Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-09-17

Maybe someone here that are really good with smart playlist can share there playlists settings here?

Me myself would like a good playlist for "unwatched" for my movies and my tv show. Not both in the same time.

I dont know if its best to use "since" or play count or what. I would be grace full. =)

/Söder

- dvanburen - 2009-09-17

soder Wrote:I think you can use the a "smart playlist" instead.

Lets say you want to have a Anime, then if the genre is Anime, make a smart playlist that match that genre. Add it to the favourites, and then to the main menu.

/Söder

Thanks for the idea, I'll give it a try once I have more loaded into my Library.

- soder - 2009-09-17

Andy, some bugs from 2.0 Beta8.

1. "Open Playlist" switch doesn't work for me. It starts the playlist anyhow.

2. I find the "info" (not the menu with play/stop/skip/playlist) when watching a movie a little bit to fade? I mean, there is no a very big difference betwean "this is the past" and "this is the futere"

3. When fixing with the sub menus, and Ive added one of my favorites as a submenu, and I'm still in the editing of the sub menu, I cant go UP from my own added, only down. When Ive gone down, I can go up again, but not "over" the one I've added. This is a minor thing. =)

4. Also, will I be able to add sub menus to EXTRA?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-17

Danielocean Wrote:same for me...

is there a possibility to get more points on main menu, like MUSIC / MOVIE / HOME VIDEO / MUSIC VIDEO / CONCERT VIDEO / ... / PICTURE / SETTINGS / EXTRAS... to better differentiate the video section?!

i have a lot of music videos, so i'd like to have the party mode for this part too...

Maybe some inspirations for next steps...

you can add up 2 custom items to your main menu, 4 more for the music submenu, 4 for movies, 3 for tv shows in version 2.0.

the total amount of available custom entries has to be limited else we will get the old issues back (items not showing up/stuff coming up where it shouldn't.. )

as the video section is filemode only, if i were you, i would put those custom video types in movies sub menu (you can even put concert videos in your music submenu for example).

we felt like populating the main menu too much will lead into too much scrolling needed from one end to the other, hence we decided to use two on the main and more for the sub menus. if it was me to decide, i would not even use custom entries for the tv shows on first sight, but andy told me there are some interesting plugins for shows, and an extra option to collect the unwatched episodes would come in handy too.

- azido - 2009-09-17

dvanburen Wrote:Are there any other views (such as Showcase) available in Video mode other than Wall and List? I only see these two options in 1.71.

as the video node is file mode only, which kind of view do you want there except the list? you won't even see much info in there, a multiplex view will be kinda useless as most of it's labels, textboxes and images won't be displayed in file mode.

- azido - 2009-09-17

soder Wrote:Maybe someone here that are really good with smart playlist can share there playlists settings here?

Me myself would like a good playlist for "unwatched" for my movies and my tv show. Not both in the same time.

I dont know if its best to use "since" or play count or what. I would be grace full. =)

/Söder

for unwatched movies i would use

TYPE: MOVIES
FIND ITEMS WHERE: PLAY COUNT LESS THAN 1
ORDER BY: TITLE.

TVshow/ unwatched episodes would work the same way, but i found the episode multiplex view is missing for playlists, so it will not look any good (16:9 thumbs being forced into poster boxes) unless you only want a list. there has to be some working on it..

- azido - 2009-09-17

dvanburen Wrote:I haven't tried tried this yet, but if you can add a shortcut to the folder as a favorite you can add it to the main menu using the custom menu options in the skin settings. The only potential drawback I see is that it would have to be in file mode as you can only have three databases, one for movies, tv and music respectively. Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this, I would love to be able to have separate databases for Movies, TV, Anime, AMV etc.

feel like you have been corrected. Big Grin
smart playlists work on the library, not the files, so you get the same viewmodes you get for your movie/music lib on such a shortcut. of course they won't be part of different databases, but you can add all your videos to your movie library and seperate them by creating smart playlists (which btw are dynamic). basically, you set the rules what to display in such a playlist. i.e. using genre ANIME as a rule will get you all entries that are tagged ANIME.

in fact, the MOVIES shortcut on the main menu will always contain ALL your movies, but with smart playlists you can seperate to your liking.

- logictester - 2009-09-17

once everything is in the library - creating smart playlists is really easy...
for movies - unwatched example - go to video, click add source - select video playlist. navigate to the newly added playlist, inside you'll have two options - new party mode playlist and new smart playlist - select new smart playlist, the smart playlist editor is opened, select movies (selected by default), give your playlist a name - Unwatched - select new rule, in the rule select number of times played, is, 0 and click OK, leave the rest of the options as is and click OK - that's it an unwatched playlist for movies is ready - add it to favs and then to main or sub-menu

for tv shows - do exactly the same as movies but select episodes in the smart playlist editor...

there are so many options on building those lists - many many variables - basically any condition can be met, the playlists can even be mixed - meaning TV and Movies in a single playlist with as many rules as you want

azido Wrote:for unwatched movies i would use

TYPE: MOVIES
FIND ITEMS WHERE: PLAY COUNT LESS THAN 1
ORDER BY: TITLE.

TVshow/ unwatched episodes would work the same way, but i found the episode multiplex view is missing for playlists, so it will not look any good (16:9 thumbs being forced into poster boxes) unless you only want a list. there has to be some working on it..

episodes multiplex works fine for me with playlist

- soder - 2009-09-17

logictester Wrote:for tv shows - do exactly the same as movies but select episodes in the smart playlist editor...

Is it possible to do this, and see all the TV Shows that have unwatched episodes? Or is it like in the "recent list", with just a bunch of episodes?

/Söder

it will be just a bunch of episodes - but all of the unwatched will be there, plus when you on the episode you'll see the correct fanart and names and shit Smile

- soder - 2009-09-17

logictester Wrote:it will be just a bunch of episodes - but all of the unwatched will be there, plus when you on the episode you'll see the correct fanart and names and shit Smile

=(

/Söder

that's because the playlist is on the episode level....

- zeus[x] - 2009-09-17

Hi all, i'm loving this skin.

how about trailers? Does the skin auto download the trailers from the movies?
i can't make it to download the trailers, any idea why?
i made a search on wiki but coulnd find anything.

Thks.

does any skin auto download trailersHuh i don't think so.... use EMM or such to download trailers for your movies