Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- adriank99 - 2009-10-08

DataVamp Wrote:I had my TV shows in multiplex poster view, but now multiplex for TV doesn't show posters it shows them as thumbs (like the episodes appear). Is there a way to display them as posters again?

Settings >> Advanced >> Views, there you have the options to display poster view

- DataVamp - 2009-10-08

Rolleyes I knew it had t be something simple I was overlooking. Thanks.

- zwat - 2009-10-08

found one bug. on the trigger menu the background is too small. it contains 4 settings auto on of trigger, and first time u enter it it show those 4, but after u have chosen one it pops down to 3 and background is ok. not done any testing on it if it only happens the first time or if it happens every time on one or more settings.

- azido - 2009-10-08

zwat Wrote:found one bug. on the trigger menu the background is too small. it contains 4 settings auto on of trigger, and first time u enter it it show those 4, but after u have chosen one it pops down to 3 and background is ok. not done any testing on it if it only happens the first time or if it happens every time on one or more settings.

that's not really a bug, that happens only if there is no default style set yet. as soon as you've set one, you will see only 3 options which fit perfectly.

- soder - 2009-10-08

Ram2000 Wrote:They are part of the download aslong as youve given you movies Genres should work ok

Trying to implement my clear genre pack but cant find the template for that display is it packed in the xpr file ?
and If so could you post just that file so I can start work on converting them thanks.

Hmm I have set folders for my fanart for movies?

Now when I enter "GENRE" from my sub menu of MOVIES, I only have a purple background, and the Thumb are a man holding a ?.

Only for "BIOGRAPHY" I think, there was a background from "In to the Wild".

Why don't I have other?

/Söder

EDIT: My movies are scraped with XBMC, and I don't use custom .nfo's.

- soder - 2009-10-08

soder Wrote:Hmm I have set folders for my fanart for movies?

Now when I enter "GENRE" from my sub menu of MOVIES, I only have a purple background, and the Thumb are a man holding a ?.

Only for "BIOGRAPHY" I think, there was a background from "In to the Wild".

Why don't I have other?

/Söder

EDIT: My movies are scraped with XBMC, and I don't use custom .nfo's.

Does anybody else use Linux (Ubuntu) for there XBMC, and have problem with the music genre thumbs?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-08

soder Wrote:Does anybody else use Linux (Ubuntu) for there XBMC, and have problem with the music genre thumbs?

/Söder

most likely it's possible we have another case sensivity issue here. All images in musicgenrethumb folder are lower case, so on linux you have to uppercase the 1st letter to get a match to the genre.

- soder - 2009-10-08

azido Wrote:most likely it's possible we have another case sensivity issue here. All images in musicgenrethumb folder are lower case, so on linux you have to uppercase the 1st letter to get a match to the genre.

Yes, that was the "case". :p

/Söder

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-10-08

Really like this mod, many thanks for it!

Only thing I'm wondering is little inconsistency between INFO OSD and Menu OSD while playing video, both could use some love imo Wink Otherwise this skin is just perfect!

- zwat - 2009-10-08

if it is a case issue it should be fixed on github i guess. makes it easier for newbies (and experienced users). everything should work out of the box. too bad that fonts can not be included, probably is a valid but stupid reason for that.

- patkhoo - 2009-10-08

zwat Wrote:if it is a case issue it should be fixed on github i guess. makes it easier for newbies (and experienced users). everything should work out of the box. too bad that fonts can not be included, probably is a valid but stupid reason for that.

Fonts are not included on Github because there was a concern that the original Aeon Fonts are not free legally, and thus, not allowed on Github.

However, in my Aeon Download/Install/Update script, I've already included fonts, git, xbmcupdate, etc all you need to download, install, and update Aeon Showmix (+Hitched/Auriga/Phil65) on Windows/Linux/Mac.

So for newbies, I'd say that would be the easiest... but duh, of course my opinion is biased.. Rolleyes

- zwat - 2009-10-08

i know it's some issues with font legality (hence valid reason) but why not every font is free i don't understand (hence stupid reason) Big Grin
i tried ur scrip but thought the git pull took too long and it seemed to replace every picture file. at least allot of files got listed. maybe that's been fixed in never versions. and xbmc update in same script might be bad if the nightly build fucks up too much.

so i prefer the manual git even tho it's more work and seems harder to do for ppl new to this.

- popper - 2009-10-08

I've tried to search these forums for a solution, but can't seem to find one for a problem I'm having. I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I've updated to the new showmix 2.1 (which is great by the way)
But I keep getting a scripts error
"Python Script failed: Special://skin/extras/extras.py"
And I'm missing my movies and TV shows.
(I used builds 22516 and 22528 at the time)

Updating to a newer XBMC build gets rid of the extras.py error and makes everything go back to normal. But I get a problem playing any movies. Basically it plays fine, but when I press ESC to go to the menu, the audio stops on the movie (though it still plays). If I press TAB to return to the movie, it becomes unstable and freezes. This problem isn't specific to Aeon, because I get the same behaviour using other skins.

So until I can find out what the problem is with the later builds (I've tried many builds and can pin point the movie playback bug to a certain build) I'll have to resort to builds, before this playback problem was introduced. But the problem with this is the extras.py error.

I've been at it for a while, and am stumped. Sad

- flxfxp - 2009-10-08

flxfxp Wrote:XBMC keeps crashing (and restarting) when I go into a certain menu such as Videos, Movies, Music. If I play a file, stop it, and return to the main menu using ESC, it crashes.
Tried on 3 different machines.

Thoughts?
Bump. Where to post bugs? It's annoying to have developers, beta testers, end users, designers and newbies in one thread...

- rausch101 - 2009-10-08

flxfxp Wrote:Bump. Where to post bugs? It's annoying to have developers, beta testers, end users, designers and newbies in one thread...

I agree, it's a little jumbled in this thread.

I think you submit bugs here