Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-16

zeus[x];403123 Wrote:His this MOD still in development?

Thanks

of course.

we just switched to internal testing/debugging instead of posting every single commit like we did before, until it reaches a level we are satisfied with.

there is already some kind of preview available in our wiki, as i updated some of the settings pages to reflect the upcoming version 2.0 - more to be done later on.

feel free to have a look.

- zeus[x] - 2009-09-16

From all skins/mods i tryed this is the one i liked more!
Verry good work.
I will start looking arround and post any comments i might have.

Thanks!

PS. I will read wiki first =)

- oliphillips - 2009-09-16

Sorry for newbie question, but installed the skin (copied to Skins folder) and when I select it in XBMC it says incompatible skin. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT was using too recent build, sorry

- azido - 2009-09-16

oliphillips Wrote:Sorry for newbie question, but installed the skin (copied to Skins folder) and when I select it in XBMC it says incompatible skin. What am I doing wrong?

make sure you put the skin in a sub folder for skins.

i.e. xbmc\skins\Aeon Showmix\ <-- skin.xml and all folders have to be in there.

azido Wrote:make sure you put the skin in a sub folder for skins.

i.e. xbmc\skins\Aeon Showmix\ <-- skin.xml and all folders have to be in there.

Did have it in there, but I am thinking it is because I had the latest build, just downloaded XBMC-Rev22516.zip so this should be ok

Hmm.. still not working.

"Require skins of version 2.10 or over"

new to aeon showmix? please read. - azido - 2009-09-16

hi there,

(i just feel i need to say this).

as black and hitcher stopped from enhancing their (truly great) mods of aeon, i have a feeling we will get a bunch of new users of showmix these days.

you are all very welcome!

nevertheless, i want jusk ask you to follow some - i'd like to say - rules, so we all gain a better experience in here.

1. get yourself familiar with xbmc.

if this is your very first experience with xbmc at all, make sure you get known to it. it might not be the best choice to start with showmix then, as it still uses some features that are currently not supported by xbmc. once you know the do's and don'ts of xbmc, you more likely understand what andy offers in his skin and how it works.

2. go have a peek at our wiki.

i know it's not complete yet, and to confuse you even more, the updates i'm doing right now reflect a version most of you don't have access to right now. but it already may cover some of your questions and gives you a sneak preview of what's coming next. i started to update it again yesterday and when i finish this posting i'll continue adding informations to it. as soon as i finished explaining the settings and the views, i'll start the faq section. you'll find the link on my signature.

3. feature requests.

i hope people do not get me wrong in here. feature requests and suggestions are really welcome, as they might give an inspiration of what can be added next. but please don't just ask to include this mod from that guy as you find it useful/nice/interesting/whatsoever. if you didn't follow how andy worked before, here's an explanation:

he started including anoobie's trailer view, but not just added it, he made an individual version, very unique, if you ask me. all following inclusions had the same principle: he likes an idea, decides to have something similar in his mod, but not just copy it, he made his very own version. as the mod raised and became bigger, he needed to redo a lot of code in order to get it working. so today, most of the original aeon auriga code has been replaced. this means you cannot just add a mod designed for auriga, plus he don't like to just copy it. i hope you get what i'm trying to say here.

4. about me.

many ppl wrote pm's to me lately requesting me to change something in showmix to their liking. let me do a statement here: i am not coding/modding showmix at all! No it's all andy's work. if i am talking about "our mod" or "we have implemented" etc. i am referring to the fact that andy and me had endless skype sessions talking about how to improve showmix, getting bugs fixed and i am basically testing any new piece of code he comes up with to give him feedback - but still he is the one that codes the stuff. i'm doing some modifications of my own, but they are not part of the "official" release. and i took the part of explaining stuff in showmix, hence the wiki and answering your questions is my project here in that collaboration, letting him breathe and give him enough time to code.

5. finally: about the commits.

long time users of showmix noticed there was no commit to github for some time period. development is still ongoing, but instead of committing every piece of change, which leaded to bug reports and issues from many ppl at once, we decided to keep things internal until we feel it can be released. less fun for those who like to tryout, but also less invasive action for andy Nod

enough said.. of course, your input is highly appreciated, and we try to make you all happy (if we can). cheers!

- azido - 2009-09-16

oliphillips Wrote:Hmm.. still not working.

"Require skins of version 2.10 or over"

please give me your exact path to skin.xml

and the version number of the svn you're using.

- flxfxp - 2009-09-16

I included this skin into XBMScript for easy installation. See http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57764

Dennis

- azido - 2009-09-16

oliphillips Wrote:Did have it in there, but I am thinking it is because I had the latest build, just downloaded XBMC-Rev22516.zip so this should be ok

indeed.
although we make use of all the current features, so in our case it would just mean we have to raise our skin version number. won't do that unless the devs tell new versions are done, though.

Ok, I've got it all set up now, and getting there! A coupld of small problems for me is

1) When you are on Season view on tv shows, the Season name eg "Season 01" is always overlapped with the genre eg "Action, Comedy"

2) How do you hide the ?. I seem to have a ? on the right hand side of every TV Show on season view.

3) Is there a way to disable the "All Seasons" option?

Sorry if these have been discussed before, i've looked through the thread and searched as much as I can.

Otherwise.....TOTALLY AWESOME SKIN/MOD. Absolutely LOVE IT. So much more responsive and faster than 7MC/MB which I was using before. Can't wait to have it all fully setup and "Girlfriend friendly", although part of the fun is configuring it all!

Cheers, Oli

- azido - 2009-09-16

oliphillips Wrote:1) When you are on Season view on tv shows, the Season name eg "Season 01" is always overlapped with the genre eg "Action, Comedy"

that's a known bug in 1.71. will be fixed in next version.

oliphillips Wrote:2) How do you hide the ?. I seem to have a ? on the right hand side of every TV Show on season view.

you need to disable the display of default media flags for missing ones in settings -> advanced -> views. (this option and the default icon is removed on 2.0 - no one needs a default image here).

oliphillips Wrote:3) Is there a way to disable the "All Seasons" option?

That's no option for the skin, but for xbmc. Advancedsettings.xml will be your friend here.

- curtis-r - 2009-09-16

A few weeks ago I created a 2nd/"bedroom" profile, based on my master profile, & they share the main database. When using this bedroom profile, on the main screen, the Recently Added thumb is the default/blank one. On my master profile, Recently Added works as designed. Something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks mate!

- zeus[x] - 2009-09-16

any idea when V2.0 will be out?
Can wait to get it! =)