Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-08-10

logictester Wrote:have the same problem - so far i found that enabling the default media flags in settings brings back the audio flags for me, but the res flags just apear when they feel like it Smile i did the debug flags thingy - hope it will show me something in the debug log ...

Im chatting with Andy about it now, and he has found the problem.

/Söder

- patkhoo - 2009-08-10

Ayla Wrote:no support for Mac patkhoo? Sad

If you will donate a Mac to me, I promise you I'll get one out immediately Big Grin

But seriously, I don't think it is difficult to convert this script to Mac or Linux.. I could probably do linux, got a couple of Ubuntu boxes in the office..

- patkhoo - 2009-08-10

azido Wrote:looks like that script is not cross-platform and is only useful for windows users at present. also it will not prevent ppl from getting stuck with github because if github is not working properly for any reason, your bat will fail to work also. no real alternate download method in my opinion, although it can make windows user's lazy life a bit more convenient Rolleyes
i'll wait for feedback as you do, and if it's positive i'll likely add it as an option for windows users in our wiki.

but i would be more happy with a real download alternative that can be used platform-independent..

Well Matt, for the same reasons I alluded in the first place - a) bandwidth, and b) time-to-update, using (or rather, re-using) git is the best way. I haven't got the sort of bandwidth required to host what XBMC update does, although I'm pretty sure if someone can pony up the bandwidth, I can hack up a daily git snapshot script to put it up..

As for cross-platform, since the bat uses git, it is pretty cross platform. It shouldn't be too difficult to convert the bat file to /bin/sh or such. After all, .bat is less powerful than sh scripting Smile

Anyways, give me a day or so, I can write up a Linux version and put it up for testing.. Can't be sure it will work 100%, but if someone else uses XBMC on Ubuntu, maybe they can give it a try..

In the mean time, for Windows users, please do test it out. bugs, feedback are welcome!

- patkhoo - 2009-08-10

Off-topic Start --

patkhoo Wrote:... the sort of bandwidth required to host what XBMC update does, although I'm pretty sure if someone can pony up the bandwidth, I can hack up a daily git snapshot script to put it up..

Actually, better approaches are to host using SVN or rsync. If I were starting a brand new project from scratch, I'd choose SVN. But djh's original repos of Aeon is Git, so it stands that Andy needs to git clone Aeon to branch Aeon Showmix.

Again, these are possible approaches, but someone needs to put up the hosting for a daily/nightly snapshot, or hook up to an rsync server or persuade Andy to switch to SVN.

-- Back on Topic

- patkhoo - 2009-08-10

azido Wrote:also it will not prevent ppl from getting stuck with github because if github is not working properly for any reason, your bat will fail to work also.

Just wanted to add that so far, using git:// on github, I have never (not once) had a problem with downloads. On the other hand, I have had errors if I clicked on the zip/tar.gz from github's web page though.

So far, the most common problem is due to git merge failures. So, my script does not do merges at all and does blind overwrites for updates (and thus, is only for the common joe user). In this way, the most common problem (git merge conflicts) are avoided.

- logictester - 2009-08-10

soder Wrote:Im chatting with Andy about it now, and he has found the problem.

/Söder

really? woohoo - thouhgt i was going insane Smile

- azido - 2009-08-10

patkhoo Wrote:Just wanted to add that so far, using git:// on github, I have never (not once) had a problem with downloads. On the other hand, I have had errors if I clicked on the zip/tar.gz from github's web page though.

So far, the most common problem is due to git merge failures. So, my script does not do merges at all and does blind overwrites for updates (and thus, is only for the common joe user). In this way, the most common problem (git merge conflicts) are avoided.

i would like to say the same, and until yesterday i would likely be on your boat. but yesterday on an initial clone done with git bash it got stuck on 83% Sad

i wonder if there can be a script or any other automation that can fetch only andy's commits/updates and push them to another place. that way i would have no problem in hosting those updates on azido.de, as they are not that huge in general.
on the other hand, beside some merging probs (one or more candidates not being up-to-date) git pull works quite good, so that's not really the problem and is even fixed with your overwriting-in-all-cases script.

what we really need is a mirror for the complete mod, updated on a scheduled basis, from a place where bandwidth doesn't hurt and downloads are stable.

- soder - 2009-08-10

Andy: About if I found more problems with the 1.60 BETA.

There is the one with long genre/titles that fuck up the "ratio flag".

/Söder

- azido - 2009-08-10

logictester Wrote:really? woohoo - thouhgt i was going insane Smile

you are insane, my friend Laugh

- logictester - 2009-08-10

azido Wrote:you are insane, my friend Laugh

i am but not over media flags Nod

- Mike2023 - 2009-08-11

I think I saw someone talking about a setting that they could add to the advanced settings.xml to get rid of the previous directory button when viewing movies or tv. Does anyone know off hand what that was? or am I crazy.

Thanks

- soder - 2009-08-11

Mike2023 Wrote:I think I saw someone talking about a setting that they could add to the advanced settings.xml to get rid of the previous directory button when viewing movies or tv. Does anyone know off hand what that was? or am I crazy.

Thanks

Isnt that also a XBMC setting?

/Söder

- logictester - 2009-08-11

Mike2023 Wrote:I think I saw someone talking about a setting that they could add to the advanced settings.xml to get rid of the previous directory button when viewing movies or tv. Does anyone know off hand what that was? or am I crazy.

Thanks

in XBMC settings - appearence - view options - hide parent folder items

- azido - 2009-08-11

is it just me or is alpha 5 getting weirder and weirder every time i use it?

i mean, right now i cannot change a simple option without the need to restart xbmc since something else will be missing (or shown where it shouldn't).
looks like with every freeze it get's more mad.

- soder - 2009-08-11

azido Wrote:is it just me or is alpha 5 getting weirder and weirder every time i use it?

i mean, right now i cannot change a simple option without the need to restart xbmc since something else will be missing (or shown where it shouldn't).
looks like with every freeze it get's more mad.

Its the same for me, but Andy have told me that he has to rewrite the option part.

/Söder