Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- zwat - 2009-09-30

i know that. but what if you go into settings or files window? Big Grin

- Peligrozo - 2009-09-30

Danielocean Wrote:wooooooooo....

i have an idea...!

is it possible to build in a switch for this low list?! so you can choose like this:

for fanart lovers: you have the view like the last screen: low list with poster & fanart (without info box, which tiggered in later, manually or automatically). later... the info box comes in with two thumbs.

or

for symmetry lovers: you can see fanart, lowlist, poster plus two thumbs on the left (without info box, which tiggered in later, manually or automatically). later... only the info box comes in.
I was also thinking about this when it was changed from extrathumbs always being visible to extrathumbs fading in with the info screen - it would be handy to have a setting for it. I'm still not sure which one of them I'd be using personally though Smile

- azido - 2009-09-30

sandman4sure Wrote:I just updated to the latest svn build 23185. Don't know if that is the problem, or the skin, because I hardly open the tv-show information screen.

any problems coming up with builds >22516 - no support.
beside that: we use folder.jpg (again) since a long time now.

- azido - 2009-09-30

Danielocean Wrote:but (no, 'but' is the wrong word...), why there is a bit space between the border and the first flag?! is that cause the width of the flag?! maybe we can fit the flag...?! Should i do that?!
the german flag is smaller than uk,us or aus rating flag.

- azido - 2009-09-30

Peligrozo Wrote:I was also thinking about this when it was changed from extrathumbs always being visible to extrathumbs fading in with the info screen - it would be handy to have a setting for it. I'm still not sure which one of them I'd be using personally though Smile
lol.

already implemented by INFO: settings in vertical menu.

they are AUTO/TRIGGER/ON/OFF like for multiplex.

it's just that you can't have independent settings for info window and extrathumbs. so no "symmetric lover" view without info

- sandman4sure - 2009-09-30

azido Wrote:any problems coming up with builds >22516 - no support.
beside that: we use folder.jpg (again) since a long time now.

ok, I'll probably will use that version than again.

But folder.jpg is used for the wide thumbs you see in the view itself, poster.jpg in the info screen, right?

PHP Code:
<control type="largeimage">
    <
description>Cover image</description>
    <
posx>0</posx>
    <
posy>0</posy>
    <
width>486</width>
    <
height>720</height>
    <
texture>$INFO[listitem.path]poster.jpg</texture>
    <
aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
    <
fadetime>500</fadetime>
    <
visible>Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)</visible>        
</
control

- Danielocean - 2009-09-30

azido Wrote:it's just that you can't have independent settings for info window and extrathumbs. so no "symmetric lover" view without info
Do you hear me.................................................... crying? Huh

- azido - 2009-09-30

sandman4sure Wrote:ok, I'll probably will use that version than again.

But folder.jpg is used for the wide thumbs you see in the view itself, poster.jpg in the info screen, right?

PHP Code:
<control type="largeimage">
    <
description>Cover image</description>
    <
posx>0</posx>
    <
posy>0</posy>
    <
width>486</width>
    <
height>720</height>
    <
texture>$INFO
[listitem.path]poster.jpg</texture>
    <
aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
    <
fadetime>500</fadetime>
    <
visible>Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)</visible>        
</
control

according to my info it tries assigned thumb (might be wide), then tbn, then poster.

i don't know whats missing for you. beside that i have a poster in my tvshow info, but that one might be in there because i do not use wide thumbs at all.

so unlike my previous posting there has to be a poster.jpg in your show folder if you use wide thumbs to gain a poster in info screen.

working for andy.

if for any reason that's broken on current github version, get some patience, it's working on the next update for sure.

azido Wrote:according to my info it tries assigned thumb (might be wide), then tbn, then poster.

i don't know whats missing for you. beside that i have a poster in my tvshow info, but that one might be in there because i do not use wide thumbs at all.

so unlike my previous posting there has to be a poster.jpg in your show folder if you use wide thumbs to gain a poster in info screen.

working for andy.

if for any reason that's broken on current github version, get some patience, it's working on the next update for sure.

hmm, I think it goes with the thumb (which is always a smaller cached thumb xbmc puts in the userdata folder, never my original 1500x1000 thumb), but it will be overwritten with a movie.tbn (if it is a movie) and then with poster.jpg (movie and tv-show)

I now always put a <moviename>.tbn and a movie.tbn for my movies and a poster.jpg for my tv-shows to be sure that the info screen has the highest possible resolution.

- azido - 2009-09-30

sandman4sure Wrote:hmm, I think it goes with the thumb (which is always a smaller cached thumb xbmc puts in the userdata folder, never my original 1500x1000 thumb), but it will be overwritten with a movie.tbn (if it is a movie) and then with poster.jpg (movie and tv-show)

I now always put a <moviename>.tbn and a movie.tbn for my movies and a poster.jpg for my tv-shows to be sure that the info screen has the highest possible resolution.

and does it actually work that way?

- azido - 2009-09-30

Danielocean Wrote:Do you hear me.................................................... crying? Huh

now shut up. you can't have ALL candy Laugh

question - azido - 2009-09-30

folks,

if we would go for extrathumbs for music albums the way it's hacked in for videos already - would you follow us here and use them, willing to do the extra job?

or would you just ignore them?

note before your answer: video extrathumbs are easy to obtain with tools like EMM - you can assign scraped fanarts or just extract stills from the movie to use.
for music, you would be completely on your own, means you would have to collect images for yourself.

- Danielocean - 2009-09-30

what do you want?!

- phil65 - 2009-09-30

would be too much work too fill up the complete database with own pictures i think, so I would vote "no".
but i really like the way your mod is developing in general. great piece of work.
may I create a modified version of your Low List once it is ready?
Really looks great, especially for music IMO.

azido Wrote:and does it actually work that way?

Yes, for movies it works great. A bit more work to have the same pic twice in the folder with different names, but I can live with that.

For tv-shows it is broken now, but I think it's the latest SVN build... it now just doesn't see the poster.jpg anymore. I'll try an older build later and let you know if that was the problem.

What do you use for thumbnails for movies?