Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Pr.Sinister - 2009-08-24

azido Wrote:that's simply not true as movie.jpg/tbn and moviename.jpg/tbn are the native files, which are valid for every skin. i have not a single folder.jpg in my movie directories and get posters in file mode in every skin - even in pm3 hd..

Forgot about those Big Grin

But i guess it's best to let him know that if he deletes folder.jpg, he needs to
have the other files to stay compatible with all skins and views...

-Pr.

- azido - 2009-08-24

Pr.Sinister Wrote:Forgot about those Big Grin

But i guess it's best to let him know that if he deletes folder.jpg, he needs to
have the other files to stay compatible with all skins and views...

-Pr.

Laugh easiest way for him to get all those needed moviename.tbn files would be to export movie database to seperate files along with fanart and posters. afterwards he can simply delete folder.jpg (or maybe mass-rename them to poster.jpg instead for an additional benefit in skins like this one). also, as he is using EMM, he can even let EMM do the cleanup job.

but my guess is he wants to use folder.jpg for any reason - and wants this skin to support it.

- patkhoo - 2009-08-24

azido Wrote:but my guess is he wants to use folder.jpg for any reason - and wants this skin to support it.

But... Showmix already supports it!!! See, if you have a folder somewhere not in your movie library, go to Videos (not Movies), browse to the folder, and walah! The folder magically uses this folder.jpg!!! Ta dah!!!

See, Showmix already does it all, save for making popcorn and turning off "Wife-Nagging" mode.. I'm still trying to get Andy to build those two.. Laugh

- riverhawk - 2009-08-24

azido Wrote:Laugh easiest way for him to get all those needed moviename.tbn files would be to export movie database to seperate files along with fanart and posters. afterwards he can simply delete folder.jpg (or maybe mass-rename them to poster.jpg instead for an additional benefit in skins like this one). also, as he is using EMM, he can even let EMM do the cleanup job.

but my guess is he wants to use folder.jpg for any reason - and wants this skin to support it.

Yeah, I would like to keep the folder.jpg so I can see the images when using windows explorer while browsing through my directories. I guess I'm looking for a batch file that copies all the folder.jpg's to the same folder while renaming them to either poster.jpg or movie.tbn(did we decide which is more useful between the two names?).

- eumel - 2009-08-24

riverhawk Wrote:I guess I'm looking for a batch file that copies all the folder.jpg's to the same folder while renaming them to either poster.jpg or movie.tbn(did we decide which is more useful between the two names?).
Ember Media Manager can do this, if you search for Movie Infos.

- patkhoo - 2009-08-24

riverhawk Wrote:I guess I'm looking for a batch file that copies all the folder.jpg's to the same folder while renaming them to either poster.jpg or movie.tbn(did we decide which is more useful between the two names?).

If your movie structure is: X:\Movies\Terminator\folder.jpg, then in the X:\Movies folder, try this command:

Code:
@for /f "usebackq delims=" %i in (`dir /ad /b`) do @copy "%i\folder.jpg" "%i\poster.jpg"

Can't guarantee, but, I think it ought to do the trick..

- azido - 2009-08-24

riverhawk Wrote:Yeah, I would like to keep the folder.jpg so I can see the images when using windows explorer

so now see that is a very special request that has nothing to do with xbmc or this skin then. why don't you just try as i said, exporting your movie database to seperate files with images. that way you get all you need and still keep your folder.jpg for your displaying pleasure in explorer.

- azido - 2009-08-24

patkhoo Wrote:But... Showmix already supports it!!! See, if you have a folder somewhere not in your movie library, go to Videos (not Movies), browse to the folder, and walah! The folder magically uses this folder.jpg!!! Ta dah!!!

yeah, maybe. but i would not waste my time to support displaying of posters for movies that are not in my library anyway. NOT showing a poster here is a good indication of it not being in database yet.

- Pr.Sinister - 2009-08-24

riverhawk Wrote:Yeah, I would like to keep the folder.jpg so I can see the images when using windows explorer while browsing through my directories. I guess I'm looking for a batch file that copies all the folder.jpg's to the same folder while renaming them to either poster.jpg or movie.tbn(did we decide which is more useful between the two names?).

When i was using Media Companion, it was creating the moviename.tbn that
was different from the folder.jpg i already had there. It was driving me crazy
so i just let it do it and then ran this little batch file i created :

Code:
@Echo off
for /R R:\Movies %%l in (*.avi) do (
cd %%~dpl
copy /y folder.jpg "%%~nl.tbn"
Echo Created "%%~nl.tbn"
cd R:\Movies
)

What this does is look into the specified folder for all .avi files in subdirectories
and create a .tbn file with the same name as the avi. The .tbn file is generated
from the folder.jpg

If you want to create poster.jpg, just change "%%~nl.tbn" to poster.jpg.
Same applies to movie.tbn

I have so many of these batch files lying around. My favorites are the ones
i incorporate to the right-click menu where i select any file and can create
folder.jpg, poster.jpg, banner.jpg or logo.png in a single click.

P.S. banner.jpg and logo.png are not supported by XBMC but i use them for
for some of my unreleased mods Smile

-Pr.

- SHen350 - 2009-08-25

patkhoo Wrote:But... Showmix already supports it!!! See, if you have a folder somewhere not in your movie library, go to Videos (not Movies), browse to the folder, and walah! The folder magically uses this folder.jpg!!! Ta dah!!!

See, Showmix already does it all, save for making popcorn and turning off "Wife-Nagging" mode.. I'm still trying to get Andy to build those two.. Laugh

I suggested the popcorn way before the feature freeze, I believe it fell on deaf ears.

- uberweiss - 2009-08-25

I'm having trouble to get this to work with Plex on my mac. Isn't it supposed to work? I just put it in my Skin folder and when i try to load the skin from the plex menu, plex crashes and has to start over.

Any ideas? Do i have to do something special since i don't use xbmc?

- patkhoo - 2009-08-25

SHen350 Wrote:I suggested the popcorn way before the feature freeze, I believe it fell on deaf ears.

Ah, but you see, Popcorn without the "Wife-Nagging -> Off" function is just not enough.. Imagine you're in the middle of watching Liam Neeson blow the Ukranian creep away in Taken in 720p with DTS blowing out your speakers while your hand is gripping a bunch of crunchies halfway to your mouth...

...and then you hear "Can you clean that mess off the floor?" 50 decibels higher than a jumbo jet taking off with strong crosswinds... No No No

- azido - 2009-08-25

uberweiss Wrote:I'm having trouble to get this to work with Plex on my mac. Isn't it supposed to work? I just put it in my Skin folder and when i try to load the skin from the plex menu, plex crashes and has to start over.

Any ideas? Do i have to do something special since i don't use xbmc?

i guess the plex version is simply not recent enough.
try xbmc for mac instead, using an svn version.

- hotlobster - 2009-08-25

Hi,

Since few rev, my home menu put "SEQUENCES" instead of "FILMS" ( the french translation of MOVIES button ) .

Does somesbody have any idea why ? I've checked in translation file and it sems ok.

Thanks.

- azido - 2009-08-25

hotlobster Wrote:Hi,

Since few rev, my home menu put "SEQUENCES" instead of "FILMS" ( the french translation of MOVIES button ) .

Does somesbody have any idea why ? I've checked in translation file and it sems ok.

Thanks.

quick fix:

edit Home.xml, goto line 221, and change

<label>342</label> to <label>31013</label>

restart xbmc and you'll get FILMS back.