Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-20

zeus[x];405322 Wrote:hi all,

Two questions.

my directory is:
movieName/movieName.avi
movieName/movieName-trailer.avi

is that correct? i can't see the trailers :S

about info. on multiplex view. i can see just a part of the info text, how do i scrool up and down the text?

Thanks!

for the trailer: you need to reload the corresponding movie so xbmc gets knowledge about your trailer. if it appears in the info screen, you will be able to play it in multiplex view (as long as there is no "," (comma) in the filename or dirname of the movie)

for plot/review you should enable "allow scrolling for plot/bio/review info" in settings -> advanced -> views.

- DarkMasterCh1ef - 2009-09-20

@azido,
ich hatte das schon verstanden,aber ich bekamm meine Version nicht problemlos geupdatet!
Es stürzte direkt ab nachdem ich auf Filme ging!
Hab danach rausgefunden es lag an meine source.xml die ich von meiner alten version übernehmen wollte.
trotzdem danke das du mir nicht einfach kurz gesagt hast was es sein könnte,statt zu schreiben das ich die wiki lesen soll.....

- azido - 2009-09-20

rj_connor Wrote:Right ok so i have Stargate: The Ark of Truth showing as the name in xbmc the folder name is Stargate - The Ark Of Truth (2008) and the file names are Stargate-The-Ark-Of-Truth-cd1.avi and Stargate-The-Ark-Of-Truth-cd2.avi. The movies are stored on a local drive I: so the movie folder in settings is set to there. Do i need to run a update library?

Stargate: The Ark of Truth

the big one is your problem.

Name the files as: Stargate - The Ark Of Truth-cd1.avi and Stargate - The Ark Of Truth-cd2.avi.

after that, RENAME the MOVIE to be also Stargate - The Ark Of Truth.

all will be fine then.

- azido - 2009-09-20

DarkMasterCh1ef Wrote:@azido,
ich hatte das schon verstanden,aber ich bekamm meine Version nicht problemlos geupdatet!
Es stürzte direkt ab nachdem ich auf Filme ging!
Hab danach rausgefunden es lag an meine source.xml die ich von meiner alten version übernehmen wollte.
trotzdem danke das du mir nicht einfach kurz gesagt hast was es sein könnte,statt zu schreiben das ich die wiki lesen soll.....

english please. respect the forum rules.

i told you to read the wiki because of you behaviour in here, which made me think you are a novice when it comes to xbmc and this skin and you really need to get the basics. it was no response on a special issue you told about. in fact, ppl that tell they have no background do not know they need a recent svn version to get them. even logictester told you about that.

if i would talk to everybody about such simple issues that are already written down, i would most likely do nothing else the whole day.
now stop flaming and get yourself familiar with the program/skin.

if you have a real issue not mentioned in the wiki (i know it's incomplete), i'm still here to help you out.

- zwat - 2009-09-20

hmmm long time since last updete on git. any idea when it gets an update?
i would like to request a change in name on the music album\songs\artist info. replace songs with tracks. atleast i think calling it a song it needs singing in it and i got alot of albums without singing. also you got mixcds that is one file and thats far away from one song. so thats why i wanna suggest that songs get changed to tracks. or if you don't wanna do that could u please tell me what file i can change?

- azido - 2009-09-20

zwat Wrote:hmmm long time since last updete on git. any idea when it gets an update?
i would like to request a change in name on the music album\songs\artist info. replace songs with tracks. atleast i think calling it a song it needs singing in it and i got alot of albums without singing. also you got mixcds that is one file and thats far away from one song. so thats why i wanna suggest that songs get changed to tracks. or if you don't wanna do that could u please tell me what file i can change?

we're working hard on version 2.0 and would be finished, if i wouldn't find new issues every day Big Grin also, andy decided to do some redesigning (especially on textures for all kinds of dialogs and the recently added stuff) which also needs time to verify everything is correct and more fixing if it isn't.

anyway, i guess it's only a matter of days now.

for your request: that's nothing spectacular to do. open /language/english/strings.xml (or your desired language) and search for

<string id="31939">SONGS</string>
<string id="31716">SONG TITLE</string>

and replace them to your liking.

if that does not change, it's part of the xbmc language dir. we cannot change that, but you could for yourself,too.

- zwat - 2009-09-20

yea i feel too that some dialogs should be redesigned. here is a few of my thoughts.

volume dialog: too big background maybe 1\10 is used. maybe speaker icon with % volum on top instead of having it on the right of icon.
updeate library dialog: guess just an icon would be enough no need for dl artist\album\movie\tv info
info when play dialog: maybe add current clock and finish clock and shrink the background. i don't see the point in having big borders.

if possible have a update library button on submenu

Issue with fillscreen - DataVamp - 2009-09-21

Hey guys,

I just upgraded to the most recent verision of Showmix and SVN 22516 but now I can't get XBMC to start in fullscreen mode. Any ideas what might be going on? I've even tried downgrading to earlier SVN's but even that wont help.

- phil65 - 2009-09-21

DataVamp Wrote:Hey guys,

I just upgraded to the most recent verision of Showmix and SVN 22516 but now I can't get XBMC to start in fullscreen mode. Any ideas what might be going on? I've even tried downgrading to earlier SVN's but even that wont help.

you used xbmc.exe -fs ?

- azido - 2009-09-21

DataVamp Wrote:Hey guys,

that's really nothing to do with the skin, man.. Huh

- azido - 2009-09-21

zwat Wrote:yea i feel too that some dialogs should be redesigned. here is a few of my thoughts.

volume dialog: too big background maybe 1\10 is used. maybe speaker icon with % volum on top instead of having it on the right of icon.
updeate library dialog: guess just an icon would be enough no need for dl artist\album\movie\tv info
info when play dialog: maybe add current clock and finish clock and shrink the background. i don't see the point in having big borders.

if possible have a update library button on submenu

your thoughts are welcome, but too late (at least for 2.0).

Big Grin

Quote:updeate library dialog: guess just an icon would be enough no need for dl artist\album\movie\tv info

absolutely no. i (and many others too) would like to see what's going on and where it is at updating.
maybe we can add an option to suppress info about updating at all.

- DataVamp - 2009-09-21

temmi2000 Wrote:you used xbmc.exe -fs ?

Yea, always have. But even using -fs it opens in windowed mode.

azido Wrote:that's really nothing to do with the skin, man.. Huh

Any idea what it might be? I figured it as the SVN at first, but even downgrading isn't helping Oo

- azido - 2009-09-21

DataVamp Wrote:Any idea what it might be? I figured it as the SVN at first, but even downgrading isn't helping Oo

never had that trouble, so: no, sorry. maybe removing guisettings.xml helps?

- taxigps - 2009-09-21

andyblac Wrote:If you want to make use of Extrathumbs with SPANNED (STACKED) movies, follow this guide:

1. go to your movies library, note the name of the film, say "V For Vendetta".
2. Make sure the folder is named EXACTLY the same as the title of the movie (Note: you can edit movie title in xbmc to match your directory)

My Movies Folder
+ V For Vendetta
...V For Vendetta.cd1.avi
...V For Vendetta.cd2.avi
...+ extrathumbs
..... thumb1.jpg
..... thumb2.jpg

2. Go back to XBMC, and go to customize > advanced > showmix and set the Movie folder location to the path of your movies folder "My Movies Folder"

3. If you renamed any folders, you need update the movie library so xbmc finds the new location. You may need to "remove" the old V for Vendetta first, otherwise you will end up with two V for Vendettas...
4. Go back to "V for Vendetta" in the movie library, wait for the info trigger, enjoy your thumbnails..

NOTE: Avoid using movie titles with characters like ".", "," and ":" etc.. inside. You'll have to rename those to "-" or something. On Windows, ":" is not a valid character for file/folder names, and if there is a comma in your directory,
your TRAILER will not show up inside the views, no matter what you do. So:
"Master and Commander: Far side of the World" -> "Master and Commander - Far side of the world"
"Monsters, Inc." -> "Monsters Inc"
I suggest you check the nfo for each movie, or rename the movie in XBMC and folder names etc to match..

I think we unnecessary to use so complex method like this to deal with Extrathumbs in the future. listitem.path can return correct path after r23016(http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/23016) .

- soder - 2009-09-21

adriank99 Wrote:Just a little bug, pulling down H.264 PNG and HDDVD PNG i think.

(Same for all HDDVD Tagged movies)

Restart. Happens often.

/Söder