Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- rj_connor - 2009-09-27

azido Wrote:press "M" for a menu.

There is no support for fanart in wall view for music yet - only music backdrop.

Pressed "M" to bring up a menu but nothing happened, does this have to be mapped somewhere.

Correction M does bring up the menu when the visulization is running (which only starts after 1 min) how i bring the menu up stright away.

- sandman4sure - 2009-09-27

azido Wrote:..do actually use a widescreen thumb (16:9) instead of a poster or a banner for TV SHOWS?

And how many of you would most likely start using them if we support a bigger thumb for that in our low list?

hands up, please.

(we try to find out if it's worth doing some modifications to low list for that case only).

I only use the widescreen thumbs now for tv shows. (show, season and episodes) I love that view!

- Geirern87 - 2009-09-27

azido Wrote:both views rely on a file that goes with your shows. the one is folder.jpg, the other is fanart.jpg.

if you want to get them without any intervention (assuming you scraped your stuff and set thumbs accordingly) go to settings -> video -> library -> export database and use "separate" when asked, then "yes" to the question if thumbs and artwork are wanted.

that way you get rid of your trouble.
plus you can rescrape stuff fast if you need to, since all info goes along with your shows already.

is it possible you're using one of the very current builds?

Yes, both my showmix and xbmc gets updated every week, started when i updated from 1.60. I scrape using MIP, using both folder.jpg and fanart.jpg. My movies are in seperate folders and my shows are set up correctly:
My Movies/Moviename (Year)/
My Series/TV Show/Season X/TV Show S0XEXX

Thats why it doesnt make any sense...
Ive tried removing and adding the entire database, cleaned it up, deleted .nfos, but it didn`t work. Any other suggestions? Sad

- Ram2000 - 2009-09-27

azido Wrote:..do actually use a widescreen thumb (16:9) instead of a poster or a banner for TV SHOWS?

And how many of you would most likely start using them if we support a bigger thumb for that in our low list?

hands up, please.

(we try to find out if it's worth doing some modifications to low list for that case only).

Still a Poster Fan here Old habits Die hard...

- garyi - 2009-09-27

Hi is this how the view is supposed to be:

Its all I see, pressing right makes it goto the jump letters drag bar thing but basically I cannot get rid of that side bar, neither are there any choices for views.

- Danielocean - 2009-09-27

I like 16:9 thumbs... don't like banners and posters are ok for tv shows... Wink

- azido - 2009-09-27

garyi Wrote:Hi is this how the view is supposed to be:

Its all I see, pressing right makes it goto the jump letters drag bar thing but basically I cannot get rid of that side bar, neither are there any choices for views.

this one falls in category "known issues". you got stuck and need to restart xbmc.
when did this happen? what did you do before?

- garyi - 2009-09-27

Hi, I will try a restart but basically I copied the skin to my skins folder and choose it. So basically no restart.

- azido - 2009-09-27

steve1977 Wrote:Dont like "banners" and undecided between "posters" and "widescreen". What would convince to use widescreen would be if it is properly supported (i.e., scrapeable directly from tvdb and/or EMM supporting TV shows). Until this happens, no big point to go "widescreen" as it is big manual effort...

tvdb supports at last fanart with a season name on it (means: they allow to upload such) but i'm not sure if you can scrape them as a season thumb or if you have to download such ones manually. i never used them.

- azido - 2009-09-27

garyi Wrote:Hi, I will try a restart but basically I copied the skin to my skins folder and choose it. So basically no restart.

immediately closing xbmc after you chosen showmix as your skin is always a good idea, as there will be some default settings done for you then.

- logictester - 2009-09-27

azido Wrote:tvdb supports at last fanart with a season name on it (means: they allow to upload such) but i'm not sure if you can scrape them as a season thumb or if you have to download such ones manually. i never used them.

xbmcstuff.com provides beautiful custom made wide thumbs for shows seasons and clerarts, there is also a plugin to do this over your library from within xbmc

- azido - 2009-09-27

logictester Wrote:xbmcstuff.com provides beautiful custom made wide thumbs for shows seasons and clerarts, there is also a plugin to do this over your library from within xbmc

ah yes, totally forgot this site although it's on one of my bookmarks. what's that plugin you're talking about? sounds interesting.

so, what you're using?

- Mike2023 - 2009-09-27

hands up, please.

I use the wide thumbs for my tv. Love the look

- logictester - 2009-09-27

i use wide thumbs for everything in tvshows

here is the xbmcstuff downloader:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57548, it works pretty good in most cases

- azido - 2009-09-28

logictester Wrote:i use wide thumbs for everything in tvshows

here is the xbmcstuff downloader:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57548, it works pretty good in most cases

thanks for the link.

looks promising for people that like to add wide thumbs to their shows.

now, thanks to andy i found out my organisation of tv shows outside the xbmc specifications in online manual was the reason i got some weird db confusion troubles.. means i will have to reorganise all my shows now Huh so no time left to update wiki atm.

if you (alex) like (and know how) feel free to add questions and answers to the faq section of wiki that come into your mind. would be extremely helpful.
Structure would be like

List of questions:
No.of Question Question i.e.
01 Will Showmix run on my old XBOX?

Then add questions and their answers right under the existing ones, using same formatting.

No need for you to add anchor linking, as this is a bit tricky and requires to use pure html to add anchor names. i will do that later when i see you've added stuff there.

I started that section by reading this thread from the beginning, looking for questions that are still valid ones today and do not refer to functions/settings/views that are no longer available. So far, i came to page 20 (!) so i'm pretty sure you will find a lot of Q's to add..

in case you're unsure about something regarding your contributions, feel free to drop me a note on skype.

thanks..