Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-24

biadvul Wrote:I am glad to find your site - now I know what a good one looks like.
Very good topic to share with us. Great info.Wink
[url=http://incorporatebusinessonline.org][/url]

which one are you referring to - the wiki?

- azido - 2009-09-24

according to "letter browsing":

NextLetter and PrevLetter actions can be assigned/mapped to keys.

if they can be used as buttons onscreen - would that serve your needs of letter browsing? or would you still want to select a specific letter to jump to?

Shift+Letter already jumps to the desired one.

- patkhoo - 2009-09-24

azido Wrote:according to "letter browsing":

NextLetter and PrevLetter actions can be assigned/mapped to keys.

if they can be used as buttons onscreen - would that serve your needs of letter browsing? or would you still want to select a specific letter to jump to?

Shift+Letter already jumps to the desired one.

Woah! I did not know that.. I gotta try it out.. ! Thanks man!

If this works, well, a button on screen for "Next" and "Prev" Letter would be nice to have, but not a must.. It would at least get rid of people who didn't know about these shortcuts..

Will test it out later when I get in front of the system..

- azido - 2009-09-24

patkhoo Wrote:Woah! I did not know that.. I gotta try it out.. ! Thanks man!

If this works, well, a button on screen for "Next" and "Prev" Letter would be nice to have, but not a must.. It would at least get rid of people who didn't know about these shortcuts..

neither did i. jmarshall was kind enough to tell me about those.

- rausch101 - 2009-09-24

azido Wrote:which one are you referring to - the wiki?

azido, I'm 99% sure that post was just spam

Also, I'm one of those users that does use the list/extended list view for movies/tv/music. Granted it doesn't look as nice as the more artistic views, but it's one of the most practical views for fast browsing.

- zwat - 2009-09-24

i liked the short list u had there azido. but add more flags and if possible have the movie selected in the middle of the list so u see the two movies before and the two movies next on the list.

damn i didn't study it enough. was lots of flags\info in the list, but i miss genre.

can u explain to me the imdb rating system with 5 stars?

- rausch101 - 2009-09-24

zwat Wrote:i liked the short list u had there azido. but add more flags and if possible have the movie selected in the middle of the list so u see the two movies before and the two movies next on the list.

damn i didn't study it enough. was lots of flags\info in the list, but i miss genre.

The stars are just coarse indications of the 0.00 - 10.00 rating system on IMDB, determined by rounding the rating number to the closest star increment. 5 Stars, 0-10 rating so each star has a 2.0 rating range (roughly)

My guess of how the numbers are rounded:

0 star -> Rating 0 to 0.99
1 star -> Rating 1.00 to 2.99
2 star -> Rating 3.00 to 4.99
3 star -> Rating 5.00 to 6.99
4 star -> Rating 7.00 to 8.99
5 star -> Rating 9.00 to 10

- azido - 2009-09-24

zwat Wrote:damn i didn't study it enough. was lots of flags\info in the list, but i miss genre.

we do not have any genre flag in our views.
the genre label will be displayed on top of the info window that comes up by trigger.

imdb rating: people vote on imdb how good or bad they think a movie is by adding their number in a range from 0 to 10 (0 baaad, 10 superb). the result is calculated by addition of rating numbers divided to number of voters.

you get that info while scraping.

if you ask me: kinda useless, as it depends on a) when you scrape and b) how often you rescrape in order to get accurate results.

i would like to see personal rating for movies and albums (not only songs) available in xbmc in the info dialog, like it is for tracks. especially for music it would enhance browsing albums by referring to your own taste.

- azido - 2009-09-24

rausch101 Wrote:azido, I'm 99% sure that post was just spam

Also, I'm one of those users that does use the list/extended list view for movies/tv/music. Granted it doesn't look as nice as the more artistic views, but it's one of the most practical views for fast browsing.

just as i thought later, yes. his post was missing sense.

that's what i said. standard list view is fast for browsing. in addition it is my preferred view (set to full) for music tracks because of the big letters Smile

- zwat - 2009-09-24

i know how imdb works. just how the xbmc star system work. kinda hard to get anything out of a 5 star system that is based on a 10 star system. will it be possible on that shortlist view to replace star system with number rating?

wasn't talking about genre flag but info. i feel genre is far more important than the director.

- azido - 2009-09-24

zwat Wrote:i know how imdb works. just how the xbmc star system work. kinda hard to get anything out of a 5 star system that is based on a 10 star system. will it be possible on that shortlist view to replace star system with number rating?

wasn't talking about genre flag but info. i feel genre is far more important than the director.

how about toggling these settings:

will give you numbered rating if enabled.

yes, genre is more important. but on unmodified scrapes it might be much longer than our list entry allows, and would start scrolling. we want a "stable/non scrolling" list, so genre went to info screen.

- zwat - 2009-09-24

i know about that setting and i use it just wanted to know if that will be supported in the shortlist view. i haven't tried any list view with ratings. what about putting genre back on the floor?

- azido - 2009-09-24

zwat Wrote:i know about that setting and i use it just wanted to know if that will be supported in the shortlist view. i haven't tried any list view with ratings. what about putting genre back on the floor?

maybe not, as long as it's only displayed in the list itself.. yes, if we display it as a flag.

dunno bout genre. we'll see.

- logictester - 2009-09-24

patkhoo Wrote:Woah! I did not know that.. I gotta try it out.. ! Thanks man!

try searching the forums for JumpSMS Browsing check this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=341128&postcount=6 - after setting it you can browse using numbers like you would in SMS message - i.e. 2 = A,B,C; 3 = E,F,G and so on - i use it on my htps - makes browsing that much easier

another progress view - azido - 2009-09-24

this time, low list movies with slided in info and 2 extrathumbs..

Wink