Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- Homey - 2009-06-14

OK, this is probably a stupid question but is it possible to show fanart in the "Now Playing" screen? It would be really neat if the fanart changed in the background for each song!
Is this a XBMC limitation?

Whoa, NEW VERSION!
Just downloading right now.....!!
Awesome

- ronie - 2009-06-15

Homey Wrote:OK, this is probably a stupid question but is it possible to show fanart in the "Now Playing" screen?
It already shows fanart in the Now Playing screen, if there's a fanart.jpg image in the artist folder the skin will pick it up.
Check this post for some info on how your directory structure should be for this to work.
Homey Wrote:It would be really neat if the fanart changed in the background for each song!
Is this a XBMC limitation?
There are a lot of limitations in xbmc when it comes to music fanart. But sometimes the skin can work around this.
If you want fanart to change when the song changes i could probably come up with a workaround. It will also depend on having a fanart.jpg image in the artist folder.
Also the name of the artist folder should exactly match the artist name in the id3 tag of your mp3's.

Like i said, it's a workaround and will only work if the above conditions are met.
If there's interest in this let me know and i'll try to work it out.

- ronie - 2009-06-15

Moseby99 Wrote:What's the chance of getting an uncompiled version?

Uncompressed textures can be found here.

Please post back if you think you've created something that should be included in Transparency! :-)

Gracias Senor - Moseby99 - 2009-06-15

ronie Wrote:Uncompressed textures can be found here.

Please post back if you think you've created something that should be included in Transparency! :-)

Thanks Ronie!!!! Big Grin

- nicoli_k - 2009-06-15

I love this update. It looks great. I did some modifications to the home.xml just to save me a couple clicks.
Since I already had one-click access to my movies and TV shows, I wanted one-click access to my video plugins. I changed Videos at the top to say VidPlugins (I tried Video Plugins, but it only showed Video Plug which didn't make much sense).

I changed both instances of
Code:
<label>3</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos)</onclick>
to
Code:
<label>VidPlugins</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(24,plugin://video/)</onclick>

I also changed the location that Games pointed to from
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyPrograms)</onclick>
to
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyPrograms,Games)</onclick>
**** In order to make clicking the button actually go to your games, you have to go to programs and click Add Source and then browse to where your games are and then title it Games. That makes the activated windows look at My Programs and then find the Games folder and open it. You can change the name to whatever you want, but you'd have to change the settings in between <onclick> to match it.

- Homey - 2009-06-15

This is a great update, everything's working so well!
Regarding the fan art, I think people would be interested in getting that to work in the Now Playing screen but maybe the only way to get it right is to have some sort of script/.exe that will rename and copy the right fanart image to the right artist folder and rename it to folder.jpg outside of XBMC. If people could run this after each new fanart addition, it should work pretty well. I'm not sure how much work this is!

Also, I'm using the newly-added large font option and that helps a lot in making it easier to use the interface - I think a lot of people forget that the whole concept of the HTPC is the "ten foot interface" as Bill Gates called it - the ability to use all of it from 10 feet, and using a remote.
Only problem is that the increase font size messes up some of the alignments etc!

Anyway, fantastic work and much appreciated!

- dynamix - 2009-06-15

ronie Wrote:so far, i've made the animated weather icons optional, turning them into animated gifs is still on the list.

Thanks for making those optional. Animated icons are nice but not needed, imho.

ronie Wrote:i just played around with it for a while, but so far the results are not looking that great to me. biggest problem is if you only use a pulsating fade-out/fade-in, the effect is hardly noticeable against dark backgrounds.

Thanks for considering this. I agree on you with selected items being hardly noticable with a dark background.

As for you update, looking forward to put it in my xbox!

- bionic1234 - 2009-06-15

Awesome skin mod!!
The library layout views are fantastic, very useful and fast, even with slower computer or XBOX
The overall package has a very smooth appeal. The family especially likes the weather backdrops and animated weather icons, and we find ourselves waiting for the weather to change just to see the backdrop change Big Grin

Have you thought about adding movie trailer support from the movie library without having to go into Movie Information?

- ronie - 2009-06-15

bionic1234 Wrote:Have you thought about adding movie trailer support from the movie library without having to go into Movie Information?

Nope, i never thought about it, but i just tried if i could get it to work.
It turns out you can only start a Trailer from an info window and not from one of the regular views, so i'm afraid it's not supported by xbmc.

- ronie - 2009-06-15

nicoli_k Wrote:
Code:
<label>VidPlugins</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(24,plugin://video/)</onclick>
thanx for the code, i'll consider adding this to the Home Menu in the next release.
If you choose 'wide home menu buttons' the 'Video Plugins' label should fit the button just fine.

nicoli_k Wrote:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyPrograms,Games)</onclick>
**** In order to make clicking the button actually go to your games, you have to go to programs and click Add Source and then browse to where your games are and then title it Games. That makes the activated windows look at My Programs and then find the Games folder and open it. You can change the name to whatever you want, but you'd have to change the settings in between <onclick> to match it.
Another great tip! I think i'll also be using this in the next release. I did a few tests and the code seems to fallback to MyPrograms if no Games folder is present, so i assume it won't cause any problems if xbmc can't find a Games subfolder.

- joebrady - 2009-06-15

ronie Wrote:It already shows fanart in the Now Playing screen, if there's a fanart.jpg image in the artist folder the skin will pick it up.
Check this post for some info on how your directory structure should be for this to work.

There are a lot of limitations in xbmc when it comes to music fanart. But sometimes the skin can work around this.
If you want fanart to change when the song changes i could probably come up with a workaround. It will also depend on having a fanart.jpg image in the artist folder.
Also the name of the artist folder should exactly match the artist name in the id3 tag of your mp3's.

Like i said, it's a workaround and will only work if the above conditions are met.

I've been wanting to have something like this for the xbox in my truck fro awhile now.

Relevant links:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51878

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6516

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44515

- thomash72 - 2009-06-15

ronie Wrote:It already shows fanart in the Now Playing screen, if there's a fanart.jpg image in the artist folder the skin will pick it up.

Just wanted to let you know that I am really interested in this featureCool
Already in the current version fanart will change when the song changes if you use the party mode feature when playing songs. Probably also when using smart playlists (I haven't tested this though).
Having the fanart changing for regular playlists in 'Now Playing' view as well would be really cool, and the workaround you are proposing will satisfy my needs in this area Wink

- ronie - 2009-06-15

Homey Wrote:This is a great update, everything's working so well!
Regarding the fan art, I think people would be interested in getting that to work in the Now Playing screen but maybe the only way to get it right is to have some sort of script/.exe that will rename and copy the right fanart image to the right artist folder and rename it to folder.jpg outside of XBMC. If people could run this after each new fanart addition, it should work pretty well. I'm not sure how much work this is!

I'm sure there are several ways to get it done. One way would be to use Media Info Plus to organize your music library. As far as i know it has a 'Music Wizard' option which will move all your music files to a music\artist\album\ structure. Media Info Plus will also download the necessary fanart and store it in the artist folder.

Anyway, Now Playing fanart for the current playing artist will probably be supported in one of the next releases.

Homey Wrote:Also, I'm using the newly-added large font option and that helps a lot in making it easier to use the interface - I think a lot of people forget that the whole concept of the HTPC is the "ten foot interface" as Bill Gates called it - the ability to use all of it from 10 feet, and using a remote.
Only problem is that the increase font size messes up some of the alignments etc!
Yes, the skin wasn't designed with large fonts in mind. You can enable 'wide home menu buttons' and 'wide side menu buttons' in skin settings. This may fix a few of the alignment problems.

- ronie - 2009-06-15

joebrady Wrote:I've been wanting to have something like this for the xbox in my truck fro awhile now.

Relevant links:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51878

I've been following that thread for a while and i'll probably implement some 'show fanart instead of music visualization' option too. I have my doubt on making it a slideshow, as this would mean you'll have to create a new directory structure with subfolders for every artist.
Just showing a single image (the default fanart image) would be much easier imho.

I've been trying a few things last night and it seems to work properly with both the fullscreen Music Visualization Window as well as on the Home Screen.

- wstewart - 2009-06-15

wow looks great. At this point looks like to me like its almost its own skin. Perhaps it should become PM4.HD?