main svn branch.
In the meantime i'll see if i can cook something up for you.

- ronie - 2009-06-06

XBOX users please update to Transparency! v0.20

This will fix the texture corruption (it was caused by the linux version of XBMCTex, i switched to the windows version to compress the textures and all seems fine now).
It will also fix the crash when opening the weather window (shame on me for the bad code in MyWeather.xml)

There's no need to update if you're using windows / linux / OS X / ATV

- nicoli_k - 2009-06-06

It looks great on the xbox with the new v0.20 mod, but no pictures are showing on the home screen, it's just black. I'm running it on 480p with 36MB free memory which is a lot more than I expected for such a gorgeous skin.

Since this is for the Xbox, I have some suggestions to make it even more xbox friendly. Instead of Exit XBMC, you could have it become Restart XBMC since, in my case at least, when choosine Exit XBMC it just goes to a black screen and isn't very helpful. Also, I'm probably going to change one of the buttons into Games and point it towards my emulators and Xbox games. I'd also put the Info button back in the right thumb menu since I check the free memory quite often and would be able to do that without leaving wherever I'm at to go settings and look at it.

Finally, I'm going to put a button on the right click and add the File Manager so that I can still watch a movie while using Navi-X to download a movie or updating Apple Movie Trailers or running any script so that I'm not just staring at a loading screen while waiting.

I completely understand if you don't add these suggestions, but I thought I'd throw it out there since that's what I'm going to do to make it even more geared to the Xbox.

Thanks again for the awesome skin!

- ronie - 2009-06-06

nicoli_k Wrote:It looks great on the xbox with the new v0.20 mod, but no pictures are showing on the home screen, it's just black. I'm running it on 480p with 36MB free memory which is a lot more than I expected for such a gorgeous skin.
This skin is only compatible with very recent builds of XBMC. I've tried it with T3CH XBMC 2009-05-21 SVN rev20439 and that one works just fine. :-)
nicoli_k Wrote:Since this is for the Xbox, I have some suggestions to make it even more xbox friendly. Instead of Exit XBMC, you could have it become Restart XBMC since, in my case at least, when choosine Exit XBMC it just goes to a black screen and isn't very helpful.
If the exit function does not work properly (i noticed this too, but i'm an xbox noob) it's most likely a bug in XBMC, not in the skin. Does the exit button work correctly with PM3.HD ?
Now i could just add a restart xbmc button but, just wondering, when/why would you use 'Restart XBMC' ?
nicoli_k Wrote:Also, I'm probably going to change one of the buttons into Games and point it towards my emulators and Xbox games. I'd also put the Info button back in the right thumb menu since I check the free memory quite often and would be able to do that without leaving wherever I'm at to go settings and look at it.
Suppose i could put the info button back in the shutdown menu and have it available both in settings and the right thumb menu. Also adding a game button won't be to much of a problem i think, but i don't know how to make it point to games and emulators since i'm using neither of those.
nicoli_k Wrote:Finally, I'm going to put a button on the right click and add the File Manager so that I can still watch a movie while using Navi-X to download a movie or updating Apple Movie Trailers or running any script so that I'm not just staring at a loading screen while waiting.
I'm sorry but you lost me there. Which 'right click' menu are you referring to? Also i don't quite get what the filemanager has to do Apple Movie Trailers. As far as i know you can only use the filemanager to browse your harddisk?
nicoli_k Wrote:I completely understand if you don't add these suggestions, but I thought I'd throw it out there since that's what I'm going to do to make it even more geared to the Xbox.
Thanks again for the awesome skin!
All suggestions (code and patches too) are welcome, especially for the xbox. Im only using linux and today was the first day i ever used an xbox. Just to check out the problems xbox users were having with my skin.

- tikkiew - 2009-06-07

ronie Wrote:This skin is only compatible with very recent builds of XBMC. I've tried it with T3CH XBMC 2009-05-21 SVN rev20439 and that one works just fine. :-)
I am using with 2009-06-01 9.04.1-FIXED-Babylon build.And I am also having the black screen problem.Also I notice I have this problem also now on the PM3.HD skin.Never seen that before on PM3.HD. Does this have to do with each other?

Can you add another font for the xbox?
Cause on a crt tv screen on the xbox.You can't see the text clearly and especially the grey letter are vague
You will also find the skin of PM3 the font are bigger than the PM3.HD.

- ronie - 2009-06-07

tikkiew Wrote:I am using with 2009-06-01 9.04.1-FIXED-Babylon build.And I am also having the black screen problem.Also I notice I have this problem also now on the PM3.HD skin.Never seen that before on PM3.HD. Does this have to do with each other?

yes, indeed it has. 9.04.x builds won't work with this skin (no matter what date they are released).
you need a pre-9.10 / SVN build otherwise you'll miss the backgrounds on the home screen.

tikkiew Wrote:Can you add another font for the xbox?
Cause on a crt tv screen on the xbox.You can't see the text clearly and especially the grey letter are vague
You will also find the skin of PM3 the font are bigger than the PM3.HD.

PM3.HD was designed for widescreens, so i'm afraid it will never look good on 4x3 tv's.
the problem with making the fonts bigger will be that the text won't fit the menu buttons anymore. and it may cause similar problems in other places too.
but if you want to give it a try, you can adjust all the font sizes in fonts.xml (it's in the 720p folder).

- nicoli_k - 2009-06-07

yeah, I was using XBMC 9.04.1 r20848 which was compiled on june 1 and got the home page error. I'm going to download r20933 tonight and try it out and will post back if it's successful. (It works!!!)

nicoli_k Wrote:Finally, I'm going to put a button on the right click and add the File Manager so that I can still watch a movie while using Navi-X to download a movie or updating Apple Movie Trailers or running any script so that I'm not just staring at a loading screen while waiting.

The menu whenever you press down the right thumb stick is what I was talking about. Where Exit XBMC, Reboot, etc show up. Since there isn't an option to minimize an application, I found that by being able to pull up the file manager, I could, in essence, minimize whatever script that I'm running at the time while still downloading a video. Instead of staring at 1% complete, 5% complete, etc. I could use the file manager to navigate to the movies that are already on my harddrive or over an SMB share and watch a movie while the downloading is still going on with the script. It can also be used whenever FTPing large items so that you're not stuck watching a progress bar. I hope that makes more sense.

Also, I suggested using RestartXBMC instead of ExitXBMC since I have nothing to Exit to. XBMC is my default dashboard and whenever I click the Exit XBMC Button, I go nowhere. If XBMC locks up, which it does from time to time unfortunately, I can use the RestartXBMC and I don't have to do a complete power cycle which causes the default XBox screen to also load which has that loud sound that can't be disabled without messing around with the bios. I always disable the startup sound for XBMC, so whenever I choose Restart XBMC, I don't have to mute the TV or worry about a loud noise. It's nothing huge, it's just something that I find useful whenever I'm messing around on XBMC and don't want to turn the volume down in case of the occasional crash. I chose to just replace the Exit XBMC button since it didn't do anything for me.

- Big_Ben - 2009-06-07

Hi,

I noticed 2 quirks.
1) if you disable the settings menu in the skin options there is no way to get back into it, it would be nice if the settings would be available through the menu item too (this is more hidden and thus not so obvious for dumbo users).
2) I use the multi image option but although it shows the different images in the skin settings dialogue and within the menu item itself it does not work on the home screen for TV shows and Movies and Videos (all the other menu items work fine)

I also have an question; my biggest negative off XBMC is that you cannot have multiple libraries. I have different movie directories for Kids Movies, HD Movies etc. I don't want to mix these. The way I address it today is that the scan into library feature is only enabled for my main library. The other Libary I access in file mode through the video menu. But with this skin, if Library mode is enabled for movies it is also enabled for videos (and vice versa when you choose file mode).

Is there a way to change this ? I would love to have a seperate menu item for my kids movies that would go straight away into the file mode Kids Movies source.

Thanks in advance

- dynamix - 2009-06-07

First of all a big thanks for the update to v0.20! Corrupted textures on the xbox are history Nod Also the weatherscreen is working including the animated icons. The good old xbox has just enough power to display them.

I can confirm that using the multi images for movies and tv shows on the home screen only show the default backdrop.

Another thing is that i cannot use the system info screen as it hangs the xbox. Could it be the same bug as in the weatherscreen, ronie?

I hope you are able to fix these bugs whenever you have the time for it. Thanks in advance!