Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-09-26

lestat1977uk Wrote:That explains it, looks really good, to know if there are any plans to improve the music views?

the problem with music views is that there isn't much stuff to be displayed. and even further, info labels availabe for artist, album and song level are relying heavily on given database entries in allmusic/discogs database. i found out that works quite well on popular artists/albums (speaking of mainstream ones) but less good for not so well known artists.

so basically what we can do here is to limit ourselves to info labels that are filled most likely (speaking of style/genre/mood/name + albumname) and stuff a user can add (artist thumbs, artist fanart, album fanart and artist/album review).

we could go for hacking more flags in (in fact we already did with recordlabel flag) like a genre flag, but we feel like it would be better to wait and see if there will be further support by xbmc itself (remember the time when video flagging was a hack job - it was a nightmarish lot of work and customising just to have some flags being displayed)

maybe (i said: maybe) we will go for a more fancier display of album art (cd case comes into my mind) and things like that spinning cd mod for now playing looks promising too - although the spinning disc might only look good on true 16:9 screen dimensions. on displays like 1440x900 it will become more of an egg than a disc Wink

but still: open for suggestions on this topic. my plan is to rewrite music multiplex anyway.

- Ram2000 - 2009-09-26

Loving the way this is going just waiting for the Lowlist to be completed any improvement on the music view would be great especially since you can now have fanart in the same folder as the album.
Great work guys please keep it coming....

- zwat - 2009-09-26

u probably already done\thought of this but here i come. flags for mp3\flac\ogg\wav, bitrate. not sure if samplerate and channels varies on music? flags for cd\vinyl\web\radio based on foldername (probably need to be build into xbmc?). flag for cue if xbmc read cue.
would this be a showmix v3 rel or just an v2 upgrade? Big Grin

- ederson - 2009-09-26

Sorry if this has been asked but i can`t find anything

I`m trying to add a custom shortcut
I follow the instruction from the wiki page
http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/showmix/CONFIGURE_MENU%27S

The problem is that the favorites list is empty.
I`ve already added a few things there which appear in the favorites admin.
(which makes it even more strange)

Here is the xml (located in userdata)
<favourites>
<favourite name="Sports">ActivateWindow(10024,H:\Sports\)</favourite>
<favourite name="Basket">ActivateWindow(10024,H:\Sports\Basket\)</favourite>
<favourite name="Volley">ActivateWindow(10024,H:\Sports\Volley\)</favourite>
<favourite name="Alaloum" thumb="special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/c/auto-cc9e38d3.tbn">PlayMedia(videodb://1/2/24)</favourite>
</favourites>

i guess i`m doing somethig terribly wrong here but i can`t understand by myself what is it so any help is welcomed

- logictester - 2009-09-26

ederson Wrote:Sorry if this has been asked but i can`t find anything

I`m trying to add a custom shortcut
I follow the instruction from the wiki page
http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/showmix/CONFIGURE_MENU%27S

The problem is that the favorites list is empty.
I`ve already added a few things there which appear in the favorites admin.
(which makes it even more strange)

Here is the xml (located in userdata)
<favourites>
<favourite name="Sports">ActivateWindow(10024,H:\Sports\)</favourite>
<favourite name="Basket">ActivateWindow(10024,H:\Sports\Basket\)</favourite>
<favourite name="Volley">ActivateWindow(10024,H:\Sports\Volley\)</favourite>
<favourite name="Alaloum" thumb="special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/c/auto-cc9e38d3.tbn">PlayMedia(videodb://1/2/24)</favourite>
</favourites>

i guess i`m doing somethig terribly wrong here but i can`t understand by myself what is it so any help is welcomed

try adding an item to the favs from the gui and then check your xml - i think it might be a wrong userdata folder in use

- ederson - 2009-09-26

All the items have been added through the gui.

- brad_banderas - 2009-09-26

Hi there,

first I want so say thank you for this awesome work. Keep it up.

However, the reason I am writing is that I got some troubles with extrathumbs. My problem is that I store my movies on removable HDDs. So the extrathumbs aren't present when I browse my library and I simply see 2 white squares - which is obviously not very nice.

Is there any possibility to alter the path where Aeon looks for the extrathumbs?
So that I could store them on the internal HDD, separated from the movies themselves?

Hope you can help me out Oo

- andyblac - 2009-09-26

OK guys,

what do you think of this one ?

- Mike2023 - 2009-09-26

andyblac Wrote:OK guys,

what do you think of this one ?

I like it. Only one thing, I think you should close the gap between the info panel and the list.

- zwat - 2009-09-26

looks great. but like mike says close the gap.
it's like on the london tube. please mind the gap Tongue

i love it Smile

ederson Wrote:All the items have been added through the gui.

what version of showmix do you use?

- ederson - 2009-09-26

I followed the link at the first page of the thread
and XBMC 9.04.1-repack2 installed on XP machine

i`m going through the wiki again .... I`ll try to get the latest svn and test again

- zwat - 2009-09-26

ederson Wrote:2.01.

read first page here and first page on the showmix wiki.

ederson Wrote:2.01.

i`m going through the wiki again .... I`ll try to get the latest svn and test again

grab svn version of xbmc ASAP!