Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-10-05

logictester Wrote:i prefer it without the thumb on the right - it looks misplaced, and the alignment makes an empty floor on the left

so a small empty floor on the left is bad, but a big hole on top right is good?

i don't get that.

if we stack 3 of them on the left without one on the right, to me that upper right corner does look empty.

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-05

I'm not sure about that. I think I'd like having only 2-3 thumbs on the left hand side the best. It feels more "clean" to have the poster (and no thumbs) on the right-hand side to me.

Edit: Did a quick mockup with 3 thumbs. I do like both of the 2 and 3 thumbs examples a LOT, but I'm not sure which one of them I prefer. However, in this 3 thumb mockup, I don't think the upper right corner feels very empty. The gap feels the same way in the screenshot with 2 thumbs (although in that case it's the poster that's bigger than the extrathumbs).

- neurosis13 - 2009-10-05

maybe a forth thumb on the left would make it look more
homogenous. If too many people dont like the upper right extrathumb so it could
be replaced with some more useful info of the movie, i miss for example the movie tagline or how you called it.

Or another idea i have, this uliux mod with the filmstrip:

Laugh ok it's late

- neurosis13 - 2009-10-05

i forgot to say that the upper right extrathumb could also act like the trailer
window, which should be some kind of standard anyway.
So you have dublex usuability in the upper right corner.
Laugh

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-05

neurosis13 Wrote:maybe a forth thumb on the left would make it look more
homogenous. If too many people dont like the upper right extrathumb so it could
be replaced with some more useful info of the movie, i miss for example the movie tagline or how you called it.

Or another idea i have, this uliux mod with the filmstrip:

Laugh ok it's late

I have to say that I think that looks messy with the filmstrips, and I also think the screenshot with 4 extrathumbs feels too crowded as it is. 2 or 3 gets my vote Laugh

- patkhoo - 2009-10-05

azido Wrote:so a small empty floor on the left is bad, but a big hole on top right is good?

i don't get that.

if we stack 3 of them on the left without one on the right, to me that upper right corner does look empty.

I think these extrathumbs make lowlist look very "busy".

With EMM, I automatically scrape 9 extra thumbs myself, so I like how the current info screen rotates the extra thumbs and still retains the sleek clean look..

But with this, ... Sad Again, the main purpose of Low List was to give more fanart view-time. If Low List is designed to look good with "Info Always On", and has neat visual tricks when navigating from one movie to another, that's great, but that moves the Low List even further away from the original goal - fanart. I mean I personally set info trigger, but that's because I DO want to view fanart.

That said, maybe there is a compromise.

As an alternate approach, how about a way to close info? If someone has Info Always On or Triggered, is there a way to "un-trigger" Info to view the fanart? Now, normally moving the selection to the scrollbar (down in showmix, or right in lowlist) will normally untrigger info, unless you have a trailer, in which case, it plays the trailer instead of hiding info. Anyway to have both?

- azido - 2009-10-05

i still don't get your points here. if you like the low list to be minimal, turn extrathumbs off!

where is the problem.. it's not like we force you to use them.

- logictester - 2009-10-05

i think it's better to have a whole on the right where u see the fanart then having a whole on the left where all you see is an empty floor. 3 or 4 thumbs on the left - which can be switched on and off are much better then this one misplaced thumb on the right

- azido - 2009-10-05

logictester Wrote:i think it's better to have a whole on the right where u see the fanart then having a whole on the left where all you see is an empty floor. 3 or 4 thumbs on the left - which can be switched on and off are much better then this one misplaced thumb on the right

so basically you are just against the right thumb?

- Danielocean - 2009-10-05

Peligrozo Wrote:Yeah, that's the same feeling that I have. I think this layout is pretty much perfect (although adding one more extrathumb there on the left hand side might work).

100% agree!!!

the thumb upside the poster dosn't look good...

for me, i think it would the best to have only the poster, the low-list and ONE thumb (which changed), and by trigger there will only get in the info-box...

- flxfxp - 2009-10-05

azido Wrote:uh?!?

shutting down xbmc does not mean to shut down the whole pc.. seems like you have a strange setup. or do you use xbmc on a machine that you have to login to? in that case, how about accessing that machine with any of the available VNC apps so you can simply restart xbmc remotely?

does the same apply to you when you manually shut down xbmc?

thing is: for some settings, you are absolutely required to close xbmc and restart it, as it will not work as expected if not doing so. that's why we trigger an auto-quit here, to make sure it's done. we encountered some very strange behaviours like visible conditions no longer working, pages not showing, options not working. these all have to do with the extensions we use in this mod, which kinda are too much for xbmc to handle. andy did as much code cleanup as he was able too (which btw was A LOT), but the usage of some hacks that are needed to get our stuff working simply require restarts.

i apologize for your inconveniences, but i guess there is nothing we can do about that at the moment. either the need to quit xbmc or loose home customisation. these are the options, and i personally would not like to go for the latter.

btw: there IS a restart function in xbmc, but it never worked for me on my windows machine. restart simply quits xbmc here, too.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. By shutting down i meant shutting down xbmc. Xbmc exits and because I don't have a mouse and keyboard attached I have to boot up another pc to start xbmc again. Isn't it possible for xbmc to exit and start again instead of only exiting? This would make thing ALOT easier.

Thanks,

Dennis

P.s: Is there a way to include the integrated filemanager on the home screen? Would be a nice addition to the options in Home Menu.

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-05

azido Wrote:so basically you are just against the right thumb?
That's pretty much the same as me. Although as you remove the right thumb, you can also move the left thumbs a bit down towards the floor again as they no longer need to be aligned with the right thumb, so you'd also get the reflection back again. 2-3 thumbs on the left would be perfect - I thought everyone totally loved the screenshot you published with two extrathumbs anyway Wink

- zwat - 2009-10-05

what about the extrathumbs not having any effects or borders and rearange the order from bottom left 1 and to rop right 4(5) and if u don't have any extrathumbs nothing will show and if u do have 2 it will come at the bottom and if u have 4 whole screen will be full?

- soder - 2009-10-05

marvin Wrote:XBMC.ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)

Thanks. I have now mapped that function to be used from my main menu.

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-05

moaning has to come to an end now.

new option: STYLE change for lowlist.

usage:

- 0 extrathumbs at all
- 2 extrathumbs on bottom like before
- 4 extrathumbs like they are now.

now for gods sake no further discussion about those thumbs, please.