Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Danielocean - 2009-09-18

i would like to try out more, but unfortunately i don't know which png is for the which position...

Some more attempts...:

And here the normal one, for a better comparison...:

- patkhoo - 2009-09-18

Danielocean Wrote:Some more attempts...:

I like transparency too, it is very hip these days..

but.. I think this is a mistake.. it will be difficult to read the plot text with the transparency and various fanart..

Now, (disclaimer) I probably won't be affected personally (I have a 46" LCD TV), but please give a thought to those with smaller / less capable displays..

- zwat - 2009-09-18

yea me like that one. and i guess u could get a darker infobackgroud too if gray is a problem.

Where are the settings for that grey background (plot & thumb)... i can't find it... would like to make it a little bit darker for better reading... and of course a nicer border...

and my second question: is it possible to edit the non-central posters?! I'd like to make them a little bit smaller...

- zwat - 2009-09-18

strange error. when entering the movielibrary from submenu posters are blank, but reflection show posters. it happends to genre posters too, but going left or right bring the posters back. this don't happen to movies tho.

- soder - 2009-09-18

zwat Wrote:Image
strange error. when entering the movielibrary from submenu posters are blank, but reflection show posters. it happends to genre posters too, but going left or right bring the posters back. this don't happen to movies tho.

Restarted?

Many problems are solved that way. Andy has tolded me that XBMC still have huge problem with ShowMix.

/Söder

- zwat - 2009-09-18

yep. just did a rebot of my pc and still posters show when going direct from movies, but gone when going from submenu. think my xp\xbmc installation is borked tho. had lots of trouble with memoryleakage.

- zwat - 2009-09-18

another problem. trying to change to showmix view on tvseries genre, but only list and wallview works. it works on movies tho.

- logictester - 2009-09-18

purge settings and restart xbmc

- azido - 2009-09-19

soder Wrote:What about this:
I just streached the posters in Photoshop, but if Andy dont have that so close, they could take some more space, but still only use 15 posters.

/Söder

in my opinion that looks kinda good on fullscreen, but terrible in standard multiplex view.

- azido - 2009-09-19

Danielocean Wrote:Some more attempts...:

you would need to stretch the thumbs so they match up with the info border, and of course there would be need for some kind of borders for the info view.

but personally i would never use such a view. it simply does not kick me at all. i'm more for that beautiful fullscreen andy made:

without the info window:

fullscreen beauty:

it's a matter of taste, i guess. and of course of screen size. i even like the fact that it does not fill up the whole screen with grapical intense. eyes need to rest & focus on something.

- azido - 2009-09-19

Danielocean Wrote:Where are the settings for that grey background (plot & thumb)... i can't find it... would like to make it a little bit darker for better reading... and of course a nicer border...

and my second question: is it possible to edit the non-central posters?! I'd like to make them a little bit smaller...

i hope you understand that we won't give any support to those who modifiy the mod, as this is no development thread in here like the alaska thread Wink

feel free to modify your version to the hearts content, good luck in doing so, but i will concentrate on the official version when it comes to questions.

- rj_connor - 2009-09-19

Could do with some help please, first off love the skin but having a few issues
The first is, see the screen above the one posted by azido it show a fanart back ground but a different smaller image in the discription box, how do i add the extra image.

- dvanburen - 2009-09-19

rj_connor Wrote:Could do with some help please, first off love the skin but having a few issues
The first is, see the screen above the one posted by azido it show a fanart back ground but a different smaller image in the discription box, how do i add the extra image.

Inside the movie folder create a new folder named 'extrathumbs' (minus the quotes Tongue) Place your additional fanart/thumbnails in this folder. Name the files 'thumb1.jpg thumb2.jpg ... thumb10.jpg' etc. Most media managers can do this for you when scraping content.