Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-10-06

Ram2000 Wrote:Its in the first post here

iam using linux...

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-06

PrimaryMaster Wrote:iam using linux...

ikons builds;
Main linuxport SVN builds.

They are on there as well I believe...

- azido - 2009-10-06

PrimaryMaster Wrote:iam using linux...

as you are on ubuntu, you should maybe have a look into this - or ask flxfxp if he's so kind to give you assistance in that.

neither me nor andy are using linux/ubuntu, so you might already know more than us about that Wink

- patkhoo - 2009-10-06

azido Wrote:i still don't get your points here. if you like the low list to be minimal, turn extrathumbs off!

where is the problem.. it's not like we force you to use them.

Turn extrathumbs off? In Low List? Did you already suggest that? Where/when was that? Yeah, then I think that would work..

- patkhoo - 2009-10-06

logictester Wrote:Andy you RULE!!

OK, now that's fantastic! Yes, Andy, you Rock!

But yeah man, I'm having trouble keeping up with the posts on this thread... I'm sure I must have missed entire pages of debate.. I wonder how you guys find the time to do this stuff and juggle your day job + significant other.. Kudos to you guys Andy and Matt!

- soder - 2009-10-06

flxfxp Wrote:What is the proper way of submitting bugs for Aeon Showmix? I've also noticed with the git of today that it restarts xbmc everytime you go back to the main menu.

I think I already filed a bug report for this.

/Söder

EDIT: cant find it now, but I know I have done it one time..

Aeon ShowMix Resources Center - Danielocean - 2009-10-06

Thanks for the good job on Aeon ShowMix Resources Center... but i have some guidance notes...:

the first issue is the "corner-problem". here is a sample you can see what i mean:

the border in the corner is broken, so it's not right... it should be like this:

to make the right corners without broken borders, the artist pic should be the lowest layer... like this:

the second issue is the "distortion". you ca see it on the last sample also... some times you have to distort the picture, mostly if it is a band with more than 3 persons... but with only one guy on a pic, it is not necessary to distort.

Another issue is to set the right name. look at this sample to see what's right and what's wrong:

WRONG:

RIGHT:

(Here you can see the corner issue again.) The name should be right (i now, i've made it also wrong with ani/amy Wink ). Please check the correct name by wikipedia or something like that. Sometimes the "THE" is part of the name (like the upper sample: THE PRODIGY), sometimes the "THE" is NOT par of the name (like PUSSYCAT DOLLS; there is no THE!!!).

- zwat - 2009-10-06

damn i just did 14 more thumbs with those corners, but i blame the template Big Grin

- Danielocean - 2009-10-06

never mind...

i will repare the wrong pictures, so you don't need to do anything...

- psike - 2009-10-06

yeah sorry for the corners stuff. My first pics was like that but then I saw it.
But how do you make them fit without distort? Sorry for being such a photoshop noob.

EDIT: Think I've figured it out.
Sorry for the pics that already distort.

By the way...Isn't this conversation should be at the forum over showmix.azido.de?
This thread is huge. personally I think it's time to open a sub-forum only for ShowMix.

one second....

i will make a picture, so you can see what to do...

BUT MAKE SURE, YOU HAVE THE NEW TEMPLATE (Version 2) !!!

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-06

I also uploaded some artists now, mainly for old classical music so there are some pictures with not so great quality, and most of them will probably never be used as probably not so many users have those cd's Tongue

- zwat - 2009-10-06

Danielocean Wrote:never mind...

i will repare the wrong pictures, so you don't need to do anything...

i had a few regrets option so i did redo 5 of mine.
mauro picotto, tony de vit, benassi bros, benny benassi and oforia i fixed. if you could do the rest of em would be great.

how to build a thumb for Aeon ShowMix Resource Center - Danielocean - 2009-10-06

This should be an easy guide line to make thumbs:

the given situation is that you have open the new template (version 2), and also you has copied the artist picture in this template, so that we can start. Look at the upper graphic:

1.: You have to select the artist layer, so you can work on it.
2.: You have to choose this tool/instrument, so there will come these symbols...:
3.: You have to make a short klick on this symbol, so the editing bar will change (it's no problem if the layer is greater than the template; the template ist like a mask):
4.: On this editing bar, you have to klick on this symbol to keep the ratio of the layer...:
5.: and now you can resize the artist layer by klick & hold mouse button on this symbol and moving the mouse.
6.: Sometimes you have to distort a pic, cause there are more people on pic: them you can klick & hold mouse button on this symbol and moving the mouse; but please only distort the layer if it is necessary.
7.: if you klick & hold mouse button here and moving the mouse, you can move the layer without resizing.
8.: Now you have to double klick on this "T" to change the artist name; there are two rows but only use the second row if the name is to long for only one row. DON'T move or resize the text-layer or letters!
9.: Save the finish thumb by klicking here an them "save as...". Save the thumb as .jpg; for the file name don't use things like this: "ä,ü,ö,ß,é,è,â,§,$ etc"

zwat Wrote:i had a few regrets option so i did redo 5 of mine.
mauro picotto, tony de vit, benassi bros, benny benassi and oforia i fixed. if you could do the rest of em would be great.

i will review all uploaded thumbs again, will repair them (corners/distortion) and azido will replace the wrong thumbs with the new one...

So please don't upload another version of you thumbs Smile