Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- hotlobster - 2009-08-25

Thanks for the fix..

Hello All! - RadDoc - 2009-08-25

Hey guys! I would first like to say wonderful job. This skin is amazing and its only because of people like you that make this thing beautiful and easy to use for newbies like myself. I had some questions and was wondering if Andy or anyone of you gurus can answer.

1) I seemed to have lost the menu that slides out to select the view, style, shade, info... even when i press left it does not pop out. I have read about 50 pages of this thread and it seems like a build issue. (Actually, somehow it just came back after messing with it for a day or two. Do you guys know why it disappeared? Could it be because of the build?)

2) Before the left menu part disappeared in question 1, I had movie trailers pop up in the info part of the above the coverflow without having any movie trailers stored on my mac mini. It would tell me to press down to start the movie trailer. Did they scrape them from imdb? I seem to have lost them and was wondering how I maybe able to get them back again as part of the coverflow without pressing "i". Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys and I hope to contribute as much as everyone else at some point.

RadDoc Big Grin

- Peligrozo - 2009-08-26

So I'm a beginner with this stuff, but I have installed XBMC, Aeon Auriga and this package and I've finally got things running pretty well. However, I'd like to change the menus but when I'm trying to do so I'm getting an error message saying "Can not find favourites.xml". Any ideas what's wrong?

I also sent a message to azida asking about a couple of things layout wise (my "info" screen doesn't seem to be popping up when I use multiplex for instance). However, I also have a couple of other questions - can I somehow make it list TV episodes by episode number? Right now it looks like they're all random.

Finally, when I go into Movies or TV-Shows in the menu, can I change the "back" button so that it brings me back to the main menu instead of the "genres, titles etc." screen?

I've been updating Auriga and this mod package using github but it still feels like I might not be running the latest version :/

- azido - 2009-08-26

RadDoc Wrote:1) I seemed to have lost the menu that slides out to select the view, style, shade, info... even when i press left it does not pop out. I have read about 50 pages of this thread and it seems like a build issue. (Actually, somehow it just came back after messing with it for a day or two. Do you guys know why it disappeared? Could it be because of the build?)

we still have an issue regarding random dissapearing stuff. most of the time a simple quit + restart of xbmc will bring them back. if something (like the vertical menu you've mentioned) resists from coming back, you should go to settings->customise->purge and delete all your skin settings.

Quote:2) Before the left menu part disappeared in question 1, I had movie trailers pop up in the info part of the above the coverflow without having any movie trailers stored on my mac mini. It would tell me to press down to start the movie trailer. Did they scrape them from imdb? I seem to have lost them and was wondering how I maybe able to get them back again as part of the coverflow without pressing "i". Any suggestions?
there are 2 ways of getting trailers:
1. scrape info for a movie or use 3rd-party software to gather movie information which both might put a trailer url in your movie.nfo. not that not every movie info will contain a vailid trailer url.
2. search for a trailer and save it locally like moviename-trailer.extension

both methods require you to reload movie info afterwards.

Peligrozo Wrote:So I'm a beginner with this stuff, but I have installed XBMC, Aeon Auriga and this package and I've finally got things running pretty well. However, I'd like to change the menus but when I'm trying to do so I'm getting an error message saying "Can not find favourites.xml". Any ideas what's wrong?

as i told you in pm, get rid of aeon auriga. you don't need it. just use a recent xbmc version and showmix.
the message above is an indication of the fact that you did not add anything to your favorites. you have to do that first before you can deal with them, as you can only add stuff to your menus that comes from favorites.

Peligrozo Wrote:However, I also have one other question - can I somehow make it list TV episodes by episode number? Right now it looks quite random.

open up the vertical menu and set "sort by" to "episode".

i feel like it's time to continue with the wiki - but right now my time is really short for doing that.

- azido - 2009-08-26

Peligrozo Wrote:I've been updating Auriga and this mod package using github but it still feels like I might not be running the latest version :/

you're simply not doing what i told you.

- Peligrozo - 2009-08-26

azido Wrote:you're simply not doing what i told you.
Thanks for your replies, sorry - I hadn't noticed the PM at the time I edited my post, will give it a go now Smile

- RadDoc - 2009-08-26

Thanks azido! Quick question... I'm able to access the trailers by pressing "i" and then clicking "trailer." I, however, I was able to get the trailer to pop up without pressing "i"... it was just part of the main coverflow page. Any ideas on how I can getting that again?

Also do you know where I can download the latest Showtime? I did the github thing using Auriga as well and I am under the impression that I just need to ditch Auirga and stick with showtime. Thanks

- azido - 2009-08-26

RadDoc Wrote:Thanks azido! Quick question... I'm able to access the trailers by pressing "i" and then clicking "trailer." I, however, I was able to get the trailer to pop up without pressing "i"... it was just part of the main coverflow page. Any ideas on how I can getting that again?

Also do you know where I can download the latest Showtime? I did the github thing using Auriga as well and I am under the impression that I just need to ditch Auirga and stick with showtime. Thanks

it depends on the view you are using. not all multiplex views have trailer "onboard". you might also use the wrong view at all as you tell something about "coverflow view".

by the way: it's showmix, not showtime Wink

git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git will get you a fresh copy of the latest showmix.

- Peligrozo - 2009-08-26

Hmm, my next problem is about the different poster and thumbnail files. I have downloaded some images and put them in their respective folders, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Example:

Series
-True Blood
--poster.jpg
--season01.tbn
--season02.tbn
--season-all.tbn
---Season 1
---Season 2

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I have managed to set them manually by refreshing them and browsing to the poster.jpg manually. The season ones work too, but not the "season all" pictures, so any advice on that would be appreciated. Also, what should the tree look like if you have a movie that's divided into 2 files?

- RadDoc - 2009-08-26

azido Wrote:it depends on the view you are using. not all multiplex views have trailer "onboard". you might also use the wrong view at all as you tell something about "coverflow view".

by the way: it's showmix, not showtime Wink

git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git will get you a fresh copy of the latest showmix.

Yup sorry about that Showmix. Do you know what view and style i need to to get the trailer "on board". Thanks azido

- onebyside - 2009-08-26

Peligrozo Wrote:Hmm, my next problem is about the different poster and thumbnail files. I have downloaded some images and put them in their respective folders, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Example:

Series
-True Blood
--poster.jpg
--season01.tbn
--season02.tbn
--season-all.tbn
---Season 1
---Season 2

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I have managed to set them manually by refreshing them and browsing to the poster.jpg manually. The season ones work too, but not the "season all" pictures, so any advice on that would be appreciated. Also, what should the tree look like if you have a movie that's divided into 2 files?

get rid of that jpg poster

stick to .tbn and xmbc will auto recognize the poster so you don't have to manually select

- Peligrozo - 2009-08-27

onebyside Wrote:get rid of that jpg poster

stick to .tbn and XBMC will auto recognize the poster so you don't have to manually select
Thanks. Can I simply change the file extension from jpg to tbn, and what are the different file names that works? Am I right that it should look like this:

TV-shows:
poster.tbn
seasonxx.tbn
season-all.tbn (although it didn't seem to work for me?)

Movies:
movie.tbn
fanart.jpg
-extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg
-extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg

Also, what's the rule for movies consisting of two parts?

I tried the following:
moviename-CD1.avi
moviename-CD2.avi
moviename.tbn
moviename-fanart.jpg
-extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg
-extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg

But it's not working, specifically the extrathumbs aren't showing up.

- azido - 2009-08-27

RadDoc Wrote:Yup sorry about that Showmix. Do you know what view and style i need to to get the trailer "on board". Thanks azido

you want to use the multiplex view. you know, the one with the "i".

- azido - 2009-08-27

Peligrozo Wrote:Thanks. Can I simply change the file extension from jpg to tbn, and what are the different file names that works? Am I right that it should look like this:

TV-shows:
poster.tbn
seasonxx.tbn
season-all.tbn (although it didn't seem to work for me?)

Movies:
movie.tbn
fanart.jpg
-extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg
-extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg

Also, what's the rule for movies consisting of two parts?

I tried the following:
moviename-CD1.avi
moviename-CD2.avi
moviename.tbn
moviename-fanart.jpg
-extrathumbs/thumb1.jpg
-extrathumbs/thumb2.jpg

But it's not working, specifically the extrathumbs aren't showing up.

1. you don't need poster.anyextensionyoucouldimagine at tv show level at all. rename it. unlike in movies, you need folder.jpg here. seasonxx.tbn and season-all.tbn will be used when you have more than one season at "season selection" level. (note to myself: tell andy to be more consistent here - either use folder.jpg for movies and tv shows or use poster.jpg for movies and tv shows)

2. hopefully you named the dir "extrathumbs" and not "-extrathumbs".

3. for an instruction how to successfully use extrathumbs with stacked (multi-part) movies, read the 1st post in this thread carefully. the only difference to the actual version is: instead of a category named "tweaks" you need to go to customise->advanced->showmix to find and set your "movie folder location".

4. i have a certain feeling you need to get familiar to xbmc in general before you try to use hacks.. Rolleyes

- Batemann - 2009-08-27

Hello all,

I've been out of the game for a while. Installed a new XBMC last weekend.

I'm having a few issues with Showmix. And before I add a bug to assembla, I wanted to try here.
A few things for the record: I have not read this enitry thread. When I was an active user I ended reading at page 60 or so. Since then, This thread has gotten too big to be of any use if you're not here all the time. ;-)
I have purged/deleted ALL my settings several times.
I am using the SVN from last tuesday.

My errors:

1: In all views. The Alphabet thingie that should pop up when you are scrolling really fast, is ON ALL the time. It's always there. This is not normal is it?
2: I'm having random hangups. Well not really hangups: things stop working. For example, when I go to the customize screen, It opens, but I can't browse anywere, except back. Sometimes the screen for custom submenu's opens and then stops working.

3: My custom made submenus don't work. But when I browse to the location of my custom made link the share or script works. When I use the submenu: nothing.

4: The library totals are working, except for the unwatched number. IT's empty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.