Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- logictester - 2009-08-12

patkhoo Wrote:Ember Media Manager v1008 works fine.. I see the aspect ratio in Aeon Showmix.. what's missing right now (for me) is the audio flags Wink But I guess some ppl (key azido/logictester Smile have access to new(er) files than those on git Smile

for now to get the audio flag back - enable default media flags in sttings, andy fixed this issue already - but it's not on git yet

- patkhoo - 2009-08-12

logictester Wrote:for now to get the audio flag back - enable default media flags in sttings, andy fixed this issue already - but it's not on git yet

Hey, thanks for the tip! Smile It's not really a big deal for me.. I'm just using it as an excuse to poke you and Matt, he he he! Laugh

- patkhoo - 2009-08-12

punking Wrote:I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the CF2009's home mod thread, but as I'm using the showcase mix I thought I'd ask here.

The single recently added image on the home page for movies appears to use the fanart. Is there a way to change this to use the poster image (like the recently added list does) or because of the size use a screenshot?

Thanks.

Usually fanart is full size (size of your screen), but poster is small(er) sized.. also, fanart is usually widescreen, but poster is, well poster Smile So it makes sense to use fanart for the background instead of poster.. Or at least I think so.. Huh

- punking - 2009-08-12

patkhoo Wrote:Usually fanart is full size (size of your screen), but poster is small(er) sized.. also, fanart is usually widescreen, but poster is, well poster Smile So it makes sense to use fanart for the background instead of poster.. Or at least I think so.. Huh

I didn't mean for the background but for the little recently added window that pops up above the menu bar. It just shows the last movie added. The TV one uses a screenshot and I wonder if the movie one might as well.

You are right that the size as a poster probably wouldn't fit.

- logictester - 2009-08-12

patkhoo Wrote:Hey, thanks for the tip! Smile It's not really a big deal for me.. I'm just using it as an excuse to poke you and Matt, he he he! Laugh

Big Grin

- azido - 2009-08-12

patkhoo Wrote:But I guess some ppl (key azido/logictester Smile have access to new(er) files than those on git Smile

..and we also have access to newer and more horrifiying bugs/troubles than any of you encounter right now, so hold on Wink it will be worth the wait once we are able to track down the errors and fix them.

- azido - 2009-08-12

patkhoo Wrote:I believe that the solution is to:
a) Persuade andy to switch to SVN, but I think it is a little unfair to ask him to do so..

..and will also render the whole assembla solution useless. personally i really like the "all in one" abilities given there: having a wiki, a bug tracking system, a direct combination with github and much more - all in one place.

most likely we should wait and see what your c) option can do for us.

for the moment i'm quite happy with github and the --depth 1 switch. i mean, if we are able to pack that initial clone back to around 210mb and put it on a host to be leeched by others, i would have no problem in creating archives of those changed files received by a pull and host them. that way we can use any given hoster for those 210mb of initial stuff and serve weekly updates with zips that just overwrite.

- azido - 2009-08-12

by the way:

i just found out you can download single commits as zips or tars.

go to history, then select the commit of a given entry to see what have been changed there - and when pressing download on that page, you will only receive the data of that commit. i guess if your script can get the whole thing from their web, a slightly modification would also enable to fetch the commits of a given day..

not sure what tree and parent means, though. can someone explain?

- grupy - 2009-08-12

I checked the wiki for this great theme at Azido's signature but didnt see a reference to a light xbox version of this skin. I dont know if its possible to use this skin on the xbox and I tried to go through the many pages within this thread and didnt see an official link or anything...can someone pls shed some light if there is one and where I can get it, and how it works on their xbox?

- azido - 2009-08-12

grupy Wrote:I checked the wiki for this great theme at Azido's signature but didnt see a reference to a light xbox version of this skin. I dont know if its possible to use this skin on the xbox and I tried to go through the many pages within this thread and didnt see an official link or anything...can someone pls shed some light if there is one and where I can get it, and how it works on their xbox?

aeon auriga (which is the basic skin underlying our modifications) was never intended to run on xbox at all. maybe someone like xbox.01 has done modifications to have "stark" fit on xbox memory issues, but showmix with all that addons will likely not work on xbox. it's primary goal is to work on a htpc.

- SHen350 - 2009-08-13

azido Wrote:aeon auriga (which is the basic skin underlying our modifications) was never intended to run on xbox at all. maybe someone like xbox.01 has done modifications to have "stark" fit on xbox memory issues, but showmix with all that addons will likely not work on xbox. it's primary goal is to work on a htpc.

What?!? I thought the primary goal was to make me happy? Look, I'm not sure what you are thinking here, but my Mother assures me the world revolves around me. Stare :p

- grupy - 2009-08-13

azido Wrote:aeon auriga (which is the basic skin underlying our modifications) was never intended to run on xbox at all. maybe someone like xbox.01 has done modifications to have "stark" fit on xbox memory issues, but showmix with all that addons will likely not work on xbox. it's primary goal is to work on a htpc.

i like the showmix and perhaps once i get settled into my new place, I will purchase a htpc but for now, xbmc testing for me will have to be on the xbox.

i appreciate the reply.

- azido - 2009-08-13

grupy Wrote:i like the showmix and perhaps once i get settled into my new place, I will purchase a htpc but for now, xbmc testing for me will have to be on the xbox.

i appreciate the reply.

i'm sorry i can't tell you any better. but i took your "request" as a hint and placed an information about showmix currently not (and maybe never) being available/usable for xbox users to the wiki..

Script to Download, Install and Update Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched - patkhoo - 2009-08-13

OK, here's the links for the latest version of my script. The big changes are:
1. Added Linux Ubuntu 8.04 support
2. Stripped down Git on Windows and Ubuntu
3. Added support for Aeon Auriga and Aeon Hitched

Windows Download
Linux Download

So, to recap for new users: You can just use this script to download, install and update Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched (or all 3 at the same time) skins into your XBMC on Windows and Linux. Everything you need (git, fonts) is already included, and no other additional downloads etc are necessary (I think Smile.

This script is targeted at "Ordinary Users" who just want to get a copy of these skins (and keep it up to date) and who do not make any personal mods or develop code on top of the skins.

Now, for "added reliability" (aka partial independence from github), I will try to put up repository copies of Aeon Showmix, Aeon Auriga and Aeon Hitched for download as an alternative to doing a clone from Git. If you download one of these "repository copies", you can use them together with this script to seamlessly install into XBMC and perform updates in the future.

(Regretfull, due to the loss of the Internet fibre optics off Taiwan due to the typhoon, Net access is really slow for me, so the "repository copies" will take a while to put up.)

For Mac users, I don't have a Mac, so I can't test it out. However, you can try getting your own copy of Git and configure my (linux) script to point to your Git binaries. Then run them from a console. I have a feeling it just might work. Maybe some Mac users can give it a try and post the results?

Anyway, I hope users will give it a whirl and help to see if there are any bugs or problems.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Code:
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted
  Aeon Showmix, Aeon Auriga and Aeon Hitched XBMC Skin(s)
Script Version: 20090813, Patrick Khoo
Tested with:
* Git Portable 1.6.4-20090729, Windows XP
* Git 1.6.4 (requires libz, libcrypto, libpthread), Ubuntu 8.04.3
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---- Normal Users - Quick Start Instructions ----
How to use:
1. Copy all files in this package (or if this is a self extracting
   package, unextract it) to a new folder
   (eg. "C:\Program Files\ASMUpdate" or "~/asmupdate")
2. Edit the file "asmupdate" in the folder and specify the correct
   location of your XBMC installation
   (eg. "C:\Program Files\XBMC" or "~/xbmc")
3. While still editing "asmupdate", choose to comment/uncomment
   GETSHOWMIX, GETAURIGA and GETHITCHED as required
4. Just run "asmupdate" by double-click-ing on "ASMUpdate.bat" or
   typing "./asmupdate.sh" from your shell prompt

This will install Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched to your XBMC skins
folder.

In the future, to update Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched skin, just run
the "asmupdate" again.

To see the last 10 changes you've just downloaded, run "asmver",
Press "space" for next page, "q" to exit.

---- Upgrading Instructions ----
1. Just delete all folders in your ASMUpdate folder _EXCEPT_
   ASMGIT, AAGIT or AHMGIT
2. Extract all the files from this new version into your existing
   ASMUpdate folder
3. Re-configure "asmupdate", "asmver", "asmusb" accordingly

---- Update Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched via USB HDD ----
1. Copy all files in this package to your USB HDD
   (eg. "F:\ASMUpdate" or "/media/usb/asmupdate")
2. Comment the XBMC Path in "asmupdate", but configure the
   correct path in "asmusb". Don't forget to comment/uncomment
   GETSHOWMIX, GETAURIGA and GETHITCHED in "asmupdate" as required
3. From an Internet-connected PC, run "asmupdate"
4. Unplug USB HDD, connect it to offline XBMC-installed PC
5. Run "asmusb"

---- Notes for Advanced Users ---
a) If you wish to, you can set a schedule for the script via
   Windows scheduler/crontab. If you use a shortcut link, make
   sure that the working directory is set to the current folder
   and not your home or XBMC directories.
b) If you have add-on ASM mods or do _NOT_ wish to automatically
   update your Aeon Showmix skin, just comment out the path
   to XBMC in "asmupdate".
c) You can also comment out the XBMC path if you want to keep a
   tracking copy of the skin(s) on your HDD outside of XBMC.
d) If you have difficulties using the bundled git programs,
   please install a version for your platform and configure
   GITPATH in "asmupdate" and "asmver" as appropriate

---- Notes for Technical Users ---
The thing about git is that unlike svn, it is a "distributed
version control system". Meaning that when you clone, you are
getting the _WHOLE_ repository and not just doing a checkout.
On top of that, the way git was designed, you (by default) are
supposed to be working on your own branch of the tree.

What we need to do therefore, is download or update a copy of
the respository locally, then force a checkout from our local
copy. This is close(r) in operation to SVN.

So, instead of git pull, which does fetch and merge (which can
result in merge conflicts) to our local branch, we use fetch
and checkout to force git to ignore any changes made locally.

Of course, the downside is that no merging will be performed,
and any changes you do make manually to the skin(s) _WILL_ be
overwritten. But I think for a target audience of "Just Plain
Ordinary Users" who just want to use the skin(s) and keep it up
to date, this is the right mode of operation.

---- Version History ----
* Added Linux Ubuntu 8.04 version
* Stripped down Git on Windows and Ubuntu
* Added support for Aeon Auriga and Aeon Hitched

* Initial Release, Windows XP, Git Portable 1.6.4, Aeon Showmix

---- Credits ----
Credits to Git/MSysGit project and GitHub, without whom, this
package would not have been possible.

Credits of course to AndyBlac, djh and Hitcher and all XBMC
developers for coming up with some excellent software and the
reason for this script in the first place :)

Greetz to thread 52755 :)

- azido - 2009-08-13

SHen350 Wrote:What?!? I thought the primary goal was to make me happy? Look, I'm not sure what you are thinking here, but my Mother assures me the world revolves around me. Stare :p

actually, i have some bad news for you:

my grandma (you remember?) now has a pumpgun.
last time i met her she said she wants to get rid of some vermin. i have a feeling you should duck and cover Eek

Laugh