Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- zwat - 2009-10-08

crash just on aeon showmix or all skins?

- popper - 2009-10-08

It was a crash on all skins

Thanks for replying, I apologize for clogging up the thread. Having searched answers to my problems many times before on this forum, I can understand the need for organisation. I've had this problem for a while, and waited for a while to see if others were getting it, but they weren't. So I thought it was something specific to my machine like display drivers or codecs or something.

I have just fixed the error though, Yes I'm an idiot. Apparently it was due to something in my settings. Purge didn't exactly purge everything. But deleting all my userdata and redoing all my settings did the trick.

I'm very happy now that I can enjoy a fully functioning showmix 2.1 Big Grin

- sandman4sure - 2009-10-08

popper Wrote:So until I can find out what the problem is with the later builds (I've tried many builds and can pin point the movie playback bug to a certain build) I'll have to resort to builds, before this playback problem was introduced. But the problem with this is the extras.py error.

I've been at it for a while, and am stumped. Sad

I had the same problem and so I use the new version now, although some things seem a bit more unstable.

I think when you ditch all your settings in the userdata folder the problem goes away.
I'm too lazy to start all over again Smile

Maybe only purging your settings in the settings menu is enough? (I think that one cleans guisettings.xml)

I haven't tried any of this, so please make a backup first!

- sexten - 2009-10-08

Hey. I have a few "general" questions.

1) Is there a version of ShowMix that works with XBMC 9.04 Stable (no SVN-release)?
2) What version of XBMC is ShowMix 2.1 supposed to work with? 22516? Latest? 9.04?
3) If no to 1), will there possibly exist a version of ShowMix that supports 9.10 Stable?

- Moldiver - 2009-10-08

Installed the latest version and everything seems fine apart from the advanced section in the settings menu. When i access the advanced menu sometimes i get settings and sometimes it is blank, any ideas what's up?

- villalbator - 2009-10-08

The same problem for me. First, some menus were blank (personalize aeon, advance settings,..) but others were ok
I did a reboot and it appeared to be solved. However, the left pannel for view settings is now blank so I'cant choose the view preferences, etc...

I think that I did a clean instalallion (first, I deleted guisettings.xml and then downloaded and placed in the skin folder the last version from GitHub)

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

- azido - 2009-10-08

all those issues you ppl get are known issues due to the exhaustion of xbmc's skin engine.

start reading the wiki, gents. every of the last approx. 10 questions is answered there.

- azido - 2009-10-08

flxfxp Wrote:Bump. Where to post bugs? It's annoying to have developers, beta testers, end users, designers and newbies in one thread...

i wonder if that's really a skin problem.

never encountered something like this..

- azido - 2009-10-08

zwat Wrote:i know it's some issues with font legality (hence valid reason) but why not every font is free i don't understand (hence stupid reason) Big Grin
i tried ur scrip but thought the git pull took too long and it seemed to replace every picture file. at least allot of files got listed. maybe that's been fixed in never versions. and xbmc update in same script might be bad if the nightly build fucks up too much.

so i prefer the manual git even tho it's more work and seems harder to do for ppl new to this.

fonts are from now on always accessible at the resource center.

we don't want to get kicked off github because of that fonts.

- logictester - 2009-10-08

flxfxp Wrote:Bump. Where to post bugs? It's annoying to have developers, beta testers, end users, designers and newbies in one thread...

i think it's actually svn version problems - looking at the linux thread - many ppl report the same issue - had it myself. i've noticed that if you start xbmc and let it run for about 3 minutes without touching anything - it doesn't crash....

Download only the updates? - [els] - 2009-10-08

I noticed that there were updates. Is it possible to download only the updates?
Please be patient with me and if possible, explain how. Rolleyes
Grateful.
[els]

- azido - 2009-10-08

[els];415979 Wrote:I noticed that there were updates. Is it possible to download only the updates?
Please be patient with me and if possible, explain how. Rolleyes
Grateful.
[els]

generally that depends on how you received your copy of showmix.

actually i advise you to do a full new version instead.

for all your questions have a look at the wiki - it explains everything you need to know.

- azido - 2009-10-08

logictester Wrote:i think it's actually svn version problems - looking at the linux thread - many ppl report the same issue - had it myself. i've noticed that if you start xbmc and let it run for about 3 minutes without touching anything - it doesn't crash....

linux seems to be coffee-friendly then. everytime you start xbmc, get a coffee before you do anything Rolleyes

- logictester - 2009-10-08

azido Wrote:linux seems to be coffee-friendly then. everytime you start xbmc, get a coffee before you do anything Rolleyes

as long as this coffee is served with VDPAU i'm happy Smile

- azido - 2009-10-08

logictester Wrote:as long as this coffee is served with VDPAU i'm happy Smile

haha.. well, i'm heading more for milk and sugar as an addition Laugh

@all: FYI: new poll on resource center, make sure you vote.