Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-02

To update on my problems, I still have the four issues mentioned above and I'm pretty sure that anyone with a clean install *should* have them, at least if they have the same settings as me. I've now also tried to simply replace home.xml with the home.xml file from 1.62 to see if that would resolve my "recently added" backdrop problems with tv shows mentioned above, and it did.

After testing around a bit I found the differences and if anyone else is having issues with that I changed
Code:
<visible>![control.HasFocus(8001)+[Container(300).HasFocus(6) | Container(300).HasFocus(7)]]</visible>
on line 30 to
Code:
<visible>![control.HasFocus(8001)+Container(300).HasFocus(6)]</visible>
and then changed the five entries for the "recent" additions on line 43, 50, 57, 64 & 71 by replacing
Code:
special://skin/media/backdrops/default_tvshows/default.png
with
Code:
backdrops\default_tvshows\default.png

Please note though that I really don't know what I'm doing - I'm sure andy had a reason to make the change in the first place, and I trust in his work a lot more than in my own troubleshooting, but for now that's one problem down and 3 to go for me Smile

EDIT:

Regarding the issue with the movie backdrops not working at all (which klepto also seems to be seeing), I'm a bit confused. I have two computers and have upgraded both to the same version. However, it's working on one computer but not on the other one and I believe they are using the same settings - the only difference I can think of is that the one it doesn't work on is using Windows 7 and the userdata folder is located in the XBMC main folder (it used to work on this computer in 1.62 though). The computer it's working on is a Windows Vista machine with the userdata folder in the "User" folder. Again though, even on the computer it isn't working on, the backdrops are working when browsing through the 5 recently added movies in the "home" menu, they're just not showing up in the "Movies" menu.

EDIT 2:

About the issue with the tv show fanart not showing in full screen but working in non-full screen, I'm having that problem on both of my computers. I uploaded screenshots here (first screenshot shows "full screen" enabled but fanart mot working, the second screenshot shows "full screen" disabled with fanart working):

EDIT 3:

While I'm at it, I'll also add a couple of screenshots of the fourth issue I'm seeing, even though it's a minor one and I'm not sure which one I prefer. But here are a couple of screenshots showing that the season thumbnails for seasons that are using automatically fetched posters are being stretched (first screenshot is 1.71 with streched posters and the second screenshot is 1.62):

- andyblac - 2009-09-02

@ Peligrozo

hi, i'l try to answer your questions.

1) i did this so can have fanart for the recent added TVSHOWS. for this to work all you need to do is have a file called "fanart.jpg" in your folder witch the episodes reside (usually seeason??). BEFORE you add the season to your library. if there is no fanart.jpg in your season?? folder, it will fall back to the default tvshow image.

2) this is an error, i dod notice it because i use season fanart, (if you have a fanart.jpg file for above), this will also get used in the info window aswel, so you can have different fanart for each season. i have fixed this error for the next update (another major rewirte Smile to finally get rid for the need for the menus to enter TVSHOW or MOVIES etc, so you can assign HOTKEY's to enter your library's). to fix this untill i release the next update do the following:

open Viewtype_Multiplex_Info.xml and find the following
PHP Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(multiplextvbigthumb) + Container.Content(episodes) + Skin.HasSetting(tvposterview)</visible

and replace it with:
PHP Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(multiplextvbigthumb) + Container.Content(episodes)</visible

3) this was done to save code, i will do some more tests to see if i can add it back without it bringing back the errors. but for now it stays as it is. if you prefer posters then is would suggest using TV POSTER VIEW.

hope this helps

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-03

Thanks for your answers, that's some great news. I was going to request that the recently added would show different fanarts for each show, so that's great Smile However, for me it was reverting to the default backdrop (aka the one that came with aeon, the blueish gradient one) even though I had set a backdrop for the TV shows menu - I'm not sure if that's intended or not, but thought I'd mention it just in case. Also, aren't some fanarts getting fetched automatically by XBMC when you add the series to the library? Would it be possible to use those images if there weren't any fanart.jpg's in the season folders? I'll personally go get fanarts for all my seasons now, but I was just thinking that it might have been neat if it worked that way.

Thanks for the explanation on the code saving as well - in fact, I'm using fanart thumbs for all my tv shows apart from Buffy, so it really isn't a biggie for me - I'll probably just browse around for some fanarts or make some own ones for the buffy seasons Smile

So the only problem remaining now is the one about the movie backdrops. Do you have any idea why I (and klepto) aren't seeing the movie fanart backdrops at all? As mentioned, I have two computers set up with the same version and same settings and it works on one computer but not on my HTPC. I was wondering if it could be because the HTPC runs Windows 7 and the userdata folder is in the XBMC folder while the computer where it's working is a Vista machine and the userdata is in the appdata folder. Has any paths changed or something like that? The interesting thing about it is that the fanarts are working on the home menu when browsing through the "recently added" movies, but when entering movies the background is all black for all movies.

Thanks again for your help and for the awesome mod Smile

- ekim232 - 2009-09-03

I got just a quick question for ya...

I was looking to make some of my own colors for the pop ups in coverflow and multiplex, but I don't see where you have seperate texture files for each color scheme. Do you just add a color fade to one image? If not where are they each stored in the media folder?

- andyblac - 2009-09-03

ekim232 Wrote:I got just a quick question for ya...

I was looking to make some of my own colors for the pop ups in coverflow and multiplex, but I don't see where you have seperate texture files for each color scheme. Do you just add a color fade to one image? If not where are they each stored in the media folder?

the info popup's are built inside XBMC, so all you need to do is make new background textures for the windows. they are located here:

Code:
media\multiplex\lite\multiplex_fullscreen_black.png
media\multiplex\lite\multiplex_fullscreen_green.png
media\multiplex\lite\multiplex_fullscreen_grey.png
media\multiplex\lite\multiplex_window_black.png
media\multiplex\lite\multiplex_window_green.png
media\multiplex\lite\multiplex_window_grey.png
media\multiplex\night\multiplex_fullscreen_black.png
media\multiplex\night\multiplex_fullscreen_green.png
media\multiplex\night\multiplex_fullscreen_grey.png
media\multiplex\night\multiplex_window_black.png
media\multiplex\night\multiplex_window_green.png
media\multiplex\night\multiplex_window_grey.png

i dont how to use textures.xpr so if some could explain it to me i'll see if i can make the switch Smile

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-03

Sorry, don't want to be a pain - just wanted to make sure that you had seen this:
Peligrozo Wrote:So the only problem remaining now is the one about the movie backdrops. Do you have any idea why I (and klepto) aren't seeing the movie fanart backdrops at all? As mentioned, I have two computers set up with the same version and same settings and it works on one computer but not on my HTPC. I was wondering if it could be because the HTPC runs Windows 7 and the userdata folder is in the XBMC folder while the computer where it's working is a Vista machine and the userdata is in the appdata folder. Has any paths changed or something like that? The interesting thing about it is that the fanarts are working on the home menu when browsing through the "recently added" movies, but when entering movies the background is all black for all movies.

- 1981suede - 2009-09-03

Hi there,

This mod is awesome, thanks to everyone involved.

Quick question which i can't seem to find an aswer for. Is there provision for the use of UK classification flags? I'm currently getting the US ones and would quite like to change this. Metadata is being scraped by the client, but i do have nfo's set up for all my movies via EMM.

cheers!

- adriank99 - 2009-09-03

Hello, ive just updated from the orginal Aeon ShowMix and i am impressed, the only thing i have is in the season view of tv shows there is overlaping text boxes:

- logictester - 2009-09-03

1981suede Wrote:Hi there,

This mod is awesome, thanks to everyone involved.

Quick question which i can't seem to find an aswer for. Is there provision for the use of UK classification flags? I'm currently getting the US ones and would quite like to change this. Metadata is being scraped by the client, but i do have nfo's set up for all my movies via EMM.

cheers!

if you'll use EMM for all your movies you can select the certification to be used in EMM, if not, just change the <mpaa></mpaa> tag of the nfo file to match the certification you are looking for.

- andyblac - 2009-09-03

finaly got the XPR files working Big Grin so for the next release you need to use THEMES to choose your window colour. more code saved Smile.

and before you ask when will it be released, when we have finished testing. Smile

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-03

andy, do you have any idea what's going on with the movie backdrops for me and klepto? everything else is working perfectly now and it's really beautiful, but the movie backdrops are broken for me since the update to 1.71 apart from when browsing the "recently added" movies (see post higher up for more details), so I'd really like to get that one resolved as well Smile

- andyblac - 2009-09-03

Peligrozo Wrote:andy, do you have any idea what's going on with the movie backdrops for me and klepto? everything else is working perfectly now and it's really beautiful, but the movie backdrops are broken for me since the update to 1.71 apart from when browsing the "recently added" movies (see post higher up for more details), so I'd really like to get that one resolved as well Smile

have you tried a purge, if so and if you are willing i can send you a link for the 1.75 beta.

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-03

andyblac Wrote:have you tried a purge, if so and if you are willing i can send you a link for the 1.75 beta.
yeah, I've tried to purge and to reinstall completely (including deleting the userdata folders etc) - I'm willing to try 1.75 Smile

- andyblac - 2009-09-03

adriank99 Wrote:Hello, ive just updated from the orginal Aeon ShowMix and i am impressed, the only thing i have is in the season view of tv shows there is overlaping text boxes:

noted thanks

- AMIGAKI1980 - 2009-09-04

Hey andy any chance i could get a crack of that beta i just had todo a fresh install on my pc lost all the work id done with the previous version of your awsome skin including downloading custom dvd and tv shows cover work and i got 2tb's worth of both