Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

another addition for low list - azido - 2009-09-28

..this one could change your mind regarding usage of wide season thumbs Wink

if you use posters, this is what your episode view in low list could look like:

As you can see, we've added the season thumb to the episode view, so when you browse your episodes for a season, you always have a visual orientation which season of which show you are in Big Grin

this could also be done if you are using wide season thumbs instead of posters, but unfortunately it won't look any good as the thumb would be as small as the episode thumb you can see on the left.. we have to keep the aspect ratio, so it can't be bigger. so atm this is a poster only feature, enabled by a new setting.

another plan:
ppl using wide season thumbs will get another view in tv show and season selection level:
the list will move to the left of the screen, so there is more room for the show/season thumb on the right. the widescreen thumb is then enlarged to go in line with the upper border of the list. my guess is, it will look best if not angled - as there is no image on the left providing a pseudo 3d-look.

but if you really want, it can be angled like the other ones, too..

final idea:

for episode view with wide season thumb preferers, it might be also a good idea to have the list moved too and get a flat, but bigger episode thumb.

in that case, both worlds would have a "bonus": poster users will get an additional thumb in episode view, while wide thumb users will get a bigger episode thumb.

that "final idea" just came to me while writing this, haven't talked to andy about that yet.

now back to show organising ~argh~ Oo

- brad_banderas - 2009-09-28

azido Wrote:well.. if you see white squares instead of black ones, this might be an indication that you did not follow our advise to not use a recent svn version of xbmc.

22516 will show black ones. Rolleyes

I have two installtions of xbmc. One with 22516 and the other with the latest -dx version. In 22516 I see black squares, in -dx white ones. But I think that's of no relevance.

The problem is that my extrathumbs are on removable HDD an therefore not present when browsing my library. All I want to know is if there is some way of unlinking extrathumbs and movies. Is it possible to change the path for the extrathumbs to a different one than the movies'?

For example:

movie: J:\Crank\crank.bluray.m2ts

standard:
extrathumbs in J:\Crank\extrathumbs

What I want to do is, seperate extrathumbs an store them on my local HDD:
extrathumbs in D:\foo\Crank\extrathumbs

Any possibility to do this? Or a hint where I could hack this?

Thanks in advance

- azido - 2009-09-28

brad_banderas Wrote:I have two installtions of xbmc. One with 22516 and the other with the latest -dx version. In 22516 I see black squares, in -dx white ones. But I think that's of no relevance.

of course that has no relevance to the "offline problem". i was referring to your statement about the ugly white windows you want to avoid.

Quote:The problem is that my extrathumbs are on removable HDD an therefore not present when browsing my library. All I want to know is if there is some way of unlinking extrathumbs and movies. Is it possible to change the path for the extrathumbs to a different one than the movies'?

For example:

movie: J:\Crank\crank.bluray.m2ts

standard:
extrathumbs in J:\Crank\extrathumbs

What I want to do is, seperate extrathumbs an store them on my local HDD:
extrathumbs in D:\foo\Crank\extrathumbs

Any possibility to do this? Or a hint where I could hack this?

Thanks in advance
not possible, as extrathumbs are a hacky feature anyway and rely to the path for the movie. there is no way to browse outside the movie path to display anything in lib view. that's why they have to be inside the movie folder.

you could - if you are an expert - add "hard links" to your system that would be directories on another location but linked inside the movies folder. But "symbolic links" (soft ones) won't do the job,as they won't be recognised as directories by xbmc. Requires NTFS partitions, though.

That way D:\foo\Crank\extrathumbs could be hardlinked to J:\Crank\extrathumbs (which would be an empty dir) - but i guess as j:\Crank can become offline, the hardlink won't work then. so: no.

of course, you could create dummy entries on the local hdd for your movies to use for xbmc to look into instead of the real movie dirs - but then again, you won't be able to watch that movie with a keypress upon browsing your lib, as it would only point to that dummy. basically that's what i'm doing for my offline and original media.

Thanks for your reply, sadly that's what I expected.

I guess I'll combine both of your ideas and try this:

I'll store extrathumbs, thumbs, nfo, etc. on my local disk and hardlink the moviefiles to the removable hdds.
This way I should be able to watch the movies by a press of a button when the hdd is online.

- steve1977 - 2009-09-28

azido Wrote:tvdb supports at last fanart with a season name on it (means: they allow to upload such) but i'm not sure if you can scrape them as a season thumb or if you have to download such ones manually. i never used them.

Thats the issue that I am facing. They are basically there (on tvdb), but I can only scrape as "fanart" and not as "widescreen". Hoping for XBMC to implement this, but doesnt appear to be happening...

- azido - 2009-09-28

brad_banderas Wrote:Thanks for your reply, sadly that's what I expected.

I guess I'll combine both of your ideas and try this:

I'll store extrathumbs, thumbs, nfo, etc. on my local disk and hardlink the moviefiles to the removable hdds.
This way I should be able to watch the movies by a press of a button when the hdd is online.

as far as i know hardlinking is only for directories - but maybe a symlink (that in fact is only a file pointing to another file) could work if you add the extension .lnk to the list of accepted file extensions via advancedsettings.xml. don't know if live meta information extraction works this way, though, but that could be adressed by first create nfos with all needed stuff for this first and then move the video in question.

have a play and tell me if you have any success Wink

edit: using windows function creating a .lnk file to point to the real one does not work here. even as added as a valid extension for videos, xbmc does not play it.

- azido - 2009-09-28

steve1977 Wrote:Thats the issue that I am facing. They are basically there (on tvdb), but I can only scrape as "fanart" and not as "widescreen". Hoping for XBMC to implement this, but doesnt appear to be happening...

have a look at logictester's latest answers to this, might be interesting for you.

although that will not change my mind to use posters here..

- rj_connor - 2009-09-28

Ok so i wanted to get rid of the ALL SEASONS in TV Shows so i added an advancedsettings.xml to the user date folder. But nothing happened, ALL SEASONS was still there.

This what i added to the advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
<hiderecentlyaddeditems>true</hiderecentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Is this correct?

- azido - 2009-09-28

rj_connor Wrote:Ok so i wanted to get rid of the ALL SEASONS in TV Shows so i added an advancedsettings.xml to the user date folder. But nothing happened, ALL SEASONS was still there.

This what i added to the advancedsettings.xml

<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
<hiderecentlyaddeditems>true</hiderecentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Is this correct?

syntax looks ok.

make sure xbmc reads your advancedsettings.xml. you can verify this by have a look into xbmc.log. it should read like this

09:20:09 T:4124 M:4294967295 NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml

right before it checks hardware.

if it doesn't after a restart of xbmc, you've used the wrong userdata dir to put advancedsettings.xml in.

- rj_connor - 2009-09-28

azido Wrote:syntax looks ok.

make sure xbmc reads your advancedsettings.xml. you can verify this by have a look into xbmc.log. it should read like this

09:20:09 T:4124 M:4294967295 NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml

right before it checks hardware.

if it doesn't after a restart of xbmc, you've used the wrong userdata dir to put advancedsettings.xml in.

Ok trying to find the log file but can't?

azido Wrote:as far as i know hardlinking is only for directories - but maybe a symlink (that in fact is only a file pointing to another file) could work if you add the extension .lnk to the list of accepted file extensions via advancedsettings.xml. don't know if live meta information extraction works this way, though, but that could be adressed by first create nfos with all needed stuff for this first and then move the video in question.

have a play and tell me if you have any success Wink

edit: using windows function creating a .lnk file to point to the real one does not work here. even as added as a valid extension for videos, xbmc does not play it.

As far as I know hardlinks should work for files also. File junctions only work for folders. I think MKLINK should do the trick in windows vista and 7 but I haven't tried yet.

meta information extraction is not needed here, because I scrape all needed info with EMM.

I'll provide you with an update as soon as I got some time to try...

Thanks so far Wink

edit: HERE is some info about MKLINK and hardlinks, in the picture you can see a hardlink to a file (yellow)

- psike - 2009-09-28

How do I get actors pics to show up?
I'm using EMM show they all got the thumb url in the NFO file but nothing shows up.

- azido - 2009-09-28

psike Wrote:How do I get actors pics to show up?
I'm using EMM show they all got the thumb url in the NFO file but nothing shows up.

part of the video info dialog. hit CAST.

- psike - 2009-09-28

azido Wrote:part of the video info dialog. hit CAST.

I did that but all i get is this star icon that come with the skin.

I'm using the XBMCSetup-Rev22516, but some plugins are incompatible... - [els] - 2009-09-28

Hello
What is the most stable version (SVN), compatible with the Aeon ShowMix 2.01?
I'm using the XBMCSetup-Rev22516, but some plugins are incompatible:
- Apple Movie Trailers (vpre-0.99.7.3) and
- Home Theater Experience (v1.4.1).
I tried to use one of the latest SVN, but found a problem that I described in this post.
Congratulations on your beautiful skin and grateful for the attention.
[els]