Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- andyblac - 2009-08-31

klepto Wrote:I just upgraded to 1.70, is anyone else getting this white line that runs inbetween the fanart and the floor?

It kind of irks me since the two don't blend as well now

looks like your missing an element of the floor, did you do a fresh git pull ?

- CF2009 - 2009-08-31

andyblac Wrote:thanks for spotting Smile, fix now on git:

VER: 1.71 (GIT-205): FIXED fanart issues, changed how scripts load, now only load on a library update or on first start. Removed the ASSISTANT menu option.
you know that stops the Widgets from updating unto reset...Sad

Edit: If you use suspend and not shutdown the scripts will only update on library update. so that would make most of the widget if not all useless other then RecentlyAdded..

- azido - 2009-08-31

Jeseuss Wrote:I think I love you.

quote from my wife: "HE'S MINE, STUPID!" Laugh

- azido - 2009-08-31

andyblac Wrote:looks like your missing an element of the floor, did you do a fresh git pull ?

looks like he has the same "issue" like me: having a screen size that is not really 16:9 - mine is 1360x768 and i have the same white line. but i always had.

nothing that worse for me.

VER 1.71 - View: Wall, Grid: Max, Overlay: On - mamayomyom - 2009-08-31

Hi there,

Thank you very much for this aeon skin mod. After updating to the latest 1.71 'n deleting all the (showmix) settings in guisettings.xml. Something is still not right in VIEW: Wall with GRID: Max

Further more, in this wall view, "overlay" still does not work. Huh

- logictester - 2009-08-31

anyone else having issues adding new custom menus in 1.71?

- Peligrozo - 2009-08-31

andyblac Wrote:thanks for spotting Smile, fix now on git:

VER: 1.71 (GIT-205): FIXED fanart issues, changed how scripts load, now only load on a library update or on first start. Removed the ASSISTANT menu option.
Thanks, that bit seems to be working fine now. However, I've unfortunately noticed a few other minor problems:
  • If you now change to Full Screen multiplex in tv show view, the "fanart" picture that normally appears in the info screen that automatically shows up disappears. If I disable full screen, the picture is there again. This only seems to be happening on episode level.

• Another thing, I'm not using the posters on the series (I'm using the small fanart banners) - and on seasons that doesn't have a thumbnail it used to collect a poster automatically. It still does, but it's now stretching the poster pictures to the width of the fanart pictures which it didn't do previously.

• When pressing the "up" button on the home view with "TV Shows" selected (to bring up the 5 recently added options), the backdrop disappears.

• Also, not really a problem for me, just a question: when browsing episodes, was the main title (the one in the upper left corner with big capital letters) always the series title? I thought it used to be the episode title (although I know they appear in the middle on the bottom) - don't really know which I prefer either way, so not a biggie for me.

• And last (for now), probably not a skin specific question, but I've added some keymaps - for instance shortcuts directly to movies / tv shows etc, using xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,movietitles). However, this only brings up the "list" view of movies. Is it possible to make a shortcut to bring up my configured multiplex view of the movies and tvshows instead?

- azido - 2009-08-31

Peligrozo Wrote:Thanks, that bit seems to be working fine now. However, I've unfortunately noticed a few other minor problems:
  • Also, not really a problem for me, just a question: when browsing episodes, was the main title (the one in the upper left corner with big capital letters) always the series title? I thought it used to be the episode title (although I know they appear in the middle on the bottom) - don't really know which I prefer either way, so not a biggie for me.
  • And last (for now), probably not a skin specific question, but I've added some keymaps - for instance shortcuts directly to movies / tv shows etc, using xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,movietitles). However, this only brings up the "list" view of movies. Is it possible to make a shortcut to bring up my configured multiplex view of the movies and tvshows instead?

i did not upgrade to 1.71 yet, so i can only answer the last 2 ones:
yes, it was always the show title. andy just added SEASON NO. to it.

for the keymaps: unfortunately, AEON itself was never designed to make use of direct "jumps" to movie/series/albums lib etc.. the nature of this skin prevents this from working, since you have to put certain includes in home.xml for the views to work like they should. so you have to go to home screen first before you go to any lib view. this is of course the same case for showmix (and other aeon mods, too).

edit: ok, i upgraded too.

Quote:When pressing the "up" button on the home view with "TV Shows" selected (to bring up the 5 recently added options), the backdrop disappears.
recent tv-shows is working fine here?
Quote:If you now change to Full Screen multiplex in tv show view, the "fanart" picture that normally appears in the info screen that automatically shows up disappears. If I disable full screen, the picture is there again. This only seems to be happening on episode level.

you mean the episode thumb? working fine here:

Quote:Another thing, I'm not using the posters on the series (I'm using the small fanart banners) - and on seasons that doesn't have a thumbnail it used to collect a poster automatically. It still does, but it's now stretching the poster pictures to the width of the fanart pictures which it didn't do previously.
cannot say anything to that one, because i never use banners.

- azido - 2009-08-31

logictester Wrote:anyone else having issues adding new custom menus in 1.71?

where did you want to add one and what was the issue?

note the total amount of available menu items has changed, and if i understand right, you cannot add one to extras sub menu anymore.

also (as posted before) take note that when you finished collecting/creating your favorites or your smart playlist and you've browsed them to see if they work as suspected (meaning you were in any lib view), close xbmc and restart before you try to add them to custom menus.

we still reach a limit when browsing libs and use our custom menu editor together (too much conditions at the same time loaded) - we simply cannot fix that.

- Peligrozo - 2009-08-31

Thanks for your answers azido, looks like something weird must be going on then at my place - I purged all settings and cleared the gui file from all showmix entries prior to the 1.70 upgrade but I didn't before 1.71. Will try to redo it again Smile

Peligrozo Wrote:Thanks, that bit seems to be working fine now. However, I've unfortunately noticed a few other minor problems:
  • When pressing the "up" button on the home view with "TV Shows" selected (to bring up the 5 recently added options), the backdrop disappears.

i actually have to put fanart.jpg in each episode folder to get the fanarts in the recently added - tv shows only - movies work fine - well there is a fanart.jpg in every movie folder anyway...

- Peligrozo - 2009-08-31

I've reinstalled again and purged settings + removed all aeon info from the gui xml file and I'm still having all the same issues that I had in my last post. Any ideas what else I can try?

EDIT: Also, my movie fanart pictures aren't working either in the multiplex view (the background is all black). However, it shouldn't be a problem with the fanarts as it used to work and I haven't changed anything in the library. Also the movie fanarts show up correctly when browsing through them in the "recently added" list, just not on the "Movies" menu.

Peligrozo Wrote:I've reinstalled again and purged settings + removed all aeon info from the gui xml file and I'm still having all the same issues that I had in my last post. Any ideas what else I can try?

for the fanart in tv latest addons issue look at the post above

- Peligrozo - 2009-08-31

logictester Wrote:for the fanart in tv latest addons issue look at the post above
Yeah, but I didn't have to have a fanart picture for each episode in the past. I believe it used to use the main backdrop for each show.

Peligrozo Wrote:Yeah, but I didn't have to have a fanart picture for each episode in the past. I believe it used to use the main backdrop for each show.

sorry to tell - never worked for me, since the first version of the customized home... only started working with ver 1.62 and fanart.jpg in each episode folder