Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- flikfoto - 2009-08-28

azido Wrote:don't know about your issues with mkv files though, i have all kinds of them 720p/1080p/1-4 audio lines/mp3/ac3/dts/0-4 subtitles running really smooth in showmix..

Do you have any of your MKVs with TRUEHD audio in them? If so what is the best way to get them into the MKV?

Secondly, is there a key command to switch between audio tracks while in the XBMC player?

- azido - 2009-08-29

flikfoto Wrote:Where is the best place to download the most current SVN
?

the internet.

did you ever take a look into the wiki? it's there for a reason.

flikfoto Wrote:Do you have any of your MKVs with TRUEHD audio in them? If so what is the best way to get them into the MKV?

Secondly, is there a key command to switch between audio tracks while in the XBMC player?

these questions are far beyond the topic of this thread.

short answers: a) no, b) i don't know, c) not unlike you specify one.
long answer for c): you can change the language in the video osd.

- jayhawk785 - 2009-08-29

azido Wrote:these are things we all suffer from (except for the unwatched counter - it should work). thing is, either some mods brought together cause issues, the code is corrupted somewhere or the skin simply became too big now (over 50000 lines of code) we don't know yet.

one thing i noticed: all the issues you've mentioned are gone after a restart. so unless someone finds out what's going on the best way to fix is to restart xbmc whenever they occur.

i know, i don't like that either.

Is this exclusive to this skin right now? I've been plagued by this a bit more than usual it seems. Any particular build where you see it more or less?

- Peligrozo - 2009-08-29

Yeah I'm also having problems with that. Also, possible bug report - I have tried to disable the watched/unwatched feature in the settings but it still seems to be enabled...

- azido - 2009-08-30

jayhawk785 Wrote:Is this exclusive to this skin right now? I've been plagued by this a bit more than usual it seems. Any particular build where you see it more or less?

major rewrites occured the last days, heavily testing done on it also. i was able to reproduce the missing "unwatched" movies and tv show and tracked it down to the extras that are incomplete on git right now.

seems we've reached a level we can live with on the upcoming release 1.70 andy should commit to github as soon as he wakes up today.

note there were lot of changes. settings moved from their usual appearance, so it may be irritating on the initial startup. bit it's really worth the change, trust me.

also we got rid of the showcase view, which helped us a lot in removing issues. as we already have a "showcase alike" view in our multiplex view, it can be "simulated" by using multiplex view with info triggered to off - just with kinda smaller thumbs.

in fact, i've tested this build excessively and was able to jump around in the skin and the settings forth and back without having any more missing thumbs or flags appearing where they shouldn't. also no more "always on top" letters which should be only there on fast scrolling. i guess these are some really good news.

the only thing still not be fixable is: if you were in movie lib/tv lib/music lib before you try to add a favorite to the menus, it will fail. not a big thing though.. as you won't add favs several times a day, it will not harm you to close xbmc and start it again before you go to customise menu's and add your favorite.

thing with xbmc is: the more (unsupported) features and conditions a skin has, the more likely it will have issues after they all got loaded. we can't do anything here unless there is a feature that enables us to "flush" conditions that are no longer needed. a simple skin.reload does not help here.

final statement: i think version 1.70 is the most stable version of showmix we'll have.

- logictester - 2009-08-30

i was out for a vacation - guess i missed many things that were done, hope to have this git asap to check out all those new features... was really suprized that there was no updates yet - guess you guys did some serious work on this thing Smile, am back now...

- azido - 2009-08-30

logictester Wrote:i was out for a vacation - guess i missed many things that were done, hope to have this git asap to check out all those new features... was really suprized that there was no updates yet - guess you guys did some serious work on this thing Smile, am back now...

good to see you're back - missed your comments Tongue

Smile so 1.70 on the way?

- Frozone - 2009-08-30

Just upgraded to 1.62 and I am disappointed. My View I have always used isn´t anymore. By Movies not so big problem but in TVShows is really shit now. Is there any way to go back to 1.57 (was stable here).
Edit: And the Infoscreen isn´t coming automatic? and can´t find where I can set it to trigger or automatic. Was there before, but now can´t find this option?
And the Letter for showing where I am in my moviecollection is directly in the center of the thumb. --> not good. But maybe this getting better with 1.70

Edit2: After some reboots and trying, I got almost the same as before. So good for now. Sorry... But can´t say why it is working no, because have same settings as some minutes before. --> waiting for a bugles 1.70 Wink

- azido - 2009-08-30

logictester Wrote:Smile so 1.70 on the way?

andy is fixing the last "includes errors" that are there. forced them all down to be just 2 left Wink

Frozone Wrote:Edit2: After some reboots and trying, I got almost the same as before. So good for now.

i'm sorry to see your worries.

here is an advanced tip that will remove all (well, most of) the trouble:

- purge settings
- open up your guisettings.xml. go down to the <skinsettings>. if you named your skin dir for example "Showmix" you will see lots of entries like

<setting type="bool" name="Showmix.somesetting">setting</setting>

and

<setting type="string" name="ShowMix.somename">setting</setting>

remove all instances of them so Showmix does not appear in <skinsettings> anymore. save and close the file, then restart xbmc and set up your skin again - it will be virgin.

if you do this before starting up the upcoming version 1.70 (best bet is to clone a fresh copy then) i can guarantee you will get a good working version.

- klepto - 2009-08-30

klepto Wrote:thanks for all the hard work on the mod

one question, is there anyway to turn off the letter that shows up while scrolling through the movies/tv shows? I find it unnecessary. Thanks

anyone?

- Batemann - 2009-08-30

klepto Wrote:.

anyone?

One of the more persistent problems Showmix is having lately. Everybody is suffering from this at the moment, and Andy is fixing it right now.

@Batemann Dude you in Amsterdam? Damn!!!

- Batemann - 2009-08-30

logictester Wrote:@Batemann Dude you in Amsterdam? Damn!!!

HUh? What's so "Damn" about that? Laugh

it's damn good Smile me want amsterdam too