Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-09-22

adriank99 Wrote:still having this problem in the 2.0, anyone else getting this issue?

also couple more issues:

For the "Season" button (Page up) its somehow duplicating whatever is to the left of it. So my season 1 image is duplicated onto the "season" image.

Also, the INFO UNAVAILABLE is overlapping.

In 2.0 is the tv posters only limited to 5? How come it doesn't show all of them, for example i have 7 season?

My logos are also in each other sometimes. I then need to restart.

Duplicated posters do I also have. It's when one season don't have a poster, it borrow it from a neighbor.

No limits to 5? Sure it's not that easy that you just don't show already watched seasons?

/Söder

- logictester - 2009-09-22

psike Wrote:I've got a little problem with the ShowMix fonts. The fonts pack has no support for Hebrew characters. I'm using XBMC in English but some of my movies titles are in Hebrew and this skin not showing them or showing XXXX instead.
There is a fonts pack that I've found in some Hebrew forum that fix that very similar but not the same size so it's mess it up a little.

Here some screenshots so you'll know what i'm talking about:
The movie title at the bottom of the screen suppose to be in Hebrew but theres xx instead with official fonts for ShowMix.
Image Image

With the Hebrew pack the unwatched status is not on place. and all the menu is messed up.
Image Image

Is it possible for you making this fonts with Hebrew support or if not is there a way to reduce fonts size in the skin?

if you are using hebrew fonts - use hebrew as a language:

- azido - 2009-09-22

psike Wrote:I've got a little problem with the ShowMix fonts. The fonts pack has no support for Hebrew characters.
Is it possible for you making this fonts with Hebrew support or if not is there a way to reduce fonts size in the skin?

LaughLaugh

sorry for laughing, but showmix had and has support for hebrew language since nearly day one by logictester Wink

as he said: use your language if you use your language Tongue

for self-adjusting font sizes, have a look into 720p/Fonts.xml.

btw: are you using an ordinary 4:3 setup? your screenshots are terrible out of aspect, man..

- Danielocean - 2009-09-22

@ azido:

thanx for you help!!!

btw... the low-list alpha looks very very good!!!

- azido - 2009-09-22

Danielocean Wrote:@ azido:

thanx for you help!!!

btw... the low-list alpha looks very very good!!!

you're welcome, mate.

we just had some brainstorming regarding low list yesterday, and we came up with really interesting ideas like sliding-in plot (or review for music) and even sliding-in trailer window, all triggered by arrows, which will lead to satisfy all those ppl that asked for more fanart visibility;

but to me the most promising use of such a view resides in using it for situations where you don't have much items to display in a list (like i.e. artist's albums are only a few, tv shows with no more than a few seasons). all current views use a lot of texture to just make room for a many items displaying at once, leading to much empty space on screen where there aren't many - so this will be a great addition. Nod

- zwat - 2009-09-22

low list looks good.
what about not having the selected movie as 2 lines with extra info and rather have all the info down at the floor? have max five movies in list and the selected always center. lift up the list view to be at same hight from the bottom as cover. shrink the width of the list maybe just have the movie name and no other info in list and title scrolling if to long. shrink the poster to like multiplex size or same hight as the list. that way u see more of the fanart.
would it be possible to have like a alphabet scrolling to quick jump to that letter (kinda like creative zen has on it's library)? that could be on the left side of the list.

- azido - 2009-09-22

zwat Wrote:low list looks good.
what about not having the selected movie as 2 lines with extra info and rather have all the info down at the floor? have max five movies in list and the selected always center. lift up the list view to be at same hight from the bottom as cover. shrink the width of the list maybe just have the movie name and no other info in list and title scrolling if to long. shrink the poster to like multiplex size or same hight as the list. that way u see more of the fanart.
would it be possible to have like a alphabet scrolling to quick jump to that letter (kinda like creative zen has on it's library)? that could be on the left side of the list.

thanks for your feedback.

actually, we are not nailed down when it comes to dimensions of either the list or the thumb, and you and i share the interest of not using up too much space onscreen for the list.

but remember we also need a) a widescreen thumb for episodes and b) an album thumb for music, so a poster obviously has to be bigger than the list compared to the other thumbs.

maybe the album and widescreen thumb will be arranged to be in the same height and vertical position like the list.

personally i like the idea of extending the selected item. as you think further, we can place some info in there that otherwise would need to be outside the list to be displayed (like rating and some flags, director n stuff already seen in screenshot).

finally, atm we think about positioning the scrolling popup letter at bottom left, in the currently free area. quick jump to letters simply is impossible, as some keys (for example "C" bringing up context menu and "I" bringing up fullscreen info) are already in use. We can only use a scroll bar or defined page up/page down "jumps", the latter should be already assigned to keys on your remote.

- zwat - 2009-09-22

about letter scrolling. i didn't mean a popup scrolling letter, but a scrolling letter that u select to jump to first movie with that letter. like u see the Z A B in vertical position and u go left to scroll alphabet. when pushing down to B the movie title list jumps to first movie on B. then the letter scrolling list shows A B C. i haven't seen this on any skin on xbmc so it's probably not a supported feature Big Grin

before i started with library mode and aeon i just thought today i'm gonna watch a movie that starts with r and had to scroll the list to find titles with r. if there was a letter scroll it would take much less time to get there.

about poster size. do tvshow\music\movie posters need to be in different hight? can't just the width varies or will that look crap with different aspect ratios?

about extended selection. i don't think seeing the director on selected movie is important information. that is anyway shown in the info popup. all other information like rating, runtime, year etc could be put on the floor.
and on the subject of the info popup. i would love to see another setup with three panes with movie info\plot\cast as an alternative. i don't care much for extra thumbs or trailers but more interested in who's playing in it.

- patkhoo - 2009-09-22

zwat Wrote:about letter scrolling. i didn't mean a popup scrolling letter, but a scrolling letter that u select to jump to first movie with that letter. like u see the Z A B in vertical position and u go left to scroll alphabet. when pushing down to B the movie title list jumps to first movie on B. then the letter scrolling list shows A B C. i haven't seen this on any skin on xbmc so it's probably not a supported feature Big Grin

before i started with library mode and aeon i just thought today i'm gonna watch a movie that starts with r and had to scroll the list to find titles with r. if there was a letter scroll it would take much less time to get there.

+1 for this..

I like the proposed Low-List. It's great! But I'd like to ask for some devel-time to look into Big-List issues as well.

I already have more then 330 movies in my library. I'm waiting for some free time to upgrade to Win7 from XP so I can migrate to a larger volume (past the 2TiB limit). When that is done, I'll slowly add another 300-600 movies into the library.

I LOVE Showmix, it looks fantastic, but imagine scrolling through a 500 movie list with my remote. Yes I know about filters and smart playlists etc, but the fact is, if I'm trying to decide which movie to watch, and I've some ideas (but not 100% sure) which movie (Should I watch Transformers, or V for Vendetta, or Gattaca, or Shawshank, or Definitely, Maybe, or Austin Powers, or..?) scrolling around (without filters) would be how I'd do it.

I mean, Showmix auto-info popup shows me (and my mates) lots of info etc which is exactly what I need when deciding what show I want to watch, but it takes forever to jump from one point in the list to another if I have a big list.

Just IMHO..

- azido - 2009-09-22

zwat Wrote:about letter scrolling. i didn't mean a popup scrolling letter, but a scrolling letter that u select to jump to first movie with that letter. like u see the Z A B in vertical position and u go left to scroll alphabet. when pushing down to B the movie title list jumps to first movie on B. then the letter scrolling list shows A B C. i haven't seen this on any skin on xbmc so it's probably not a supported feature Big Grin

i don't know if something like this is doable. If i get you right now what you want is a list of alphabetic letters visible onscreen, being browsable just like a scrollbar would be, but with letters which, when pressing select, moves the list to the first movie starting with that letter.

that's a damned nice idea in theory. thing is: first, you need a trigger to switch focus to that selection - now the arrow keys are already in use: up/down for scrolling list, left for bringing up the vertical menu, right for sliding in the additional info. how could one go into that selection in an intuitive way? and: i don't know if one list can control the display position of another list; and what happens if there is no entry for the letter you select? jump to first entry in list? do nothing? looks like being much of a code to cover all circumstances. but worth asking maybe in the skinning development thread. might even need some additional support from xbmc itself. but still: a good idea. could be even expanded to all views if it's doable with ease.

Quote:about poster size. do tvshow\music\movie posters need to be in different hight? can't just the width varies or will that look crap with different aspect ratios?
go check how it's handled for displaying the recently added movie/episodes/album thumbs. i'd like to have something consistant to that for sure. to me it just doesn't look right if the movie poster gets shrinked significantly smaller than an album or episode thumb does.

Quote:about extended selection. i don't think seeing the director on selected movie is important information. that is anyway shown in the info popup. all other information like rating, runtime, year etc could be put on the floor.
and on the subject of the info popup. i would love to see another setup with three panes with movie info\plot\cast as an alternative. i don't care much for extra thumbs or trailers but more interested in who's playing in it.
i'll ask andy to think about that. especially cast could be interesting, as long as it does not introduce another list into the view. too much code then.

- azido - 2009-09-22

patkhoo Wrote:I LOVE Showmix, it looks fantastic, but imagine scrolling through a 500 movie list with my remote.

don't need to imagine Rolleyes if i have the time to scrape all available media here, i'm talking about thousands of items, so i know exactly what you mean..

but the more i think about zwat's idea, which is a good one, the more i think instead of a hacky workaround (one list controlling another) it would be much easier and less coding if xbmc itself would support what i would call "letter jumping" by assigning keys like page up/page down to jump from one letter to the next. would be easy for anyone to assign those to 2 keys on the remote, one for up, one for down then.

maybe someone other than me is willing to put it as a feature request on trac?

- zwat - 2009-09-22

actually the different info views could need a redesign. if most of the technical info is put down at the floor it could be removed from the info. and maybe keep the design as it is now with poster\thumb\trailer etc and just replace runtime\rating\imdb\ genre with cast?

- Danielocean - 2009-09-22

a very nice idea... maybe it's doable...

zwat Wrote:about extended selection. i don't think seeing the director on selected movie is important information. that is anyway shown in the info popup.
me too... not really interesting on first look

zwat Wrote:all other information like rating, runtime, year etc could be put on the floor.
runtime and year is for me more important as rating or subtitles... for me ;-)

zwat Wrote:and on the subject of the info popup. i would love to see another setup with three panes with movie info\plot\cast as an alternative. i don't care much for extra thumbs or trailers but more interested in who's playing in it.
sounds great! plot, cast is important for me also... but trailer & thumbs too... but the idea is very good

- azido - 2009-09-22

zwat Wrote:actually the different info views could need a redesign. if most of the technical info is put down at the floor it could be removed from the info. and maybe keep the design as it is now with poster\thumb\trailer etc and just replace runtime\rating\imdb\ genre with cast?

which "technical info" for you is part of the info screen and where do you want to see it on the floor as it typically is already filled with flags? also, i would like to keep an eye on one topic at once. as nice as it is to have a look inside your wishes, i don't like unfinished discussions.

- azido - 2009-09-22

@danielocean:

you requested to be able to start trailers without the need to deal with the resume feature.. so they always start from the beginning.

here's a quick fix to get this behaviour:

open Viewtype_Multiplex.xml, browse to line 102 and replace

Code:
<onfocus>PlayMedia($INFO
[ListItem.Trailer],1)</onfocus>

with

Code:
<onfocus>PlayMedia($INFO
[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume)</onfocus>

restart xbmc and it will start trailers from the beginning, still being able to resume the real movies.