Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-16

curtis-r Wrote:A few weeks ago I created a 2nd "bedroom" profile, based on my master profile., & they share the main database. When using this bedroom profile, on the main screen, the Recently Added thumb is the default/blank one. On my master profile, Recently Added works as designed. Something I'm doing wrong?

i never tried to use profiles on showmix, so i thought i give it a try. you are right, it doesn't work. it seems like it can share the database, but not the thumbnails, and it even does not work for the viewtypes at all. i got several screen lockups even in version 2.0. andy never used profiles, so that's why he didn't give any attention on these (and might even have removed neccessary code due to his optimisation sessions)

although i don't know the usage of sharing the same databases on different profiles (besides maybe some different gui desires or screen sizes), i have a feeling you know what you do, so here is a workaround i just found out:

create another profile, lets say it's called TESTUSER.

- for media info and media sources use "shares with default".
- start with fresh settings: start fresh.

quit xbmc.

head over to your userdata dir.
in that, you find 2 dirs that we need: "profiles" and "Thumbnails".

browse into profiles\TESTUSER.
you should see the file guisettings.xml in there. that indicates you can set up the gui to your likings for that profile independently from the master user settings..
now back to your userdata dir, you need to copy the complete "Thumbnails" dir into profiles\TESTUSER.

this will give you back the missing thumbs Nod

of course: if you add new movies/tv shows, you need to copy thumbnails to that user's profile dir again.

just see this as a quick workaround, i will talk to andy and we'll see if we can fix that.

- curtis-r - 2009-09-16

azido Wrote:just see this as a quick workaround, i will talk to andy and we'll see if we can fix that.

I figured if it truly was a bug, there would be a simple workaround such as this. thanks. Though I find it odd that the thumbs in multiplex are fine in either profile, just not home's "recently added" in the 2nd profile.

But I'll tell ya, your workaround isn't a big inconvenience, so if somehow a permanent profile fix would require some big code change, I'd place my efforts elsewhere. On the other hand, if it's an easy code fix...

- zeus[x] - 2009-09-16

@azido

Just a sugestion,
a verry cool feature to help all us is a video with all or most the features in this or even on next skin version.

We can read all wiki, but its not the same as watching the video with all features. I was watching a movie on youtube and i see some nice features, thats how i find this skin =)

what do you think about a wiki video like a skin review.

- azido - 2009-09-17

curtis-r Wrote:Though I find it odd that the thumbs in multiplex are fine in either profile, just not home's "recently added" in the 2nd profile.

obviously it only seems to be fine. you get more missing ones if you enter the movie info screen or the episode info screen. at least on my quick lookup.

- azido - 2009-09-17

zeus[x];403542 Wrote:@azido

Just a sugestion,
a verry cool feature to help all us is a video with all or most the features in this or even on next skin version.

We can read all wiki, but its not the same as watching the video with all features. I was watching a movie on youtube and i see some nice features, thats how i find this skin =)

what do you think about a wiki video like a skin review.

actually, i even made a video recently (check for user azidodomingo on youtube), but as changes are coming rapidly right now it's already outdated Smile

my plan though is to update andy's first post here on thread (it really needs an upgrade ~cough~) and then i'll add a new video showing aeon showmix 2.o in action Wink

might even do some tutorial videos later on, when wiki is in a state that you can read all you need to run showmix.

edit: after testing to see if i can add youtube videos on wiki (which does work, hooray) i think it might be a good idea to describe the different viewtypes of showmix as videos. this has the neat side effect that i don't need to do all those screenshots and write my ass off for every single option in there. so i'd say it is a good idea. thanks for the inspiration..

- psike - 2009-09-17

Don't know if it showmix related or not but i'll try...
Is it possible for the recent added widget in showmix not show movies with watched status.

- logictester - 2009-09-17

psike Wrote:Don't know if it showmix related or not but i'll try...
Is it possible for the recent added widget in showmix not show movies with watched status.

you can switch the widget to show random unwatched videos, though it might be only in the next version Smile

- psike - 2009-09-17

No unwatched recent added? Sad
I'll stick with the recent added for now, but good to know there will be other options too.

- curtis-r - 2009-09-17

psike Wrote:No unwatched recent added?

+1

- zeus[x] - 2009-09-17

Personally i prefer to watch a video mutch more than read 10 pages.
It will be like a video tutorial like the ones on linda.com =)

I belive for you it will be mutch easyer to make the videos, don't need to write everything, line by line.

If we need any thing, we can always watch the movie again.

Good luck with your videos!

- azido - 2009-09-17

zeus[x];403591 Wrote:Personally i prefer to watch a video mutch more than read 10 pages.
It will be like a video tutorial like the ones on linda.com =)

I belive for you it will be mutch easyer to make the videos, don't need to write everything, line by line.

If we need any thing, we can always watch the movie again.

Good luck with your videos!

in fact, tutorial videos (including speech) will be a bit harder for me to do than writing. if i miss a word in english, i can google for it - i'm sure you do not want to wait for my translation lookup live on video Laugh

but the idea to have videos just showing i.e. the different views or doing stuff like how to create a smart playlist, add it to the favs and finally place it into the menu bar - things like that can be easily done.

personally i think a written description of what every option in settings will do is better than a video, because you can already see the settings on your own copy and still might not have a clue what they do.

and of course, an overall presentation video of showmix 2.o will find it's way to youtube.

- dvanburen - 2009-09-17

First - Thanks for the great theme! I have a couple of questions to which I can't seem to find the solution.

I primarily use Library mode in Movies and TV, but I have a few items (such as home videos) that don't really fit into either category. For these I like to use Video mode.

In Video mode is it possible to keep the thumbnail's aspect ratio? In the base Aeon theme I can use 'Square' thumbs to accomplish this.

Are there any other views (such as Showcase) available in Video mode other than Wall and List? I only see these two options in 1.71.

Any help is appreciated. For many years I have used the default skins and Aeon (with the ShowMix enhancements) really changes the experience for the better. Keep up the great work.

- Danielocean - 2009-09-17

same for me...

is there a possibility to get more points on main menu, like MUSIC / MOVIE / HOME VIDEO / MUSIC VIDEO / CONCERT VIDEO / ... / PICTURE / SETTINGS / EXTRAS... to better differentiate the video section?!

i have a lot of music videos, so i'd like to have the party mode for this part too...

Maybe some inspirations for next steps...

- dvanburen - 2009-09-17

Danielocean Wrote:same for me...

is there a possibility to get more points on main menu, like MUSIC / MOVIE / HOME VIDEO / MUSIC VIDEO / CONCERT VIDEO / ... / PICTURE / SETTINGS / EXTRAS... to better differentiate the video section?!

i have a lot of music videos, so i'd like to have the party mode for this part too...

Maybe some inspirations for next steps...

I haven't tried tried this yet, but if you can add a shortcut to the folder as a favorite you can add it to the main menu using the custom menu options in the skin settings. The only potential drawback I see is that it would have to be in file mode as you can only have three databases, one for movies, tv and music respectively. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this, I would love to be able to have separate databases for Movies, TV, Anime, AMV etc.

- soder - 2009-09-17

dvanburen Wrote:I haven't tried tried this yet, but if you can add a shortcut to the folder as a favorite you can add it to the main menu using the custom menu options in the skin settings. The only potential drawback I see is that it would have to be in file mode as you can only have three databases, one for movies, tv and music respectively. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this, I would love to be able to have separate databases for Movies, TV, Anime, AMV etc.

I think you can use the a "smart playlist" instead.

Lets say you want to have a Anime, then if the genre is Anime, make a smart playlist that match that genre. Add it to the favourites, and then to the main menu.

/Söder