Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- omega750 - 2009-09-05

All and maybe andyblac himself,

Having now got the awesome Aeon ShowMix to work curtsey of hikaricore & azido I have been spending a lot of time messing around with .nfo file tagging to get all images to display on the multiplex. Given that I have 300+ movies this could take a long time!

As I use MyMovies to catalog my DVD's and Bluray disks I though I would invest some time trying to work out whether all the data is available to produce the .nfo tags correctly. The conclusion I came to is between the MyMovies generated .nfo and the hidden mymovies.xml that gets generated despite the settings I make in the UI 95% of the information is available but would just need to be merged into a single .nfo file.

Given that the wife is continually nagging me about the time I spend on the computer I though I would for good measure spend some more time (give something back to the community) and learn to program in C++ to develop something that would merge all the tags for both files, allow you to edit additional data and re-write the movie.nfo file at the end. My idea was also to have this application keep a local copy in a database just in case you update the meta files or XBMC .nfo file structure changes so you could re-merge and write the .nfo without having to go through the process all over again.

To this end I started work on the Parental ratings in MyMovies (which stores them as numbers) to map them for UK, US and Germany (currently supported in Includes_MediaFlags.xml). I then realised that lots of other fields would need mapping between the two files + ui settings but for this I need to know what the .nfo file structure looks like and how Aeon ShowMix interprets it.

I've found the following definition in the XBMC wiki Video nfo Files but I'm not sure if this is the current version for the latest database (i.e. SVN build) or not as I have found lots of other posts with differing structures.

Code:
<movie>
        <title>Who knows</title>
        <originaltitle>Who knows for real</originaltitle>
        <rating>6.100000</rating>
        <year>2008</year>
        <top250>0</top250>
        <votes>50</votes>
        <outline>A look at the role of the Buckeye State in the 2004 Presidential Election.</outline>
        <plot>A look at the role of the Buckeye State in the 2004 Presidential Election.</plot>
        <tagline></tagline>
        <runtime>90 min</runtime>
        <thumb>http://ia.ec.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/25/65/31/10f.jpg</thumb>
        <mpaa>Not available</mpaa>
        <playcount>0</playcount>
        <watched>false</watched>
        <id>tt0432337</id>
        <filenameandpath>c:\Dummy_Movie_Files\Movies\...So Goes The Nation.avi</filenameandpath>
        <trailer></trailer>
        <genre></genre>
        <credits></credits>
        <fileinfo>
            <streamdetails>
                <video>
                    <codec>h264</codec>
                    <aspect>2.35</aspect>
                    <width>1920</width>
                    <height>816</height>
                </video>
                <audio>
                    <codec>ac3</codec>
                    <language>eng</language>
                    <channels>6</channels>
                </audio>
                <audio>
                    <codec>ac3</codec>
                    <language>spa</language>
                   <channels>2</channels>
                </audio>
                <subtitle>
                    <language>spa</language>
                </subtitle>
            </streamdetails>
        </fileinfo>
        <director>Adam Del Deo</director>
        <actor>
            <name>Paul Begala</name>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>George W. Bush</name>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Mary Beth Cahill</name>
            <role>Herself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>Ed Gillespie</name>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>John Kerry</name>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
    </movie>

Could someone, maybe andyblac himself please clarify if this is correct or whether there are newer tags in use, also if there is some documentation on how this relates to items in the ui I would also be grateful for any pointers.

Additionally, until the VideoCodec tagging is sorted out, I wondered whether the studio hack i.e. <studio>Universal / Bluray</studio> would still work if I changed the substring as per the original mod

Code:
<control type="image" id="9111">
    <include>Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars</include>
    <texture>flags/source/hddvd.png</texture>
    <visible>substring(listitem.filename,hddvd)</visible>
</control>

If this would be the case, I could also build this support into the app as the mymovies.xml file contains details on the source in the <Type>DVD</Type> tag. This would be easy to do and also easy to convert once this is supported in XBMC.

Any help would be appreciated, app will be released GPL (well whatever you call it with source freely available no charge etc..) once I'm done.

Cheers
omega750

- azido - 2009-09-05

omega750 Wrote:Hi azido,

Sorry, I think that was my bad English....

What I was trying to say was that the fonts were not mentioned on the first post of [MOD] Aeon ShowMix V1.71 - fanart fixed unless you follow the THIS link under the GitHub HOW TO INSTALL (METHOD TWO).

Additionally I was also pointing out that the very useful ShowMix Wiki link was also not on the first post, which was more for poor newbies like me who might be having the same problem Huh

Cheers
omega750

ah ok now i get you.. Wink

yeah well, we'll update the first post soon, also the wiki needs some updating.. atm we're just involved in beta testing the next version of showmix and so many other stuff in real life..

- andyblac - 2009-09-05

omega750 Wrote:All and maybe andyblac himself

why don't you just use EMM ?, as we all do Smile, fills most our needs.

- logictester - 2009-09-05

omega750 Wrote:All and maybe andyblac himself,

Having now got the awesome Aeon ShowMix to work curtsey of hikaricore & azido I have been spending a lot of time messing around with .nfo file tagging to get all images to display on the multiplex. Given that I have 300+ movies this could take a long time!

As I use MyMovies to catalog my DVD's and Bluray disks I though I would invest some time trying to work out whether all the data is available to produce the .nfo tags correctly. The conclusion I came to is between the MyMovies generated .nfo and the hidden mymovies.xml that gets generated despite the settings I make in the UI 95% of the information is available but would just need to be merged into a single .nfo file.

Given that the wife is continually nagging me about the time I spend on the computer I though I would for good measure spend some more time (give something back to the community) and learn to program in C++ to develop something that would merge all the tags for both files, allow you to edit additional data and re-write the movie.nfo file at the end. My idea was also to have this application keep a local copy in a database just in case you update the meta files or XBMC .nfo file structure changes so you could re-merge and write the .nfo without having to go through the process all over again.

To this end I started work on the Parental ratings in MyMovies (which stores them as numbers) to map them for UK, US and Germany (currently supported in Includes_MediaFlags.xml). I then realised that lots of other fields would need mapping between the two files + ui settings but for this I need to know what the .nfo file structure looks like and how Aeon ShowMix interprets it.

I've found the following definition in the XBMC wiki Video nfo Files but I'm not sure if this is the current version for the latest database (i.e. SVN build) or not as I have found lots of other posts with differing structures.

Code:
<movie>
        <title>Who knows</title>
        <year>2008</year>
        <top250>0</top250>
        <votes>50</votes>
        <outline>A look at the role of the Buckeye State in the 2004 Presidential Election.</outline>
        <plot>A look at the role of the Buckeye State in the 2004 Presidential Election.</plot>
        <tagline></tagline>
        <playcount>0</playcount>
        <watched>false</watched>
        <id>tt0432337</id>
        <filenameandpath>c:\Dummy_Movie_Files\Movies\...So Goes The Nation.avi</filenameandpath>
        <trailer></trailer>
        <genre></genre>
        <credits></credits>
        <fileinfo>
            <streamdetails>
                <video>
                    <codec>h264</codec>
                    <aspect>2.35</aspect>
                    <width>1920</width>
                    <height>816</height>
                </video>
                <audio>
                    <codec>ac3</codec>
                    <language>eng</language>
                    <channels>6</channels>
                </audio>
                <audio>
                    <codec>ac3</codec>
                    <language>spa</language>
                   <channels>2</channels>
                </audio>
                <subtitle>
                    <language>spa</language>
                </subtitle>
            </streamdetails>
        </fileinfo>
        <actor>
            <name>Paul Begala</name>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <role>Herself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>John Kerry</name>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
    </movie>

Could someone, maybe andyblac himself please clarify if this is correct or whether there are newer tags in use, also if there is some documentation on how this relates to items in the ui I would also be grateful for any pointers.

Additionally, until the VideoCodec tagging is sorted out, I wondered whether the studio hack i.e. <studio>Universal / Bluray</studio> would still work if I changed the substring as per the original mod

Code:
</control>

If this would be the case, I could also build this support into the app as the mymovies.xml file contains details on the source in the <Type>DVD</Type> tag. This would be easy to do and also easy to convert once this is supported in XBMC.

Any help would be appreciated, app will be released GPL (well whatever you call it with source freely available no charge etc..) once I'm done.

Cheers
omega750

nfo looks right, you should give EMM a try, makes life so much easier...

- azido - 2009-09-05

omega750 Wrote:I've found the following definition in the XBMC wiki Video nfo Files but I'm not sure if this is the current version for the latest database (i.e. SVN build) or not as I have found lots of other posts with differing structures.

one of the devs last week told me the xbmc wiki will always hold the latest possible information (if someone updates) to reflect the current svn versions and not the latest stable release, because if not it will never get updated.

so, those are the ones that are in use today (and showmix takes care of them).

the studio-tag hack does no longer work. in fact, using this will prevent studio flagging to work like it should most of the times.

edit: the source (bluray, dvdrip, hdrip etc.) will still be read from filenames. but if you (like me) don't want to rename every movie reflecting these, you could copy over the corresponding flag images into the codec dir and just readjust the fileinfo->video->codec to reflect them in your nfos. that's what i do for my original dvds, as those source-flags already overwrite the codec flags..

- azido - 2009-09-05

andyblac Wrote:why don't you just use EMM ?, as we all do Smile, fills most our needs.

he really should start adding tv-show (and maybe music lib) support Rolleyes

i have a certain feeling UMC will be ready first.

is it just me? - jeebus112 - 2009-09-05

ok, I m having an issue. I finally got everything set up just the way I wanted it... a little tweak here and a little tweak there, maybe some organizing, but It is all running smooth and I am happy.

But, i suffer from a syndrome that I am sure I dont suffer from alone. When i finally get it just right, i start looking to change stuff, it is a sickness, i swear. So i decided it would be nice to add the cd art mod and clearart mods. i can get the cdart running on the music visualizer page, but i see in temmi's mod he has it running on the main menu too. I decide "I Want that" and tweak for a few hours to no avail...same with clearart. I just cant even get the toggle to appear anywhere and it refuses to work. So i decide i will just use temmi's mod as it is pretty too, but it keeps freezing and crashing on me...so i grumble and decide to throw myself on the floor here.

my question, finally then, is...Is it even possible for me to do these things in Andy's mod or am i wailing on the wrong wall, just need to sit back, shut up and enjoy the beauty that i Have now and hope that one day the overworked skinners will add it to the skin?

- steve1977 - 2009-09-05

azido Wrote:edit: the source (bluray, dvdrip, hdrip etc.) will still be read from filenames. but if you (like me) don't want to rename every movie reflecting these, you could copy over the corresponding flag images into the codec dir and just readjust the fileinfo->video->codec to reflect them in your nfos. that's what i do for my original dvds, as those source-flags already overwrite the codec flags..

Still looking for the source-tagging to be implemented into XBMC/AEON/EMM as part of the NFO file, which for me sounds like the smoothest solution.

Anyhow, until this happens (if it ever does), would love to understand your workaroung above, which (if I understand it right) doesnt include renaming my files and folders. Can you please elaborate more.

- logictester - 2009-09-05

omega750 Wrote:All and maybe andyblac himself,

Code:
<movie>
        <title>Who knows</title>
        <year>2008</year>
        <top250>0</top250>
        <votes>50</votes>
        <tagline></tagline>
        <playcount>0</playcount>
        <watched>false</watched>
        <id>tt0432337</id>
        <trailer></trailer>
        <genre></genre>
        <credits></credits>
        <fileinfo>
            <streamdetails>
                <video>
                    <codec>h264</codec>
                    <aspect>2.35</aspect>
                    <width>1920</width>
                    <height>816</height>
                </video>
                <audio>
                    <codec>ac3</codec>
                    <language>eng</language>
                    <channels>6</channels>
                </audio>
                <audio>
                    <codec>ac3</codec>
                    <language>spa</language>
                   <channels>2</channels>
                </audio>
                <subtitle>
                    <language>spa</language>
                </subtitle>
            </streamdetails>
        </fileinfo>
        <actor>
            <name>Paul Begala</name>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <role>Herself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
        <actor>
            <name>John Kerry</name>
            <role>Himself</role>
        </actor>
    </movie>

Code:
</control>

Cheers
omega750

the easiest way to get the correct nfo - is to scrape sometihng with xbmc and export the video library to seperate files with images - that way you get the exact nfo that is used by your version of the xbmc

- azido - 2009-09-05

steve1977 Wrote:Still looking for the source-tagging to be implemented into XBMC/AEON/EMM as part of the NFO file, which for me sounds like the smoothest solution.

Anyhow, until this happens (if it ever does), would love to understand your workaroung above, which (if I understand it right) doesnt include renaming my files and folders. Can you please elaborate more.

its a fair, easy task once you get around it.

look: in showmix, as soon as you will use source flagging (i.e. renaming your file to yourmovie.bluray.mkv) the bluray image will replace the one that will usually display "h264" onscreen in this example. now, knowing this, what i would do here is to leave "yourmovie.mkv" untouched, copy over "bluray.png" into showmix\media\flags\codec and change in corresponding movie.nfo from

Code:
<fileinfo>
            <streamdetails>
                <video>
                    <codec>h264</codec>
to
Quote: <fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
<codec>bluray</codec>

consequently doing this will show up bluray.png wherever i change the nfo and reload the movie in xbmc. now replace "bluray" with anything you like and copy an image into the mentioned codec dir and it will be displayed instead of the real codec if the name matches.

i guess you can even put your own source images into ember's flag folder and assign it to an entry in the xml for codecs and after that you will be able to use it from the dropdown menu in the metadata editor - though i did not do that yet. it would save you from manually editing the nfo. just make sure the images are the same for ember and xbmc.

- azido - 2009-09-05

steve1977 Wrote:Still looking for the source-tagging to be implemented into XBMC/AEON/EMM as part of the NFO file, which for me sounds like the smoothest solution.

its a fair, easy task once you get around it.

look: in showmix, as soon as you will use source flagging (i.e. renaming your file to yourmovie.bluray.mkv) the bluray image will replace the one that will usually display "h264" onscreen in this example. now, knowing this, what i would do here is to leave "yourmovie.mkv" untouched, copy over "bluray.png" into showmix\media\flags\codec and change in corresponding movie.nfo from

Code:
<fileinfo>
            <streamdetails>
                <video>
                    <codec>h264</codec>
to
Code:
<fileinfo>
            <streamdetails>
                <video>
                    <codec>[b]bluray[/b]</codec>

consequently doing this will show up bluray.png wherever i change the nfo and reload the movie in xbmc. now replace "bluray" with anything you like and copy an image into the mentioned codec dir and it will be displayed instead of the real codec if the name matches.

i guess you can even put your own source images into ember's flag folder and assign it to an entry in the xml for codecs and after that you will be able to use it from the dropdown menu in the metadata editor - though i did not do that yet. it would save you from manually editing the nfo. just make sure the images are the same for ember and xbmc.

- azido - 2009-09-05

jeebus112 Wrote:ok, I m having an issue. I finally got everything set up just the way I wanted it... a little tweak here and a little tweak there, maybe some organizing, but It is all running smooth and I am happy. But, i suffer from a syndrome that I am sure I dont suffer from alone. When i finally get it just right, i start looking to change stuff, it is a sickness, i swear.

well, i hope you understand there will be no support in here for your own tries of manipulation Rolleyes

cdArt/clearArt implementation is already on the feature request list, but please respect andy does not like to just take over other ppl's work and implement it in showmix. if he ever feels like adding such stuff, he will a) want to have originator's permission for it and b) most likely will not just copy it 1:1.

meanwhile i might try to implement that too, as i really like cdArt, and if so, i will share it - but don't take that as a promise and don't ask when.

- jeebus112 - 2009-09-06

ok, thanks. I wasn't trying to demand it be implemented or complain...really i was more hoping you would say it's just not possible so i would quit trying, and that's essentially what i got..thanks

- logictester - 2009-09-06

little video of my aeon showmix Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olzXbvVawls

- azido - 2009-09-07

logictester Wrote:little video of my aeon showmix Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olzXbvVawls

carmen electra, ah? Wink

i've made one, too: watch this