Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-25

patkhoo Wrote:Poor zwat is getting picked on for "being lazy" and not enabling a checkbox option in EMM

hahaha.. yes, he's the one that came into my mind first. i might add soder here, he also told he does not want to do any extra editing.. let's knock them both down! RoflLaughRofl

well..

we changed fixedlist to become wraplist, and voila: no gaps.

..now it simply rotates through available items. Big Grin

regarding poster: too much code to include for such an effect if you ask me. remember the thumb consists of

- the fallback image
- the shadow
- the border
- the thumb
- the glass effect.

that's already 5 pictures put on top of each other. not to forget the reflection.

let's don't have the double amount..

maybe we can shrink the poster in general a bit if you all fall down on your knees and prey Laugh - but won't be much smaller so we can keep the distances all on same level. we have to keep aspect ratio also.

- psike - 2009-09-25

Quote:so, now your generated output looks much cleaner, i don't see an error in your log now.

what exactly was your problem and where did it occur?

beside all this: you shouldn't use new svns right now. according to your log, you installed SVN:23100. please stick to SVN 22516 (go to 3rd party thread and click on kricker's signature link to get it) as current svns have a lot of things still being undone. understand that we cannot do support for errors/issues that come up with versions not announced as working flawlessly yet.

This is my last try, after that i'm just going to live with it.

The error was solved in this thread

So I've start again with a fresh install of XBMC this time SVN 22516.
Still have the same problem. shows with only one or two episodes not showing correctly.

Here is the full debug log for when entering a show like this:
http://pastebin.com/m51c0eb9e

It's still looking like this for show with only one episode:
Image Image

And like this after moving left/right to the episode:
Image Image

And it was looking like this with showmix 1.7:
Image Image

- azido - 2009-09-25

tv show selection without info screen

season selection, also without info (set to trigger)

and episode selection, with info blended in

(yes, i know, flags need some realignment here, not done yet.)

- zwat - 2009-09-25

patkhoo Wrote:Poor zwat is getting picked on for "being lazy" and not enabling a checkbox option in EMM LaughRoflLaugh

it's not only that. i have to find dl link to emm and install it and figure out how it works and then check that checkbox. other thing is that only my fileserver have write access to my file rest of my pc's only read and execute. Big Grin third) is that i wanna keep folders as they were released by the scene.

looks great azido. i too would like the info border to be same size as list border. and any reason for the clock graphic to be so wide?

- azido - 2009-09-25

psike Wrote:This is my last try, after that i'm just going to live with it.

The error was solved in this thread

It's still looking like this for show with only one episode:

And like this after moving left/right to the episode:

according to your screenshots, this is how it should look like, isn't it?

now, if you go out of the seasons (i.e. back to home menu) and afterwards come back to your episode, does it still not show the thumb? i know stuff will not show after reloading, but does as soon as something else get in focus and further on.

edit:

looks like it has some trouble with your fanart for that show.

15:53:58 T:2896 M:2244816896 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 12
15:53:58 T:2684 M:2244796416 DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
15:53:58 T:2268 M:2244784128 WARNING: WARNING: File is larger than 32bit stat can handle, file size will be reported as 0 bytes
15:53:58 T:2268 M:2244743168 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: videodb://2/2/fanart.jpg Error: (0)
15:53:58 T:2268 M:2244743168 ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image videodb://2/2/fanart.jpg

you might try if removing it helps. also a good idea would be to export video database to seperate files to get valid files.

- sandman4sure - 2009-09-25

First of all: the new screens look great!!

Will the Season Selection also support the wide thumbnails? (like episode selection)

- azido - 2009-09-25

sandman4sure Wrote:First of all: the new screens look great!!

Will the Season Selection also support the wide thumbnails? (like episode selection)

yes, if you disable poster for tv show in settings -> advanced.
unfortunately it will be only a rather small one.

has to do with aspect ratio - we need to keep it.

- psike - 2009-09-25

azido Wrote:according to your screenshots, this is how it should look like, isn't it?

now, if you go out of the seasons (i.e. back to home menu) and afterwards come back to your episode, does it still not show the thumb? i know stuff will not show after reloading, but does as soon as something else get in focus and further on.

edit:

looks like it has some trouble with your fanart for that show.

15:53:58 T:2896 M:2244816896 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 12
15:53:58 T:2684 M:2244796416 DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
15:53:58 T:2268 M:2244784128 WARNING: WARNING: File is larger than 32bit stat can handle, file size will be reported as 0 bytes
15:53:58 T:2268 M:2244743168 DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: videodb://2/2/fanart.jpg Error: (0)
15:53:58 T:2268 M:2244743168 ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image videodb://2/2/fanart.jpg

you might try if removing it helps. also a good idea would be to export video database to seperate files to get valid files.

No, I think it's supposed to also have the parent thumb in there not just the episodes.
And it's not something with the fanart, this happens to all shows that have only one or two episodes till now. It's something in this view because even if I have show with 13 episodes (dollhouse Smile ) it's showint it right until i'm mark them as watched. when there only 1 or 2 episodes left unwatched it's back to this bug.

- logictester - 2009-09-25

psike Wrote:No, I think it's supposed to also have the parent thumb in there not just the episodes.
And it's not something with the fanart, this happens to all shows that have only one or two episodes till now. It's something in this view because even if I have show with 13 episodes (dollhouse Smile ) it's showint it right until i'm mark them as watched. when there only 1 or 2 episodes left unwatched it's back to this bug.

after exporting your video db - try removing the videodb from your userdata folder and restart xbmc to recreate it, i think something might be corrupt in your videdb

- azido - 2009-09-25

logictester Wrote:after exporting your video db - try removing the videodb from your userdata folder and restart xbmc to recreate it, i think something might be corrupt in your videdb

that's what i thought from the very beginning on. he mentioned he reinstalled everything , but might just have copied over his db.

@all:

regarding to your border removal suggestions for the info screen - how do you like this:

Big Grin

- psike - 2009-09-25

logictester Wrote:after exporting your video db - try removing the videodb from your userdata folder and restart xbmc to recreate it, i think something might be corrupt in your videdb

Tried this now, still didn't fix it.
It's just in this view, list and wall views works fine.
I'll just wait for the low list view to be ready and switch views. Smile

- Moldiver - 2009-09-25

I installed this by copying all folders to the skin folder in aeon and replacing the files that were allready there but i think i am missing something, could someone help. The main thing i notice is that when selecting how i want to view things the options i have are blank althouhg it does give me 3 selections and they do change the appearance but i don't know what i am changing to.

Also all my TV covers are landscape which stretches them out and makes the looks bad.

Thanks

- azido - 2009-09-25

Moldiver Wrote:I installed this by copying all folders to the skin folder in aeon and replacing the files that were allready there but i think i am missing something, could someone help. The main thing i notice is that when selecting how i want to view things the options i have are blank althouhg it does give me 3 selections and they do change the appearance but i don't know what i am changing to.

Also all my TV covers are landscape which stretches them out and makes the looks bad.

Thanks

long answer: obviously the first thing you were missing is to read the wiki (now even has a faq that answers what you did wrong, too).
short answer: showmix is a standalone skin.

technical answer: mixing up a lot of texture files with those in an xpr can't be any good.
azidoish answer: head-table-head-table (repeat until head or table gets broken). man, i need a coffee break.

- sergiocos - 2009-09-25

The only things that i found annoying it's the repeated thumbs (season/episodes). I watch some shows as they appear and I have ONLY one or two in stand-by.
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2252/clipboard01bx.jpg
Can the skin be tweaked to show just 1 episode? Same thing in season level...

- azido - 2009-09-25

sergiocos Wrote:The only things that i found annoying it's the repeated thumbs (season/episodes). I watch some shows as they appear and I have ONLY one or two in stand-by.
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2252/clipboard01bx.jpg
Can the skin be tweaked to show just 1 episode? Same thing in season level...

you have to turn on MULTIPLEX COVERFLOW and it's DYNAMIC COVERFLOW set, too. the flat view you're using can't be dynamic.