Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-08-31

logictester Wrote:sorry to tell - never worked for me, since the first version of the customized home... only started working with ver 1.62 and fanart.jpg in each episode folder

you have a folder for each episode? Wink

- logictester - 2009-08-31

azido Wrote:you have a folder for each episode? Wink

lol - yes... well - if you - like me - have a folder for each episode you need to drop fanart.jpg in each folder... Rofl

- azido - 2009-08-31

logictester Wrote:lol - yes... well - if you - like me - have a folder for each episode you need to drop fanart.jpg in each folder... Rofl

maybe you should also put an extra dir for every song of an album Wink

- klepto - 2009-09-01

andyblac Wrote:looks like your missing an element of the floor, did you do a fresh git pull ?
yup, grabbed the .zip from the your git page, still getting the issue. any other ideas? Oo

- logictester - 2009-09-01

azido Wrote:maybe you should also put an extra dir for every song of an album Wink

well, since i have a subtitle for every episode along side with the nfo files i prefer to have each episode in it's own folder - makes it easier to manage...

- patkhoo - 2009-09-01

azido Wrote:note: the best way to ensure you get what you expect is to do a fresh clone:

git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/andyblac/aeon.git ShowMix

Well, Happy to inform that you can check out the Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched updater script. The latest changes are:
* Added XBMCUpdate support for Windows users
* Made Changes to better support MacOS X 10.5 and 10.6 users
* Fixed path bugs on Linux version

The script does a git clone (exactly like above) if you don't already have Aeon Showmix. If you want to re-clone instead of a git update, simply delete the "ASMGIT" folder and run the script again. So far, I have been updating myself since Showmix GIT 0.5x, and have never had any problems with Git or the Git update process.

Anyway, for those who are interested, give it a try. See here.

- patkhoo - 2009-09-01

logictester Wrote:well, since i have a subtitle for every episode along side with the nfo files i prefer to have each episode in it's own folder - makes it easier to manage...

So, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the structure you use for TV shows then?

TV Shows > The Big Bang Theory > Season 1 > Episode 1

with a .nfo/fanart.jpg/.srt in each episode folder? How about backdrops/nfo in "Season 1" and "The Big Bang Theory"?

That said, what do you do for Music then?

Music > Michael Jackson - The Collection > CD 1 > Say, Say, Say ??

I'm just waiting for Ember Media Manager to handle TV Shows..

- themugger - 2009-09-01

sorry dont like to bump but i thibk this got missed with the excellent 1.71 release... any ideas anyone?

themugger Wrote:Hi There, is there any way to add another option to the shutdown menu or change its behaviour slightly so that i have the following two options

1./ Exit XBMC
2./ Shut Down Windows

Thanks

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-01

I have tried to (yet again) do a full uninstall and reinstall and I'm still seeing these 4 issues in 1.71 and I didn't see them in 1.60. This time I fully uninstalled XBMC, reinstalled it and downloaded the latest svn and pulled the 1.71 showmix git with --depth 1 from github. I had completely deleted all settings folders and libraries, so I rebuilt the libraries and everything in 1.71 to make sure that it was completely clean.

The weird thing is that both point 1 and 4 are partly working. As mentioned, the fanart on episode level only disappears if I enable "Full Screen" and on movies the fanart works on the home screen but not on the movie screen.
  • If you now change to Full Screen multiplex in tv show view, the "fanart" picture that normally appears in the info screen that automatically shows up disappears. If I disable full screen, the picture is there again. This only seems to be happening on episode level.

• Another thing, I'm not using the posters on the series (I'm using the wide fanart images) - and on seasons that doesn't have a thumbnail it used to collect a poster automatically. It still does, but it's now stretching the poster pictures to the width of the fanart pictures which it didn't do previously.

• When pressing the "up" button on the home view with "TV Shows" selected (to bring up the 5 recently added options), the backdrop disappears (reverts to the default blueish one).

• The movie fanart backdrops aren't working at all when browsing the movies - it's just showing black backgrounds. However, the weird thing here is that they work properly when browsing the 5 recently added movies on the home screen.

It's possible it's a certain combo of settings that causes these problems, but I'm using the exact same settings that I used in 1.60 (which conveniently is pretty much exactly the same as the ones in the screenshots on the wiki). Anything I can do to find the problem? Would screenshots help at all? Should I list my settings?

EDIT: Btw, it might be useful to know that I'm not using custom fanarts/nfo's for the tv shows, my folders don't have those files apart from the folder.jpg and the seasonxx.tbn files in the root folder for each show. The fanart it's using for the tv shows is the one that's pulled automatically when scanning (again though, this was working in 1.60 and is working partly in 1.71). For movies I'm using fanart.jpg, movie.tbn, movie.nfo and extrathumbs\thumbxx.jpg.

- hotlobster - 2009-09-01

Hi

Would it be possible to integreate natively in your mod the attached mod below:

http://vdr.gekrumbel.de/mirror/xbmc/aeon-pvr/auriga-pvr.tar.gz

It adds pvr backend fonctionality in Aeon stark. Each time i try to mix mods together, i have problem.

screenshots here:

Best regards.

- logictester - 2009-09-01

patkhoo Wrote:So, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the structure you use for TV shows then?

TV Shows > The Big Bang Theory > Season 1 > Episode 1

with a .nfo/fanart.jpg/.srt in each episode folder? How about backdrops/nfo in "Season 1" and "The Big Bang Theory"?

That said, what do you do for Music then?

Music > Michael Jackson - The Collection > CD 1 > Say, Say, Say ??

I'm just waiting for Ember Media Manager to handle TV Shows..

my structure:

TV Shows ->
folder.jpg
Weeds ->
fanart.jpg, tvshow.nfo, folder.jpg, season05.png
Season 5 ->
folder.jpg
Episode 1 ->
weeds.s05e01.mkv, weeds.s05e01.srt, weeds.s05e01.nfo, fanart.jpg

my music is not fully configured, i only have few scrapable music albums the rest are unscrapable psy music. the once that are scraped are structured like this:

Music ->
folder.jpg
Pink Floyd ->
fanart.jpg, folder.jpg, artist.nfo
Dark Side of the Moon ->
folder.jpg, album.nfo

i'm like you waiting for EMM to start doing tv, in the mean time i'm doing it manually by copying older nfo and editing it using thetvdb site No

Showstopper problems with 1.71 - glindsey - 2009-09-02

I just upgraded to v1.71 -- totally clean installation -- and I'm seeing definite problems as well:
  • Aforementioned horizontal line in multiplex view between backdrop and floor. Not really a big problem, but I should note it definitely wasn't visible in 1.6x.
  • After some time -- I can't figure out when -- pressing Up or Left to bring up the menu simply stops working. Restarting XBMC does not fix the issue; there's literally no way to get it back!
  • Removing the old Showcase view got rid of the only way to scroll through poster-sized season thumbnails; the only alternatives now are wall, list, or multiplex with really squished thumbnails.
  • At one point I suddenly lost half the menu options in the Advanced config menu; restarting XBMC got them back.

What would the git command be to do a pre-1.70 checkout? I stupidly deleted my old copy before installing this new one.

- patkhoo - 2009-09-02

logictester Wrote:my structure:

TV Shows ->
folder.jpg
Weeds ->
fanart.jpg, tvshow.nfo, folder.jpg, season05.png
Season 5 ->
folder.jpg
Episode 1 ->
weeds.s05e01.mkv, weeds.s05e01.srt, weeds.s05e01.nfo, fanart.jpg

my music is not fully configured, i only have few scrapable music albums the rest are unscrapable psy music. the once that are scraped are structured like this:

Music ->
folder.jpg
Pink Floyd ->
fanart.jpg, folder.jpg, artist.nfo
Dark Side of the Moon ->
folder.jpg, album.nfo

i'm like you waiting for EMM to start doing tv, in the mean time i'm doing it manually by copying older nfo and editing it using thetvdb site No

Thanks for sharing man.. Wow, I think at this rate, without EMM or such, to do it right, it's gonna have to be a manual setup.. Shocked

Just curious, for an individual TV episode, instead of fanart.jpg, how about the other stuffs, folder.jpg, <episode>.tbn, ... ?

Also, in "Weeds", what's up with "season05.png" ? Shouldn't it be "Season 5.png" (I didn't know XBMC supports png for this sort of thing?) or shouldn't it actually be the folder.jpg inside the Season 5 folder?

And finally, I have a whole lot of non-album individual VA tracks, VA-albums etc like yourself.. at this rate, I think we're going to have to petition EMM to add music to their roadmap after TV.. Sad

Thanks for the tips.. Big Grin

- klepto - 2009-09-02

Peligrozo Wrote:[*]The movie fanart backdrops aren't working at all when browsing the movies - it's just showing black backgrounds. However, the weird thing here is that they work properly when browsing the 5 recently added movies on the home screen.

[/LIST]
im getting this as well

- logictester - 2009-09-02

patkhoo Wrote:Thanks for sharing man.. Wow, I think at this rate, without EMM or such, to do it right, it's gonna have to be a manual setup.. Shocked

Just curious, for an individual TV episode, instead of fanart.jpg, how about the other stuffs, folder.jpg, <episode>.tbn, ... ?

Also, in "Weeds", what's up with "season05.png" ? Shouldn't it be "Season 5.png" (I didn't know XBMC supports png for this sort of thing?) or shouldn't it actually be the folder.jpg inside the Season 5 folder?

And finally, I have a whole lot of non-album individual VA tracks, VA-albums etc like yourself.. at this rate, I think we're going to have to petition EMM to add music to their roadmap after TV.. Sad

Thanks for the tips.. Big Grin

In the episodes only fanart.jpg worked for me, no other image gave me the fanart on the latest added, folder.jpg won't give you fanart as it is only a folder image and episode.tbn is the episode image - screenshot.
XBMC uses seasonXX.tbn in the tv show folder for the season images, you can use folder.jpg but you will have to manually select it from the context menu. the one file i forgot is season05.nfo in the Weeds folder as well.
i really can't wait for EMM to start dong TV. i know they are planning on musiic management as well but after tv so it will take some time, you can try MIP in the mean time, it's doing music - but it's not as good as i want it.