Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-09-21

Danielocean Wrote:don't understand me in a wrong way... i like the mod and i like the wiki... but for me (and a lot of other users), i don't need this wiki any more, cause the usage is clear... i think that wiki is really necessary for new users who use this skin/mod at the first time...
So i don't look regularly at the wiki, but i look regularly to the first page of this thread...

it's an easy way for everyone to take the recommended svn next to the download button, isn't i?!

ok... i thought it is maybe a skin bug...

But let's go to this mod again... an maybe an other problem...
Firstly, i realy like that look!!! really a great work....

but what about the poster/preview on the right side?! for a preview its not the correct format... an a poster like an DVD cover or something else is not really a clever at this position... so i think you should edit the format for tahe preview... and then it's perfect!!!

At this screen, there is the same problem: the poster format...
Another idea: is there a possibility to toggle the icon "all seasions"?!

All seasons can be disabled in the advancedsettings file.

In ShowMix settings you can set an option to use Posters for ShowMix. That will give you the right ratio for your posters.

But for List, I think its only for Poster or the CD-cover. No 16:9 format as in a preview.

/Söder

- zwat - 2009-09-21

on a clean version of showmix v2
selecting muliplex view on movies genre i get no text. select one genre and i get both text and poster (atleast the no poster issue is not anymore)
no text on wallview either and only fullscreen list view works
on fullscreen list view the clock\date bar is underneath the background

other gets this result?

- Danielocean - 2009-09-21

there is no advancedsettings.xml?!

- phil65 - 2009-09-21

Danielocean Wrote:there is no advancedsettings.xml?!

there is, but not in the skin folder. read the xbmc wiki

- zwat - 2009-09-21

actually it ain't one but u need to make one Tongue

- zwat - 2009-09-21

so far i'm not too happy about the white\gray border around all the graphics.

- soder - 2009-09-21

zwat Wrote:so far i'm not too happy about the white\gray border around all the graphics.

Damned what some of you are pity. =)

If Andy like it, then that's the way it is. =)

/Söder

- adriank99 - 2009-09-21

adriank99 Wrote:Just a little bug, pulling down H.264 PNG and HDDVD PNG i think.

(Same for all HDDVD Tagged movies)

still having this problem in the 2.0, anyone else getting this issue?

also couple more issues:

For the "Season" button (Page up) its somehow duplicating whatever is to the left of it. So my season 1 image is duplicated onto the "season" image.

Also, the INFO UNAVAILABLE is overlapping.

In 2.0 is the tv posters only limited to 5? How come it doesn't show all of them, for example i have 7 season?

- azido - 2009-09-21

Danielocean Wrote:don't understand me in a wrong way... i like the mod and i like the wiki... but for me (and a lot of other users), i don't need this wiki any more, cause the usage is clear...

now, don't get me wrong:

you try to sound like being already an experienced user, but you aren't. else you would know about advancedsettings.xml and it's usage, and 2 out of 3 of the reported issues you told would have been already fixed for you, since you would know about the required settings in showmix.

so see for yourself: you also need the wiki. atm it's not complete, but once it is, it will cover 99,9% of the questions that are asked in here. at least, that's the goal.

plus: new features/views/switches/options will go into the wiki and not into first post of this thread. the first post is an introduction, but not a manual. even the portion regarding extrathumbs is already too much.

so my final statement is: if you get stuck with the usage of showmix, or don't know a setting, take a look at the wiki. i guess it's well-structured enough (if not, tell me otherwise) so you can go to desired section from everywhere.

if it's not in the wiki, most obviously it won't be in the first post, too. that's when you can ask here.

i hope we can end this kinda useless "but i want.." discussion now. Rolleyes

Quote:but what about the poster/preview on the right side?! for a preview its not the correct format... an a poster like an DVD cover or something else is not really a clever at this position... so i think you should edit the format for tahe preview... and then it's perfect!!!
yes, i can see the problem in here. when turning off poster, the picture still is stretched, thus getting out its original aspect. thing is, neither me nor andy use list view for episodes, so we missed that one.this should be easy to fix.

edit: fixed. go get the update Wink

Quote:At this screen, there is the same problem: the poster format...

the only thing you are missing here is to set "tv poster view" in advanced -> views. as i can see you are using season thumbs here, so enabling that setting will get you the correct proportions.

finally: against better knowlegde, i will put info about useful advancedsettings.xml settings in a faq portion of the wiki - so another reason to keep looking into it Wink

- >>X<< - 2009-09-21

This is a very nice release especially performance wise I can see a lot of work has gone into this, but I would love an option to turn off the pop up letter when scrolling as I hate it with a passion Laugh

I guess the list selection isn't meant to look like this in the menu though :laugh

Anyway great work

- azido - 2009-09-21

>>X<<' Wrote:This is a very nice release especially performance wise I can see a lot of work has gone into this, but I would love an option to turn off the pop up letter when scrolling as I hate it with a passion Laugh

I guess the list selection isn't meant to look like this in the menu though :laugh

Anyway great work

might become an option one day Tongue

the selection is meant to be like this. was indicating fullscreen list view, now it's a placeholder for the upcoming low list.. Smile

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-09-21

azido Wrote:the selection is meant to be like this. was indicating fullscreen list view, now it's a placeholder for the upcoming low list.. Smile

ok I see now, how did I miss that what a plonker Eek

- azido - 2009-09-21

adriank99 Wrote:still having this problem in the 2.0, anyone else getting this issue?

also couple more issues:

For the "Season" button (Page up) its somehow duplicating whatever is to the left of it. So my season 1 image is duplicated onto the "season" image.

Also, the INFO UNAVAILABLE is overlapping.

In 2.0 is the tv posters only limited to 5? How come it doesn't show all of them, for example i have 7 season?

is it possible you have anything related to sddvd or hddvd in filename? it looks like you get a double entry here, one from filename, one from nfo data.

for your screenshot: initially, the season that will inherit another cover doesn't display one, right? it's missing it's own thumb (looks like it even is not scraped from tvdb yet, as there is no info at all.) to me this looks like most obviously your database is in trouble. there is no limit to only show 5 seasons either:

..nor is there a plan to have such one.

if i were you, i would go to your sources dir(s) for tv shows, set it's content to "NONE" so your shows get removed from database, then set content to tv shows again and rescan for content.

pre - pre - pre alpha screen of upcoming low list view - azido - 2009-09-21

did i mention it is a pre-alpha screen? it is.

idea: have a view that shows most of the fanart in a list-like environment.

could become very handy for season selection and track-view in music albums, or any situation where you have a small amount of items and don't want to fill the whole screen with empty textures..

note the mix between a standard list and the one that is selected becomes extended. i like it.

extended info (plot/review/you name it) might slide in by a trigger.

edit: another screenshot after some reworking done: low list alpha 2

again: this is pre alpha, no questions like "when can i use it" please.

- psike - 2009-09-22

I've got a little problem with the ShowMix fonts. The fonts pack has no support for Hebrew characters. I'm using XBMC in English but some of my movies titles are in Hebrew and this skin not showing them or showing XXXX instead.
There is a fonts pack that I've found in some Hebrew forum that fix that very similar but not the same size so it's mess it up a little.

Here some screenshots so you'll know what i'm talking about:
The movie title at the bottom of the screen suppose to be in Hebrew but theres xx instead with official fonts for ShowMix.
Image Image

With the Hebrew pack the unwatched status is not on place. and all the menu is messed up.
Image Image

Is it possible for you making this fonts with Hebrew support or if not is there a way to reduce fonts size in the skin?