Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-03

Dullie Wrote:There is one more thing I would like to have.. in TV shows view (multiplex) when scrolling through episodes.. The TV Show name, Season # comes first then the Episode name comes later.. I'd rather have the Episode name first.. It's very useful when looking for the funniest Seinfeld episode within hundreds of episodes.. It will make my life easier..
I have to say though, that I personally think that more people find it easier the way it currently is. Personally, the episode name doesn't mean anything to me in most of the tv shows that I have. I much prefer it the way it is currently.

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-03

flxfxp Wrote:Any news on this? Aeon Hitched has this, might be easy to copy: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54500
As they have stated many times previously, they generally don't like "copying" features. When they decide to add a feature based on a feature in a different script, they want to take their time to make it "their own" and to make it perfect.

- Dullie - 2009-10-03

Peligrozo Wrote:I have to say though, that I personally think that more people find it easier the way it currently is. Personally, the episode name doesn't mean anything to me in most of the tv shows that I have. I much prefer it the way it is currently.

the episode name will just be on top, while the shows name and season # will be available below as usual.. I think the priority should be the episode name. In the end it is me who navigated to that show, and to that season, but I am looking for a certain episode. I think my memory could handle which Show, and season I am navigating Wink

- acemt - 2009-10-03

Hey all,

Does anyoe know of a secondary way to get the fonts, as the website is down and I would love to install showmix. TIA

Mark

- AnalogKid - 2009-10-03

acemt Wrote:Hey all,

Does anyoe know of a secondary way to get the fonts, as the website is down and I would love to install showmix. TIA

Mark

COPY them from another Aeon based skin... (assuming you've got one installed)

- azido - 2009-10-03

acemt Wrote:Hey all,

Mark

which website are you referring to? mine is not down for sure.
answers for other posts follow - just have family day today.

take those..

- acemt - 2009-10-03

AnalogKid Wrote:COPY them from another Aeon based skin... (assuming you've got one installed)

No other skin installed yet. I go right for the best....

And, No Azido, you site is good. the site that you link to for the fonts is a no go.

Mark

- ederson - 2009-10-03

I`ve got a small font problem

No matter what i select in the appearance settings i can get it display greek characters. This affects only my music cause i have songs and artists in Greek

So i thought i could change the corresponding fonts in font.xml. But i can`t find what to change! Try and error so far hasn`t produced anything Big Grin

Could someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks

- MrDVD - 2009-10-03

Hallo, maybe its asked before but i cant find it @ this mega thread.
How can i display this htpc infos like in the default skin ? The one via the exit button and than the "i" button where you can see GPU temp and so on.

- azido - 2009-10-03

acemt Wrote:No other skin installed yet. I go right for the best....

And, No Azido, you site is good. the site that you link to for the fonts is a no go.

Mark

the fonts are now available at showmix.azido.de

- acemt - 2009-10-04

azido Wrote:the fonts are now available at showmix.azido.de

Thanks Azido

FYI: showmix.azido.de now accepts membership signup - azido - 2009-10-04

that means, if you like to contribute artist thumbs to help getting the collection as complete as possible, you can now register your account and start uploading Nod

- azido - 2009-10-04

flxfxp Wrote:By the way, why does it need to shutdown XBMC when you're done setting up the menu items? In my humble opinion this is very inefficient. The other Aeon forks do not have this problem.

Everytime I change stuff in the menu it shuts down, which requires me to:
  1. boot up a pc
  2. wait until logon
  3. log on to machine
  4. connect
  5. fill in credentials
  6. sudo execute xbmc
  7. again fill in credentials
  8. logoff machine
  9. shutdown pc

Will this behaviour be fixed? It would be great if it would restart xbmc instead of quitting it.

uh?!?

shutting down xbmc does not mean to shut down the whole pc.. seems like you have a strange setup. or do you use xbmc on a machine that you have to login to? in that case, how about accessing that machine with any of the available VNC apps so you can simply restart xbmc remotely?

does the same apply to you when you manually shut down xbmc?

thing is: for some settings, you are absolutely required to close xbmc and restart it, as it will not work as expected if not doing so. that's why we trigger an auto-quit here, to make sure it's done. we encountered some very strange behaviours like visible conditions no longer working, pages not showing, options not working. these all have to do with the extensions we use in this mod, which kinda are too much for xbmc to handle. andy did as much code cleanup as he was able too (which btw was A LOT), but the usage of some hacks that are needed to get our stuff working simply require restarts.

i apologize for your inconveniences, but i guess there is nothing we can do about that at the moment. either the need to quit xbmc or loose home customisation. these are the options, and i personally would not like to go for the latter.

btw: there IS a restart function in xbmc, but it never worked for me on my windows machine. restart simply quits xbmc here, too.

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-04

azido Wrote:that means, if you like to contribute artist thumbs to help getting the collection as complete as possible, you can now register your account and start uploading Nod
Hmm, I registered 5-10 minutes ago but I haven't received the confirmation e-mail yet.

- azido - 2009-10-04

MrDVD Wrote:Hallo, maybe its asked before but i cant find it @ this mega thread.
How can i display this htpc infos like in the default skin ? The one via the exit button and than the "i" button where you can see GPU temp and so on.

not coded in yet. there was such a page accessible in the aeon assistant, but we removed the whole assistant code (since it doesn't hold anything useful and just wasted code). unfortunately it wasn't like the one you see for pm3 hd, so it was not really of any use, too.

if you like to get such an info page in, you might add it as a feature request at our assembla ticket system.