Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-09-18

Danielocean Wrote:Do you mean the grey area, where you can find the arrows?! the background for the posters?! What about this?! Why removing this?!

I guess he wants it removed, because that would show more of the fanart. Specialy when not in fullscreen mode.

/Söder

- patkhoo - 2009-09-18

zwat Wrote:Image
the gray area between the floor and the picture\text.

Sorry, I have to give a -1 to this idea.. It would look weird without the gray horizontal strip in my view..

- zwat - 2009-09-18

yea i don't use full view and i use info on trigger so i think it will look better with the fanart. just used that picture as an example since it was the first i found.

- logictester - 2009-09-18

but the screenshot shows a fullscreen multiplex, try non fullscreen to see more of the fanart

- zwat - 2009-09-18

well it's an old screenshot from one of the first pages in this thread. i'm not at home so can't take a screenshot of my look. the picture was just to show azido what area i talked about.

- soder - 2009-09-18

zwat Wrote:well it's an old screenshot from one of the first pages in this thread. i'm not at home so can't take a screenshot of my look. the picture was just to show azido what area i talked about.

Well I looked at my 2.0 beta 8, and I dont have the fullscreen.
For me is the background of the poster pretty transparent, and kind of fading to more transparent the further from the posters I am.

I like it. =)

I use BLACK and NIGHT for the skin. (plasma) =)

/Söder

- azido - 2009-09-18

zwat Wrote:well it's an old screenshot from one of the first pages in this thread. i'm not at home so can't take a screenshot of my look. the picture was just to show azido what area i talked about.

got you now.

Theme: default

Theme: grey.xpr

Theme: black.xpr

in my opinion, removal of that texture would fuck up the whole experience, even when using fullscreen.

plot window would no longer be noticed as such, and that small amount of of fanart you'll gain back would be in concurrence with the thumbs.
plus, on info=trigger you will not see it until you raise the info screen.

- zwat - 2009-09-18

i find it look strange there. might help if you throw in two more posters in the wheel, but if i remember right there is performance issues with too many posters. i have black background for the infoscreen and it don't look too good when fanart is white. and since most if the bottom is covered by the poster it don't have any use except in fullscreen mode.
it was just a idea from my side. if no one else like it i'll bow for the majority Big Grin

- soder - 2009-09-18

zwat Wrote:i find it look strange there. might help if you throw in two more posters in the wheel, but if i remember right there is performance issues with too many posters. i have black background for the infoscreen and it don't look too good when fanart is white. and since most if the bottom is covered by the poster it don't have any use except in fullscreen mode.
it was just a idea from my side. if no one else like it i'll bow for the majority Big Grin

What about this:
I just streached the posters in Photoshop, but if Andy dont have that so close, they could take some more space, but still only use 15 posters.

/Söder

- curtis-r - 2009-09-18

azido Wrote:browse into profiles\TESTUSER.
you should see the file guisettings.xml in there. that indicates you can set up the gui to your likings for that profile independently from the master user settings..
now back to your userdata dir, you need to copy the complete "Thumbnails" dir into profiles\TESTUSER.

this will give you back the missing thumbs Nod

I recant what I said about it's not a big deal to copy the thumbs. I just checked & my userdata/thumbnails folder is 524MB!

- curtis-r - 2009-09-18

soder Wrote:Image

/Söder

+1 b/c who needs arrows? But I personally still would like more thumbs.

- Danielocean - 2009-09-18

no streatching...!!!

I try it out, without the grey box... will post some pictures in a few minutes... Maybe it looks good...

- soder - 2009-09-18

Danielocean Wrote:no streatching...!!!

I try it out, without the grey box... will post some pictures in a few minutes... Maybe it looks good...

Well, to streatch the posters was just my way to show how it could look. Of course it would have to be made with the correct ratio for the posters, but maybe it could show more of each poster.

/Söder

- Danielocean - 2009-09-18

Here it is...:

The first picture, with the box:

And now, second picture, without the box:

i think is not so bad... a nice boarder and it looks good... maybe an solution for fanart lovers...

edit:
now also edit the black box at the bottom, so only the text an the flags has this background; an finally resize the posters: the marked poster is ok in this size, but the posters on the left an right will become smaller...

just dreaming :-)

- zwat - 2009-09-18

ohh i liked that look. minimal borders. u stil see some shadows tho of the bottom part of infoscreen. maybe shrinking the hight (or depth) of the floor would be nice too.