Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] ASRock IONSTAR 330 (NVIDIA ION) with XBMC for Linux performance and setup? (/showthread.php?tid=52460)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- vikjon0 - 2009-09-28

Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by flxfxp
Does anyone know how to have audio over both optical and hdmi? I hate switching.

Hmm, I'd like to know that too. Is this even possible?

I wish some one would make a web site where you could just enter keyworlds like spdif and hdmi .asoundrc

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "both"
}
}

pcm.both {
type route
slave {
pcm multi
channels 4
}
ttable.0.0 1.0
ttable.1.1 1.0
ttable.0.2 1.0
ttable.1.3 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
type multi
slaves.a {
pcm "tv"
channels 2
}
slaves.b {
pcm "receiver"
channels 2
}
bindings.0.slave a
bindings.0.channel 0
bindings.1.slave a
bindings.1.channel 1
bindings.2.slave b
bindings.2.channel 0
bindings.3.slave b
bindings.3.channel 1
}

pcm.tv {
type hw
card 0
device 3
channels 2
}

pcm.receiver {
type hw
card 0
device 1
channels 2
}

- ErikX - 2009-10-03

I have a Asrock 330. I have installed XBMC live on a USB stick. So far, I like it a lot, but have some problems I can't seem to solve myself.

1. I have a Samsung 55" LED TV (UE557070). The native resolution for this TV is 1920*1080*60hz. XBMC only have a setting for 50hz. How can I make it run in 60hz?

2. I have enabled VDAPU, and assigned 512 MB ram to the video card in BIOS. Still, the famous "bird scene" in Planet Earth (1080p mkv file) is buffering/stuttering a lot. It's actually unwatchable. I thought this setup was supposed to be able to run this scene smoothly. Have I done something wrong?

3. [SOLVED] I'm trying to install 1080p bmp backdrops to use with the Aeon skin. I have transferred them to the Asrock via ftp from my Windows PC. However, when I try to browse for them in the Aeon setup, I can't find them. The Aeon setup only allows browsing to a couple of directories..

4. I can't find out how to view media on my local internal harddrive. I am running Windows 7 with default file system (I guess it's NTFS). Isn't XBMC supposed to be able to read the internal harddrive?

Feedback appreciated! :-)

- vikjon0 - 2009-10-03

Quote:
I have a Asrock 330. I have installed XBMC live on a USB stick. So far, I like it a lot, but have some problems I can't seem to solve myself.

You probably have to upgrade the NVIDIA drivers. There is plenty of guides in the forum. Use the search function. If you install to the HD it is even easier.

- ErikX - 2009-10-03

Thank you for your reply. I installed using this ISO with the latest(?) driver embedded: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=353659&postcount=35

So, I guess it's not a driver problem..

- flxfxp - 2009-10-04

vikjon0 Wrote:I wish some one would make a web site where you could just enter keyworlds like spdif and hdmi .asoundrc

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "both"
}
}

pcm.both {
type route
slave {
pcm multi
channels 4
}
ttable.0.0 1.0
ttable.1.1 1.0
ttable.0.2 1.0
ttable.1.3 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
type multi
slaves.a {
pcm "tv"
channels 2
}
slaves.b {
pcm "receiver"
channels 2
}
bindings.0.slave a
bindings.0.channel 0
bindings.1.slave a
bindings.1.channel 1
bindings.2.slave b
bindings.2.channel 0
bindings.3.slave b
bindings.3.channel 1
}

pcm.tv {
type hw
card 0
device 3
channels 2
}

pcm.receiver {
type hw
card 0
device 1
channels 2
}

Does this enable sound to go over both hdmi and optical? Does 5.1 still works when using this? What should be the audio hardware settings in xbmc?
Regards,
Dennis

- glenner05 - 2009-10-04

i'm using the latest svn build... can i somehow use SD upscaling with VDPAU on an ION board? I tried to enable HQ software upscaling for SD content only, en then i could select VDPAU upscaling level. But when i try to play a dvd XBMC crashes and restarts? Software upscaling with Bicubic settings does work, but then the movie stutters a lot, guess the atom 330 isn't powerfull enough...

- vikjon0 - 2009-10-04

Quote:Does this enable sound to go over both hdmi and optical? Does 5.1 still works when using this? What should be the audio hardware settings in xbmc?

I put the text both in the xbmc setting, but I suspect that default also works.
As you can see in the code this example is for 2 channels.

- ErikX - 2009-10-04

ErikX Wrote:I have a Asrock 330. I have installed XBMC live on a USB stick. So far, I like it a lot, but have some problems I can't seem to solve myself.

1. I have a Samsung 55" LED TV (UE557070). The native resolution for this TV is 1920*1080*60hz. XBMC only have a setting for 50hz. How can I make it run in 60hz?

2. I have enabled VDAPU, and assigned 512 MB ram to the video card in BIOS. Still, the famous "bird scene" in Planet Earth (1080p mkv file) is buffering/stuttering a lot. It's actually unwatchable. I thought this setup was supposed to be able to run this scene smoothly. I am streaming the vide over wired 100 Mbit network, Have I done something wrong?

3. [SOLVED] I'm trying to install 1080p bmp backdrops to use with the Aeon skin. I have transferred them to the Asrock via ftp from my Windows PC. However, when I try to browse for them in the Aeon setup, I can't find them. The Aeon setup only allows browsing to a couple of directories..

4. I can't find out how to view media on my local internal harddrive. I am running Windows 7 with default file system (I guess it's NTFS). Isn't XBMC supposed to be able to read the internal harddrive?

Feedback appreciated! :-)

Issue 3 is not an issue anymore. I would still like to get some feedback on issue 1, 2 and 4.

- ErikX - 2009-10-05

ErikX Wrote:Issue 3 is not an issue anymore. I would still like to get some feedback on issue 1, 2 and 4.

Issue 2 is not an issue anymore. It was actually a network problem. When copying the file to the local disk it played without any hickups. I was not aware that 100 Mbit is to slow to stream 1080p hd.

Now, all that remains is issue 1 and 4 :-)

- flxfxp - 2009-10-06

Add your local HD as a source. Be sure that its mounted and available.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MountingWindowsPartitions/ThirdPartyNTFS3G

- ErikX - 2009-10-06

flxfxp Wrote:Add your local HD as a source. Be sure that its mounted and available.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MountingWindowsPartitions/ThirdPartyNTFS3G

Thanx! But how do I do this in XBMC live?

- flxfxp - 2009-10-06

i dont know if this is possible, it might be smart to go to a full installation instead of a livecd

- ErikX - 2009-10-06

flxfxp Wrote:i dont know if this is possible, it might be smart to go to a full installation instead of a livecd

Thanx, but full install is not an option for me, as I am using Windows 7 as my main OS for different reasons.

Will I get the same problem with an external USB disk? I just ordered one, and had hoped it would be immediately recognized by XMBC live when I plug it in..

- flxfxp - 2009-10-06

I don't know about xbmc live, it should work on the full svn installation by default, it does for me.

Is dual booting no option?

- ErikX - 2009-10-06

flxfxp Wrote:I don't know about xbmc live, it should work on the full svn installation by default, it does for me.

Is dual booting no option?

I might consider dual boot if there is no way to get XBMC live to recognize my external usb disk. However, I'm quite confident that there has to be a way to solve this.

Any XBMC live experts care to comment?

EDIT: Just found out that USB disks are automounted and that internal disks can be accessed by removing "nodiskount" from menu.lst :-)

Only remaining issue: I have a Samsung 55" LED TV (UE557070). The native resolution for this TV is 1920*1080*60hz. XBMC only have a setting for 50hz. How can I make it run in 60hz?