Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- zwat - 2009-09-24

looking good. is it possible to show extrathumbs if there are any available. kinda have one view for everyone just extra if there are anything to put in there. noting is worse then a empty background.

- azido - 2009-09-24

zwat Wrote:looking good. is it possible to show extrathumbs if there are any available. kinda have one view for everyone just extra if there are anything to put in there. noting is worse then a empty background.

actually those ARE extrathumbs. and of course they only show up if they are available. no placeholder.

- azido - 2009-09-24

music low list.

now with reflection. also now playing info slides in when music starts.

- zwat - 2009-09-24

awesome. then u could actually have 2 more on top of the current and one on top of poster.

- rausch101 - 2009-09-24

azido Wrote:music low list.

now with reflection. also now playing info slides in when music starts.

Wow...amazing work yet again. I think this along with the developing Alaska are the only skins with the 'now playing' widget (i suppose you could call it) being shown while browsing?

This is not a feature request, but a question: do you guys plan to add the 'now playing' widget to any other views/sections/menus?

- azido - 2009-09-24

zwat Wrote:awesome. then u could actually have 2 more on top of the current and one on top of poster.

beware of the fact that the extrathumbs stay when available. they do not move out with the info screen. so your suggestion will fill the screen again..

- azido - 2009-09-24

rausch101 Wrote:This is not a feature request, but a question: do you guys plan to add the 'now playing' widget to any other views/sections/menus?

let's call it a widget for now.

it is already part of any kind of list view, and it can be enabled for wall view too (along with the rss, see settings).

on multiplex, we would simply not know where to put it Wink

- zwat - 2009-09-24

ohh thought they was part of the info view not the default view.

- azido - 2009-09-24

another screenshot, this time with trailer playing (screen 1) and without info window (screen 2)

- logictester - 2009-09-24

looks delicious Smile

- azido - 2009-09-24

zwat Wrote:ohh thought they was part of the info view not the default view.

so you would like to see them sliding in when you trigger for info?

- azido - 2009-09-24

logictester Wrote:looks delicious Smile

yeah i love how this thing evolves.

- zwat - 2009-09-24

ohh yea. then u have 2 different looks. one for them who like fanart and have info on trigger and one for them who like no fanart and have extrathumbs and info or trailer on. don't you think that will be best?

for my self i don't see me doing extrathumbs as it's something u have to do manually. i only scan with imdb and keep the moviefolders as it's released by the scene. so if i have to use some other programs or add extra stuff to the moviefolders i won't do it.

gotta test if this mod have trouble with some of the movies scraped from tmdb like hitchers mod had (and maybe original aeon). what is best for movie scraping imdb or tmdb?

- azido - 2009-09-24

zwat Wrote:ohh yea. then u have 2 different looks. one for them who like fanart and have info on trigger and one for them who like no fanart and have extrathumbs and info or trailer on. don't you think that will be best?

for my self i don't see me doing extrathumbs as it's something u have to do manually. i only scan with imdb and keep the moviefolders as it's released by the scene. so if i have to use some other programs or add extra stuff to the moviefolders i won't do it.

gotta test if this mod have trouble with some of the movies scraped from tmdb like hitchers mod had (and maybe original aeon). what is best for movie scraping imdb or tmdb?

atm nothing is fixed. basically our idea is to set 3 different styles according to the stuff that come in handy.
extrathumbs - as you said - require additional work. although this can be done absolutely easy with ember media manager (you can assign scraped fanarts to extrathumbs, cut your own stills from a movie to be used as them or simply let emm generate a defined amount of stills on random. and: you can even put extrathumbs in order so you can be sure the ones you like most will be shown). the program is easy to handle and serves all needs to gain this extra touch of class.

i hope it will have tv show and music support also one day, and if not, that UMX will be available shortly.

for scrapers: i have no clue. i use the combination of imdb/ofdb scraping emm gives me, as ofdb serves german plots and mpaa ratings. but obviously when it comes to imdb vs. tmdb, imdb has more data.

- rausch101 - 2009-09-24

Starting to get some of the feel of anoobie's Mod3 with the 3-d rotated posters w/ reflections and whatnot. I think everyone will agree that's a fantastic direction Smile

EDIT: I should have mentioned that THIS adaptation of anoobie's mod looks more refined and fits in a good deal better.