Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-17

logictester Wrote:episodes multiplex works fine for me with playlist

right once you added the fav as a menu entry, but when i browse

videos\video playlists\unseen episodes -there are not the same options for multiplex view like when triggered from the menu.

so there is no episode view when accessing the playlist in file mode.

also extended list mode is not accessible for a playlist view. both are simply missing. a bit irritating since they all work in the other modes. but might be due to it's nature as being views for a file mode.

- azido - 2009-09-17

zeus[x];403986 Wrote:Hi all, i'm loving this skin.

how about trailers? Does the skin auto download the trailers from the movies?
i can't make it to download the trailers, any idea why?
i made a search on wiki but coulnd find anything.

Thks.

as soon as it does this, i'll add a function to make coffee.

a skin is a skin. it changes the visual appearance, nothing else Tongue

- zeus[x] - 2009-09-17

yeah, it's not the skin, dumb question, i ask because i see an option about download the trailers when searching for movie info. But, no trailer :S
I will give a look on EMM, i don't have any idea how it works.
i will try to learn first.

thanks

- zwat - 2009-09-17

oh my god this was great Big Grin my new fav mod. i love the way to change library view. great work on that one.
so a few things i would like to see in newer builds.
the movie count with total, unwatched, watched to be inside library also. not just homescreen.
on showmix\multiplex view and movie info background i would like to remove the bottom background that is behind the showmix wheel.
remove the unknown flags by options. i probly can remove the png but would be nice to have a option for that if they come back on git pull Big Grin

- dvanburen - 2009-09-17

azido Wrote:as the video node is file mode only, which kind of view do you want there except the list? you won't even see much info in there, a multiplex view will be kinda useless as most of it's labels, textboxes and images won't be displayed in file mode.

This was more for curiosity, my biggest concern is the thumbnails. It seems to want to force everything into a poster-esque 2:3 aspect ratio. for some items such as home movies it would be nice to have an unsquished thumbnail. I noticed in the 'original' Aeon you can switch on square thumbs which seems to do what I want. Is there a way to enable this in ShowMix?

P.S. I don't mind modifying XML if you can point me in the right direction.

- dvanburen - 2009-09-17

azido Wrote:feel like you have been corrected. Big Grin
smart playlists work on the library, not the files, so you get the same viewmodes you get for your movie/music lib on such a shortcut. of course they won't be part of different databases, but you can add all your videos to your movie library and seperate them by creating smart playlists (which btw are dynamic). basically, you set the rules what to display in such a playlist. i.e. using genre ANIME as a rule will get you all entries that are tagged ANIME.

in fact, the MOVIES shortcut on the main menu will always contain ALL your movies, but with smart playlists you can seperate to your liking.

This seems like a much better solution than multiple databases. I'll be sure to give this a try as soon as I am done scraping my Movies/TV shows. I'm pretty anal when it comes to the metadata/posters etc so it may take a few days. Hard to make time with work and kids :/

- azido - 2009-09-17

Quote:the movie count with total, unwatched, watched to be inside library also. not just homescreen.

impossible right now, as this is a database query done by an external py script. it would slow down the whole view.

Quote:on showmix\multiplex view and movie info background i would like to remove the bottom background that is behind the showmix wheel.

that background is there to ensure the flags and text on bottom will be visible anytime, plus to get that fancy thumbnail reflection onto something that does not look weird.

Quote:remove the unknown flags by options. i probly can remove the png but would be nice to have a option for that if they come back on git pull

they will never come back on your next successful update pull, because they're removed in 2.0.

- dvanburen - 2009-09-17

dvanburen Wrote:This was more for curiosity, my biggest concern is the thumbnails. It seems to want to force everything into a poster-esque 2:3 aspect ratio. for some items such as home movies it would be nice to have an unsquished thumbnail. I noticed in the 'original' Aeon you can switch on square thumbs which seems to do what I want. Is there a way to enable this in ShowMix?

P.S. I don't mind modifying XML if you can point me in the right direction.

Should have looked first. I modified guisettings.xml and changed this line:

<setting type="bool" name="Showmix.listvideosquare">false</setting>

to this:

<setting type="bool" name="Showmix.listvideosquare">true</setting>

Where Showmix is the folder in which I have the skin. Took me all of 2 minutes. Just posting this here unless anyone else is interested. I apologize if there is a way to do this via the gui, I just didn't see one in ShowMix.

- zwat - 2009-09-17

azido Wrote:that background is there to ensure the flags and text on bottom will be visible anytime, plus to get that fancy thumbnail reflection onto something that does not look weird.

i'm not talking about the floor. i ment the bottom of the info screen. this doesn't seem to be reflected on the floor.

- soder - 2009-09-17

azido Wrote:impossible right now, as this is a database query done by an external py script. it would slow down the whole view.

Does ALL skins use a script for this? Many other skins show the total number of movies at least. Mayby not, "watched" and "unwatched"?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-17

soder Wrote:Does ALL skins use a script for this? Many other skins show the total number of movies at least. Mayby not, "watched" and "unwatched"?

/Söder

yes, you can show the total number of movies (we already do that in the list view) but according to the watched and unwatched state, at given time there is no support from xbmc itself to count and display them for movies.

it can be done on season selection level, though:

ListItem.Episode Shows the number of episodes for the currently selected tvshow
ListItem.Season Shows the season value for the currently selected tvshow

ListItem.Property(WatchedEpisodes) Shows the number of watched episodes for the currently selected tvshow

ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes) Shows the number of unwatched episodes for the currently selected tvshow

this is why we have a display of such data at the season selection level (and can be done on a list view for episodes, too). the crucial aspect in here is "currently selected". we simply cannot "currently select" ALL movies. we need to select something (i.e. a list) before we can place a counter. although we can blend off all titles marked as seen, we can not count them.

the same goes for the album selection level in music: on a list of albums, you cannot display how many tracks an album has until you enter it.

basically, what we can do here when entering a window is to fill a so called "container" with data and display contents from there. and that's exactly what that python script does: doing a database query and fill a container we can extract our info from, then. but implementing this into multiplex view will slow it down again. i think it's slow enough already..

i don't know if there are plans to add core xbmc support for those kind of counters.

- azido - 2009-09-17

dvanburen Wrote:Should have looked first. I modified guisettings.xml and changed this line:

<setting type="bool" name="Showmix.listvideosquare">false</setting>

to this:

<setting type="bool" name="Showmix.listvideosquare">true</setting>

Where Showmix is the folder in which I have the skin. Took me all of 2 minutes. Just posting this here unless anyone else is interested. I apologize if there is a way to do this via the gui, I just didn't see one in ShowMix.

could be that this is one of the default settings written when you initially start showmix 1.71 the first time, with no option trigger being available for that.

- azido - 2009-09-17

zwat Wrote:i'm not talking about the floor. i ment the bottom of the info screen. this doesn't seem to be reflected on the floor.

please do me a favour and post a screenshot where the desired spot is marked. i simply cannot follow you here.

- zwat - 2009-09-18

the gray area between the floor and the picture\text.

- Danielocean - 2009-09-18

zwat Wrote:Image
the gray area between the floor and the picture\text.

Do you mean the grey area, where you can find the arrows?! the background for the posters?! What about this?! Why removing this?!