Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-26

ok i see your arguments, most of them based on the idea to have as much fanart as there can be - which is a valid one and of course our goal, too.

anyway - still i think just having flags on the floor is not nice enough in this view. they have to be surrounded by something, like all other things.

(note that this kinda likely is our new style that will surely go on other views, too.. not to say too much right now)

so, what are your ideas how to get rid of

- flags being kind of "lost"
- gap between list and info

- Danielocean - 2009-09-26

which ratio is given?!

the poster: should bee 2:3
the thumbs: should be 16:9
the info-box: should be 16:9 (for playing trailers in it)
the list-box: ?

is that right so far?!

- azido - 2009-09-26

Danielocean Wrote:set the info-box down, next do the bottom-box, then the gap between them is gone... or there something speaks against it?!?

there is nothing against lowering the info box (except andy has to code more again)

but i would still like to get the flags surrounded by something - plus i would like to have that same panel available for music labels.

ok....

the simpliest way:
set the list-box a little bit higher to be next to the info-box... and then put the icon box under the listbox... but with the same width!

should look a little bit better if the icons are boxed on the floor... but i think un-boxed and free is still the best way for icons...

- Moldiver - 2009-09-26

Argh was bugging me for ages and i never checked the name of the movie, "moviename.dvdrip.blah.blah.blah" now just "moviename"

an other idea, but in the same direction... a box on the bottom for icon like this...:

so you can set the info-box down, near to the list-box & put the icon in this new box... plus, the black strip* on bottom is obsolet, also the reflections... maybe only some fanart-shading near the boarders on right, left and bottom...

or this new box only with the width of the list-box, so you can put down the poster & the thumbs a little bit...

*btw: i hate this black strip, also in the multiplex view... i know, it's for reflections Wink

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-26

In my opinion, what makes this view so awesome is that it's pretty minimalistic. I don't get the same minimalistic feeling when I look at it with the media flags in its' own box in the middle of the screen. It feels more cluttered now than it did when they were located on the bottom of the screen.

Also, as others already have pointed out, as the idea was to show as much of the fanart as possible, I think it's much better to use the bottom of the screen for the flags instead of the middle of the fanart image.

- Bram77 - 2009-09-26

This mod isn't going to run on the XBOX I assume? I'd love to add it to the xbmc-xbox-skins respository. It looks fantastic!

- azido - 2009-09-26

Danielocean Wrote:ok....

the simpliest way:
set the list-box a little bit higher to be next to the info-box... and then put the icon box under the listbox... but with the same width!

should look a little bit better if the icons are boxed on the floor... but i think un-boxed and free is still the best way for icons...

that would just move the positions, but don't free any fanart.

with widening the flagpanel to go in sync with list i agree.

- azido - 2009-09-26

Bram77 Wrote:This mod isn't going to run on the XBOX I assume? I'd love to add it to the xbmc-xbox-skins respository. It looks fantastic!

have a look at our faq..

azido Wrote:that would just move the positions, but don't free any fanart.

with widening the flagpanel to go in sync with list i agree.

if you only put in the icon in a box, there is no box upside the list-box, so there is more "free fanart"... important is: don't change the position of the list-box... ignore my "set the list-box a little bit higher..."!

100% agree to Peligrozo!!! for my opinion there should not be a border which surrounds the icons...!

- azido - 2009-09-26

stay tuned, we come up with another idea, flags on bottom again.

and, that border is maybe obsolete for flags - but won't be for any labels we put in there for music. they have to have borders.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-09-26

Is this view available yet?

- azido - 2009-09-26

lestat1977uk Wrote:Is this view available yet?

no. still under heavy development.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-09-26

That explains it, looks really good, to know if there are any plans to improve the music views?