Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-23

the reflection looks good on thumbs with kinda dark colors:

..but on a brighter thumb, this just doesn't look right for me in terms of perspectives:

Changing genre posters - 12floz355 - 2009-09-24

Hi, I want to replace the grey and black genre posters with another set. Any help on how to do this? I figured I would just replace the images with the others and as long as they were named the same it would work. Problem is I can't find the images anywhere, not the media folder, not anywhere. Huh What am I missing here? Thanks for any ideas!!

- psike - 2009-09-24

logictester Wrote:3. i'm pretty sure it's an xbmc issue rather than the skin...

i've just chacked this with ShowMix V1.7 and it worked fine. so it's probably new version bug.

Here is a screenshot for the same show with V1.7

- patkhoo - 2009-09-24

azido Wrote:the reflection looks good on thumbs with kinda dark colors:

..but on a brighter thumb, this just doesn't look right for me in terms of perspectives:

I think if you angle it, you should not put a reflection, but if you make it straight, then yes there shouold be a reflection on the floor..

Either way, I think Low-List looks great.. but I'm still not very clear where it would be used? "In places where we need a short list"? And how short a list is short?

- logictester - 2009-09-24

patkhoo Wrote:I think if you angle it, you should not put a reflection, but if you make it straight, then yes there shouold be a reflection on the floor..

Either way, I think Low-List looks great.. but I'm still not very clear where it would be used? "In places where we need a short list"? And how short a list is short?

i think the lowlist point is to display the fanart as much as possible - so basically u can use where ever you want to enjoy your fanart, more then that - once it's done - it might become one of the more beautiful views in the skin Smile

- logictester - 2009-09-24

psike Wrote:i've just chacked this with ShowMix V1.7 and it worked fine. so it's probably new version bug.

Here is a screenshot for the same show with V1.7

please post xbmc debug log from the new version after trying to go into this series

- azido - 2009-09-24

patkhoo Wrote:I think if you angle it, you should not put a reflection, but if you make it straight, then yes there shouold be a reflection on the floor..

two lists come in my mind automatically:

- browsing artist -> albums. i have a lot of artists with 1-5 albums only.
- browsing tv-show -> season selection. same here, replace albums with seasons.

in both, any other view available is a waste of empty textures on top of the fanart or just looks like being "unfinished".

and like logictester said: it's a view for the fanart hungry, too.

- azido - 2009-09-24

12floz355 Wrote:Hi, I want to replace the grey and black genre posters with another set. Any help on how to do this? I figured I would just replace the images with the others and as long as they were named the same it would work. Problem is I can't find the images anywhere, not the media folder, not anywhere. Huh What am I missing here? Thanks for any ideas!!

you're missing the fact most of the textures and graphics went into xpr files, that's why you don't find them.

- patkhoo - 2009-09-24

logictester Wrote:i think the lowlist point is to display the fanart as much as possible - so basically u can use where ever you want to enjoy your fanart, more then that - once it's done - it might become one of the more beautiful views in the skin Smile

I agree.. It does look very enticing.

With that in mind, can we use Low-List to replace Wall or Standard-List views? I wonder if anyone using Aeon Showmix is actually using Wall or Standard-List views..

And, if on the left of the list of movies, you can have a vertical "A".."B".."C".."D".. tabs (hence navigable by arrow keys) it would be absolutely 150% totally awesome..

- azido - 2009-09-24

patkhoo Wrote:I agree.. It does look very enticing.

With that in mind, can we use Low-List to replace Wall or Standard-List views? I wonder if anyone using Aeon Showmix is actually using Wall or Standard-List views..

And, if on the left of the list of movies, you can have a vertical "A".."B".."C".."D".. tabs (hence navigable by arrow keys) it would be absolutely 150% totally awesome..

it is/will be selectable like any other view in all areas.

we'll look into such a browsing feature, but don't take that as a promise there will be one. we have to see if it's doable.

xbmc's skin engine is kind of limited in terms of list controlling.

i'm using list view for playlists and tracklists, and the wall view is handy on huge collections of movies/tv-shows.

- biadvul - 2009-09-24

azido Wrote:you're missing the fact most of the textures and graphics went into xpr files, that's why you don't find them.

I am glad to find your site - now I know what a good one looks like.
Very good topic to share with us. Great info.Wink
How to incorportate business online yourself | Articles of incorporation services | Why incorporating a small llc company?

- patkhoo - 2009-09-24

azido Wrote:it is/will be selectable like any other view in all areas.

Oh but of course.. Smile What I meant was to retire the Wall and/or Standard-List views from Aeon Showmix sections like Movies, Music, TV-Shows, etc.. seeing as how Low-List is so much better. OK, maybe not Wall, but Standard-List at least...

azido Wrote:we'll look into such a browsing feature, but don't take that as a promise there will be one. we have to see if it's doable.

xbmc's skin engine is kind of limited in terms of list controlling.

Understood.. Which is why I was suggesting looking into a "tab-ed" system instead of jumping within the same scrolling list. Tabs of Lists, each tab representing a letter. Selecting "tab A" brings up the Low-List of those movies with names matching "A*"... If it can be done nicely and seamlessly, why no one will ever know that it is not somehow a new "magical list" type thingy Big Grin

azido Wrote:i'm using list view for playlists and tracklists, and the wall view is handy on huge collections of movies/tv-shows.

In addition, I use Standard-List for "Just Plain File Browsing".

However, if we have nice backdrops, Low-List without fanart would still be visually attractive no? I agree that Standard-List has its uses, but if Low-List is well executed, then I can't see why it cannot replace Standard List in lots of places eventually.

- psike - 2009-09-24

logictester Wrote:please post xbmc debug log from the new version after trying to go into this series

Log here:
http://pastebin.com/m6983a3ed

- azido - 2009-09-24

patkhoo Wrote:Oh but of course.. Smile What I meant was to retire the Wall and/or Standard-List views from Aeon Showmix sections like Movies, Music, TV-Shows, etc.. seeing as how Low-List is so much better. OK, maybe not Wall, but Standard-List at least...

user preferences are really different, i see a lot of users that prefer extended list view for movies and seasons, so we have to keep them available.
Quote:Understood.. Which is why I was suggesting looking into a "tab-ed" system instead of jumping within the same scrolling list. Tabs of Lists, each tab representing a letter. Selecting "tab A" brings up the Low-List of those movies with names matching "A*"... If it can be done nicely and seamlessly, why no one will ever know that it is not somehow a new "magical list" type thingy Big Grin
i understand the idea behind this, but on a coder's point of view this sounds like a nightmare. you need to implement database queries to fill those "tabs" with data on a "life" basis, which imho can't be done without the use/execution of an external script every time you want to browse that list. also: different languages have a different amounts of letters, plus there are entries beginning with numbers. Thus we need a "life" decision how many tab points are available and which entries need to be in their corresponding tabs. too much variables, if you ask me. not to mention the time that would be needed before you can even begin browsing.

edit:
added this thread into xbmc feature request section of this forum. let's see what the devs are thinking about that.
Quote:However, if we have nice backdrops, Low-List without fanart would still be visually attractive no? I agree that Standard-List has its uses, but if Low-List is well executed, then I can't see why it cannot replace Standard List in lots of places eventually.
of course. but as i said, that's a matter of personal taste. and: standard list view is still the fastest one when it comes to browsing.

- azido - 2009-09-24

psike Wrote:Log here:
http://pastebin.com/m6983a3ed

do me a favour: go to settings -> system -> and enable debug logging. then post the results doing the same like you did before. your log on pastebin is the standard xbmc log.

what's that autoexec.py your copy is looking for?

as i mentioned before, it looks like your video database got corrupted. even extras.py is not able to execute it's queries on it and throws an error.

try making a backup of your existing database and move it outside on a safe place, then create a new database from scratch and see if that still occurs.