Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Native Media Flagging support for Aeon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Native Media Flagging support for Aeon (/showthread.php?tid=52581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- ccMatrix - 2009-06-20

I created a branch for this mod on github:

http://github.com/ccMatrix/aeon/tree/NativeFlagging

This should make it easier for people to update if I change something and I no longer have to upload the zip files with everything in it just for some minor changes Smile

Please note that the branch is the Aeon exactly as I use it. So there are some other changes or mods applied as well.

pletopia Wrote:but resolution is already handled by the 3rd flag

its up to you .. its your code, your mod .. i can always cut and paste to my fit my whims Wink

i just view it as network is like studio
therefore .. i already replaced the hbo_hd.png with the hbo.png .. don't want res info in the network .. when i redo my whole tv library .. i'll take out the hd-ed network flags and replace them with the defaults
I think in tv show mode the flags are showing source/videocodec/resolution/audiocodec. Source can be either a TV network (in which case it will show the network logo), a unknown TV network (in which case it shows the SDTV/HDTV logo) or a medium (for rips e.g. Blu-Ray, DVD etc.). While I don't see much logic in showing Blu-Ray or DVD logos for movies except if they are in fact DVD or Blu-Ray images of the disc, I can see a very good reason to show these for tv shows. This is why I added the code to replace the network logo with Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/DVD if present in the filename.

- pletopia - 2009-06-20

ccMatrix Wrote:I think in tv show mode the flags are showing source/videocodec/resolution/audiocodec. Source can be either a TV network (in which case it will show the network logo), a unknown TV network (in which case it shows the SDTV/HDTV logo) or a medium (for rips e.g. Blu-Ray, DVD etc.). While I don't see much logic in showing Blu-Ray or DVD logos for movies except if they are in fact DVD or Blu-Ray images of the disc, I can see a very good reason to show these for tv shows. This is why I added the code to replace the network logo with Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/DVD if present in the filename.

can you let me know what file and roughly what lines i should look at to change the tv flags in multiplex view .. i want to make it network/source/resolution/audiocodec

basically i plan on moving your new code ("code to replace the network logo with Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/DVD if present in the filename") to the spot that handles the second flag and keeping the code for the first flag from previous versions of this mod

- Viking - 2009-06-20

pletopia Wrote:can you let me know what file and roughly what lines i should look at to change the tv flags in multiplex view .. i want to make it network/source/resolution/audiocodec

basically i plan on moving your new code ("code to replace the network logo with Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/DVD if present in the filename") to the spot that handles the second flag and keeping the code for the first flag from previous versions of this mod

Great CC MAtrix Big Grin one question though...could we gather all modders/skinner best Aeon Auriga/Stark in one thread...or do you prefer your own?

- poubelle1970 - 2009-06-20

ronie Wrote:I don't have windows on my HTPC so i can't check that for you.
Also i'm wondering, do you also get a high cpu usage when you're not playing a movie ?
You can check this by enabling debug logging: Settings > System > Hardware > Enable debug logging

I did some test with debug logging.
You were right, CPU load is huge when not playing a movie with Labels ON.
As soon as I turn labels to off, CPU usage is normal.

Reinstalled Intel latest G45 driver and a full clean install of XBMC and the bug is still here.
Labels on = movie playback 1080 = CPU up to 90% and lots of dropped frames
Labels off = movie playback 1080 = CPU up to 40% and no dropped frames

When i put my ATI 4530 in the HTPC, everything is ok with labels on or off.

Vista 32/E5200 @ 3,3Ghz/4g RAM

So is there a coding bug with native media flag and intel g45 Huh

- ronie - 2009-06-20

poubelle1970 Wrote:I did some test with debug logging.
You were right, CPU load is huge when not playing a movie with Labels ON.
As soon as I turn labels to off, CPU usage is normal.

Reinstalled Intel latest G45 driver and a full clean install of XBMC and the bug is still here.
Labels on = movie playback 1080 = CPU up to 90% and lots of dropped frames
Labels off = movie playback 1080 = CPU up to 40% and no dropped frames

When i put my ATI 4530 in the HTPC, everything is ok with labels on or off.

Vista 32/E5200 @ 3,3Ghz/4g RAM

So is there a coding bug with native media flag and intel g45 Huh

Feel free to test with the skin in my signature, it has media flagging build in and can be disabled through skin settings. Testing it with another skin is probably the easiest way to find out if it's an Aeon thing or a driver bug.

ronie Wrote:Feel free to test with the skin in my signature, it has media flagging build in and can be disabled through skin settings. Testing it with another skin is probably the easiest way to find out if it's an Aeon thing or a driver bug.

Ok good idea, i will test your Transparency skin with G45 and check if labels ON overload the CPU too.
I did a full resintall again, and problem is still here. I did no try with very old versions of XBMC SVN . I tested back to version 20960.

Edit : tested with Trnasparency! and PM3. No bug at all, G45+ label on/off = flawless playback.
So i guess the bug is in Aeon skin (DJH Auriga version untouched , and a French mod of Auriga = same bug).

- PainToad - 2009-06-20

Are the studio icons meant to show on the TV Show listing, ie. not just Episode view..?

EDIT: And Fox ones don't seem to show at all?

- pletopia - 2009-06-20

i'm pretty sure they only show in episode level .. not season or root level

- PainToad - 2009-06-20

So I figured out it's not FOX that's not working for me, just no FOX showing up for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, even though its listed on tvdb...

- stoplis - 2009-06-20

I have sorted through all of the studio flags, renamed, etc.
I have managed to get most of them to work for me, including TV studios.
Download
I hope this helps some people.
I also found that the HDTV flag detection was missing from 'includes_mediaflag.xml'

- pletopia - 2009-06-20

stoplis Wrote:I have sorted through all of the studio flags, renamed, etc.
I have managed to get most of them to work for me, including TV studios.
Download
I hope this helps some people.
I also found that the HDTV flag detection was missing from 'includes_mediaflag.xml'

can you be a little more specifc what that zip file is ? how is it different then just getting ccMatrix's file or pulling it from github ?

- stoplis - 2009-06-20

pletopia Wrote:can you be a little more specifc what that zip file is ? how is it different then just getting ccMatrix's file or pulling it from github ?

Just had a look at that, what I have done is the smae. I should have checked first, would have saved me some time.

pletopia Wrote:can you let me know what file and roughly what lines i should look at to change the tv flags in multiplex view .. i want to make it network/source/resolution/audiocodec

I've edited the Includes_mediaflags.xml to include hdtv source, and changed the episode flags so it goes:
Studio (TV Network) -> Source (HDTV/Bluray/DVD/etc.) -> Video Resolution (480P/720P/1080P) -> Audio Codec & Channels (DolbyDigital/DTS 5.1/7.1)

Download

Hope this helps a few people who perfered it the old way.

- pletopia - 2009-06-20

stoplis Wrote:I've edited the Includes_mediaflags.xml to include hdtv source, and changed the episode flags so it goes:
Studio (TV Network) -> Source (HDTV/Bluray/DVD/etc.) -> Video Resolution (480P/720P/1080P) -> Audio Codec & Channels (DolbyDigital/DTS 5.1/7.1)

Download

Hope this helps a few people who perfered it the old way.

thx for sharing .. i downloaded your file .. and its working like i want it to (after two quick find/replace .. i use dvdrip instead of sddvd and i like it to look in foldername instead of filename for source info .. but other then that its perfect and exactly what i wanted)

- pletopia - 2009-06-20

okay .. i'm not sure why this is happening but here are the results

the.tudors.s01, the.tudors.s02 no studio flag .. the.tudors.s03 showtime flag displays
weeds.s01-s04 doesn't dispaly studio flag .. not sure about s05 since i dont' have it loaded into the library yet

EDIT:
okay .. took a look at more shows and its seems to be only limited to showtime shows
sleeper.cell.s01 no network flag .. s02 displays showtime flag

EDIT #2:
reloaded more shows .. its not only limited to showtime shows but from what it looks like the only shows where it displays a flag for one season but not another season are showtime

I may have found the bug with native labels , latest AEON and Intel G45.

If i choose labels without "codec", all seems fine. As soon as i choose a label indicating the codec, CPU is overloaded.