Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- GreggieM - 2009-09-22

I installed xbmc built 22516, i get a fresh clone of the mod and I purged (how do i cleanup the guisettings?)

But now, some of my music albums doens't play anymore (after clicking on the album the list doesn't show up). Does someone have the same problems?

Quote:Originally Posted by zwat
about letter scrolling. i didn't mean a popup scrolling letter, but a scrolling letter that u select to jump to first movie with that letter. like u see the Z A B in vertical position and u go left to scroll alphabet. when pushing down to B the movie title list jumps to first movie on B. then the letter scrolling list shows A B C. i haven't seen this on any skin on xbmc so it's probably not a supported feature

Absolutly +1 Big Grin

Grtz

Greg

EDIT: Nevermind, I already fixed it.

- azido - 2009-09-22

GreggieM Wrote:(how do i cleanup the guisettings?)

by deleting everything in between <skinsettings> and </skinsettings> that is related to this mod in guisettings.xml.

Big Grin

- patkhoo - 2009-09-22

azido Wrote:but the more i think about zwat's idea, which is a good one, the more i think instead of a hacky workaround (one list controlling another) it would be much easier and less coding if xbmc itself would support what i would call "letter jumping" by assigning keys like page up/page down to jump from one letter to the next. would be easy for anyone to assign those to 2 keys on the remote, one for up, one for down then.

Hey Matt, you already shot down the "press letter/key to jump to alpha" idea - and I agree with you. Many keys on the keyboard are already assigned to specific functions in XBMC, and while ppl like me with a remote + keyboard wouldn't care as much, those with only a keyboard would be a little pissed.. Press "I" for info, but "CTRL-I" to jump to letter I? What if CTRL-I was mapped to something else? I don't think XBMC devs would go for such a thing. I wouldn't.

ATM, if you are in a movie list, and the movie you are viewing does not have a trailer, pressing down brings up the "horizontal scroll bar". Now, if you can change that to an alpha list, that might make things better. I haven't the faintest idea if that is possible or not, but if you could... BTW, if you do have a trailer on that movie, down plays the trailer, but you can no longer get the horizontal scroll bar... Need to move to another movie with no trailers.. duh... Shocked

Anyhow, in the midst of excellent stuff like Low-List, I just wanted to ask for some thought/dev-time to focus on Big-List needs is all.. Rolleyes

- zwat - 2009-09-22

azido Wrote:which "technical info" for you is part of the info screen and where do you want to see it on the floor as it typically is already filled with flags? also, i would like to keep an eye on one topic at once. as nice as it is to have a look inside your wishes, i don't like unfinished discussions.
yea i probably got a bid ahead of my self there. based may thoughts on the new alpha look with the flags that is on mutiplex and totally forgot how much space the genre and title take from the floor.

standard floor on all views: take the multiplex flags and add runtime and year. take away the title and genre. should still be space for like three more flags.
info on info popup: you can remove runtime, genre, rating, imdb from the info popup. i already see this info is removed from the fullscreen info so could be removed from not fullscreen.

in the low list alpha: have title on 5 movies and selected have two lines where you add the genre.

on full list: don't have the list covering the floor so you can have all flags showing like lowlist.

on multiplex:
<need a way to display title and genre here. can't think of a good one right now.>

on wall: if possible have a fixed vertical position (maybe third column from the left and have title and genre on the right of the poster.

settings: disable flags removes the floor to show off more of the fanart.

just my thoughts. i'm not a designer or creative person so it might be all wrong. Big Grin

- azido - 2009-09-22

patkhoo Wrote:ATM, if you are in a movie list, and the movie you are viewing does not have a trailer, pressing down brings up the "horizontal scroll bar". Now, if you can change that to an alpha list, that might make things better.

the difference between a scroll bar and such a "letter bar" is that on a scroll bar you simply move for a defined length inside list (say 10 items forward, 10 items back) whilst a letter bar would need more precise targets (first item starting with "F"). no idea how to code that.

Quote:Anyhow, in the midst of excellent stuff like Low-List, I just wanted to ask for some thought/dev-time to focus on Big-List needs is all.. Rolleyes

So u think the standard list view is no good? Or are you just referring to scrolling in huge lists in general..

As long as we don't come up with a "onscreen" solution, i really suggest you guys assign the page up / page down keys to keys on your remote (if possible), as those do practically the same as the visible scroll bar, at least jumping approx as much items as they are displayed on one page.

- Danielocean - 2009-09-22

azido Wrote:@danielocean:

you requested to be able to start trailers without the need to deal with the resume feature.. so they always start from the beginning.

here's a quick fix to get this behaviour:

open Viewtype_Multiplex.xml, browse to line 102 and replace

Code:
<onfocus>PlayMedia($INFO
[ListItem.Trailer],1)</onfocus>

with

Code:
<onfocus>PlayMedia($INFO
[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume)</onfocus>

restart xbmc and it will start trailers from the beginning, still being able to resume the real movies.

EXTREEEEEEMLY THANX !!! Nod Nod Nod
it works perfect !!!

edit: will that change be in the next updates, or should i change this line by myself?!
if nobody needs a trailer resume, only for movies so you can put it in next updates

- azido - 2009-09-22

zwat Wrote:yea i probably got a bid ahead of my self there. based may thoughts on the new alpha look with the flags that is on mutiplex and totally forgot how much space the genre and title take from the floor.

standard floor on all views: take the multiplex flags and add runtime and year. take away the title and genre. should still be space for like three more flags.
info on info popup: you can remove runtime, genre, rating, imdb from the info popup. i already see this info is removed from the fullscreen info so could be removed from not fullscreen.

in the low list alpha: have title on 5 movies and selected have two lines where you add the genre.

on full list: don't have the list covering the floor so you can have all flags showing like lowlist.

on multiplex:
<need a way to display title and genre here. can't think of a good one right now.>

on wall: if possible have a fixed vertical position (maybe third column from the left and have title and genre on the right of the poster.

settings: disable flags removes the floor to show off more of the fanart.

just my thoughts. i'm not a designer or creative person so it might be all wrong. Big Grin

right now only replying on multiplex suggestions:

for the removal of info in the info popup (nice sentence, haha): i'm pretty sure the second we do that we'll get many complaints from people that do not want to trigger video information display to gain such informations.

remember: beside the look, the multiplex info is designed to display as much info as it can hold without it being overloaded. so for most of your requests, the different views will basically only be variations for displaying the plot and some kind of thumbs then , not being any more informative at all. the fullscreen multiplex is just an addition for having a bigger view. for "standard" muliplex right now the difference is both the amount and type of info that is displayed, with the goal to serve different people's need of what info they want to have onscreen simply by browsing. if we move down all informations to the floor, what will the info popup be good for at all then?

what i really came up with on a longer usage of showmix is: multiplex for music and season/episode lib becomes boring - there is not much info to display on, and so we have a big texture with small amount of content. that suxx. andy agreed on that, so this will change for sure. just tell me how to make a day last 52 hours instead of 24, and we go for it.

i will concentrate on multiplex view for music to create something stunning in there, suggestions and mockups aimed at me are very welcome.

but first, we design a (hopefully) pretty new viewtype called low list.

that browsing on huge collections: absolutely understandable, no doubt. but i feel this is something that has to be fixed for xbmc in general and not to be done by tricky/hacky skin workarounds. else i'm pretty sure real talented skinners like jezze_x and djh had them implemented already.

- rj_connor - 2009-09-22

I realy want to get rid of the All Seasons Icon/Poster/Button i read that you can remove it by using advancedsettings.xml so i search the wikis but could not find a ref to it. Can you tell me what it should be.

- zwat - 2009-09-22

it would be good for what u say plot, (cast) and thumbs\trailers. think all the flags is useful information no matter what layout u prefer. u basically have two looks with two variations each. u have the list view, where u brows with text, with or low + fanart or full list or the mutiplex\wall view, where u brows with posters. with posters+fanart or just posters.

- zwat - 2009-09-22

rj_connor Wrote:I realy want to get rid of the All Seasons Icon/Poster/Button i read that you can remove it by using advancedsettings.xml so i search the wikis but could not find a ref to it. Can you tell me what it should be.
try here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml

- rj_connor - 2009-09-22

Thats where i went but which one is the correct one?

- zwat - 2009-09-22

ohh thats more than i know. maybe <hideallitems> not sure.

- rausch101 - 2009-09-22

zwat Wrote:try here
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml

Taken from that link:

Code:
<videolibrary>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>  <!-- removes the "*All" items from library
</videolibrary>

- rj_connor - 2009-09-22

Cool, thanks for that.

- soder - 2009-09-22

rj_connor Wrote:I realy want to get rid of the All Seasons Icon/Poster/Button i read that you can remove it by using advancedsettings.xml so i search the wikis but could not find a ref to it. Can you tell me what it should be.

<videolibrary>
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
</videolibrary>

/Söder