Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Mike2023 - 2009-09-25

lestat1977uk Wrote:Stunning!

my only small gribe is i can't find a setting to enable Cinema (Home Theatre Plugin)?

That would be because its not there... hitchers mod has it built in I think.

- psike - 2009-09-25

azido Wrote:do me a favour: go to settings -> system -> and enable debug logging. then post the results doing the same like you did before. your log on pastebin is the standard xbmc log.

what's that autoexec.py your copy is looking for?

as i mentioned before, it looks like your video database got corrupted. even extras.py is not able to execute it's queries on it and throws an error.

try making a backup of your existing database and move it outside on a safe place, then create a new database from scratch and see if that still occurs.

I've installed a fresh XBMC with new database and everything.
Start using the Media Info Plus app instead of scrapper, and got rid of this autoexec.py error.

But still have the same problem.
Here is the debug log:
http://pastebin.com/m5cb9e57f

btw, low list looks great Smile

- patkhoo - 2009-09-25

azido Wrote:according to "letter browsing":

NextLetter and PrevLetter actions can be assigned/mapped to keys.

if they can be used as buttons onscreen - would that serve your needs of letter browsing? or would you still want to select a specific letter to jump to?

Shift+Letter already jumps to the desired one.

OK, I tried shift letter and it works as advertised... I couldn't find the right action setting to get the NextLetter/PrevLetter set up with EventGhost so that I could map it to my remote. So if possible, I would like to ask for the "Next Letter" and "Prev Letter" button on screen navigable by standard arrows/select buttons on remote. That would be great, thanks!

- patkhoo - 2009-09-25

azido Wrote:this time, low list movies with slided in info and 2 extrathumbs..

Wink

I must admit, these new screens for Low-List are fantastic. I can't wait to try them out.

That said, I would like to remind you guys what you said in the beginning, that Low-List was designed to give fanart ppl more fanart to see.

azido Wrote:did i mention it is a pre-alpha screen? it is.

idea: have a view that shows most of the fanart in a list-like environment.

Again, don't get me wrong, I like these latest Low List screens. Can I suggest that extrathumbs and poster are triggered at the same time as the info window? In this way, if you have auto-trigger for info, as you browse, you just see fanart in BG, when you pause, info, extrathumbs and poster all fly in from left/top/right automatically. I think that would be quite wow too..

- anoobie - 2009-09-25

That new view is amazing looking.

- azido - 2009-09-25

psike Wrote:I've installed a fresh XBMC with new database and everything.
Start using the Media Info Plus app instead of scrapper, and got rid of this autoexec.py error.

Here is the debug log:

so, now your generated output looks much cleaner, i don't see an error in your log now.

what exactly was your problem and where did it occur?

beside all this: you shouldn't use new svns right now. according to your log, you installed SVN:23100. please stick to SVN 22516 (go to 3rd party thread and click on kricker's signature link to get it) as current svns have a lot of things still being undone. understand that we cannot do support for errors/issues that come up with versions not announced as working flawlessly yet.

- azido - 2009-09-25

logictester Wrote:i would actually prefer the now playing widget on top apposed to the time panel, make it more symmetric and clean...

i think that's where i like to see it, too - as i have the same feeling for getting a kind of symmetric look.

- azido - 2009-09-25

Mike2023 Wrote:I love the look of the low list,, amazing work.

I think the cd spinning art script would go very well with the music low list....

looking forward to anything else you can come up with.

definitely an idea i will like to play with, although i feel the same like andy does: i don't want to just copy another guy's work.

after low list is done, chances are we are going to redesign multiplex for music and tv-shows. if we do, i will change the music multiplex. that could be a good place for such a thing, too.

- logictester - 2009-09-25

patkhoo Wrote:OK, I tried shift letter and it works as advertised... I couldn't find the right action setting to get the NextLetter/PrevLetter set up with EventGhost so that I could map it to my remote. So if possible, I would like to ask for the "Next Letter" and "Prev Letter" button on screen navigable by standard arrows/select buttons on remote. That would be great, thanks!

checkout JumpSMS browsing

- logictester - 2009-09-25

psike Wrote:I've installed a fresh XBMC with new database and everything.

Here is the debug log:

like azido said - there is no browsing to a directory in the log - no errors no nothing, did you try browsing to the problematic tvshow with the debug log enabled?

- azido - 2009-09-25

zeus[x];407963 Wrote:I liked that screen. amazing.
its possible to add the genre? like animation, action... so on...
i think it a missing information and would be usefull to have it.
i also prefer that information rather than director information.

can you think in that? Thanks

we thought about that and will replace director in extended list info with genre.

- azido - 2009-09-25

patkhoo Wrote:That said, I would like to remind you guys what you said in the beginning, that Low-List was designed to give fanart ppl more fanart to see.

abso-fuckin-lutely. Wink

we still bind ourselves to that goal. that's why it looks like this if you've set info to trigger

..and like this when you've triggered for info

Wink

@all: as you can see on the above screens, we replaced director with genre for the selected movie.

also we fixed selection to stay always in the middle. the only downgrade of this is, that you will have a gap on top on initial start and a gap on bottom when the end of list is reached. can't overcome this:

..but that's something i could live with.

- Danielocean - 2009-09-25

azido Wrote:...

also we fixed selection to stay always in the middle. the only downgrade of this is, that you will have a gap on top on initial start and a gap on bottom when the end of list is reached. can't overcome this:

..but that's something i could live with.
looks absolutly great!!! And now you can realy see where zhe beginning & the end of the list... Thanks also for changing director/genre!

I LIKE IT... (without "but") ;-)

- zwat - 2009-09-25

push it out NOW. Big Grin what about having z movies first in list and a movies at the bottom so u get like a round list like multiplex have. and will the push right for trailer be displayed if u haven't enabled trailers in setting?

- azido - 2009-09-25

Danielocean Wrote:looks absolutly great!!! And now you can realy see where zhe beginning & the end of the list... Thanks also for changing director/genre!

I LIKE IT... (without "but") ;-)

great. i was worried ppl don't like the gaps.

@all:

was a bit tricky to find information about that NextLetter/PrevLetter keybinding, as it is not mentioned in online manual (at least keyword search did not give a result). but searching in xbmc trac timeline was successful, and i found out it is included since svn 14760 or even earlier Wink

so, in fact it's really easy to include..

assuming you know how to bind pageup/pagedown to keys on your remote, you would only need to open keyboard.xml (usually found in system\keymaps, remember if you want to keep your modified keymap.xml you need to move a copy to your userdata\keymaps directory), go to line 49 and change

<pageup>PageUp</pageup>
<pagedown>PageDown</pagedown>

to

<pageup>NextLetter</pageup>
<pagedown>PrevLetter</pagedown>

save, restart xbmc and you're done. Jumps are not always precisely done on my first tryout, but work in general.

we will try to create onscreen buttons for this (replacing the scrollbar) and see if that works.