Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:i'm running 23658 right now and still have my libraries?
we NEVER had a switch to enable disable library in ShowMix. So why should it change anything when it never was part of the skin?

the default behaviour of music/movie&tv shortcut is based on your last action before you used esc to go back to home menu. so if you use sub menu of music to go to artists, then escape, then simply hit MUSIC shortcut again, you should be directly in the artists node you've just left.

BUT if I use the sub menu, ARTIST, I only come to the default file view for music.

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-13

soder Wrote:BUT if I use the sub menu, ARTIST, I only come to the default file view for music.

/Söder

then chances are you might need to rebuild your library for newer svns (like i did anyway, as i don't want to touch my working lib for SVN 22516)

I know about some changes in libraries for newer builds, and heard the lib is not backwards compatible to older builds, so that might be your problem.

i can promise you that's nothing to do with our skin. they removed AN OPTION TOGGLE SWITCH and it's conditions we never used anyway. PM3 HD had that switch, i guess RAPIER too, but showmix never had it.

See for yourself, you won't find "musiclibrary.enabled" or "videolibrary.enabled" in your guisettings.xml or any of our skin xmls referring to a showmix skinsetting.

- soder - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:then chances are you might need to rebuild your library for newer svns (like i did anyway, as i don't want to touch my working lib for SVN 22516)

I know about some changes in libraries for newer builds, and heard the lib is not backwards compatible to older builds, so that might be your problem.

i can promise you that's nothing to do with our skin. they removed AN OPTION TOGGLE SWITCH and it's conditions we never used anyway. PM3 HD had that switch, i guess RAPIER too, but showmix never had it.

See for yourself, you won't find "musiclibrary.enabled" or "videolibrary.enabled" in your guisettings.xml or any of our skin xmls referring to a showmix skinsetting.

I rebuilded my movie library just a week ago.

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-13

soder Wrote:I rebuilded my movie library just a week ago.

/Söder

sometimes your ignorance is killing me.

i mean, i'm using showmix on the most recent dx build available this moment, having no problems accessing my new created library. my version of showmix is not different than yours.
you have troubles in getting into lib view in showmix with whatsoever you're using.

now who's to change something?

- soder - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:sometimes your ignorance is killing me.

Lol.

Understand me when I say that there is more fun things to do then rebuild my library every week. =(

/Söder

- Only One Haze - 2009-10-13

soder Wrote:Lol.

Understand me when I say that there is more fun things to do then rebuild my library every week. =(

/Söder

those kind of things come with the territory of staying up with the latest builds... its a risk u take.

- azido - 2009-10-13

Only One Haze Wrote:those kind of things come with the territory of staying up with the latest builds... its a risk u take.

exactly! thanks.

ppl that stay on SVN 22516 like it's mentioned everywhere will not be harmed at given time.

of course i do testing of new builds also, but on them i a)know it's just a test, b)know there might be critical issues and c)know that i might even need to rescrape my sister's ass in order to get them working.

- azido - 2009-10-13

soder Wrote:Lol.

/Söder

Rolleyes

then do not touch builds being in an unknown state?

easy as that.

btw: i redo libraries about 10-15 times a week - just to make sure you guys get a working showmix.

- soder - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:Rolleyes

then do not touch builds being in an unknown state?

easy as that.

btw: i redo libraries about 10-15 times a week - just to make sure you guys get a working showmix.

But you got your .xlm-files I guess...I like to keep my episodes in my library even when I removed my files...

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-13

soder Wrote:But you got your .xlm-files I guess...I like to keep my episodes in my library even when I removed my files...

/Söder

your usage of xbmc is completely nonsense for me anyway Laugh

on one hand, you don't want to do any extra/third party work to get a beautiful, easy to redoing library as you're more like a consumer that just wants a gui for his videos, on the other hand you want to keep stuff inside the library that you will never access again?

hm..

my simple advise would be: after importing/scraping new media, simply use "export video database" to seperate files. will save you a lot of time when you were told by a grumpy bastard called azido you have to rescan your lib again.. Wink

- soder - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:your usage of xbmc is completely nonsense for me anyway Laugh

on one hand, you don't want to do any extra/third party work to get a beautiful, easy to redoing library as you're more like a consumer that just wants a gui for his videos, on the other hand you want to keep stuff inside the library that you will never access again?

hm..

my simple advise would be: after importing/scraping new media, simply use "export video database" to seperate files. will save you a lot of time when you were told by a grumpy bastard called azido you have to rescan your lib again.. Wink

=)

1. I only keep the info for TV Shows. Fun to know about the episodes, in a nice way. But I guess I will have to skip that now since now cleaned my library on your advice.

2. When I got "the info" in the folders, like xml and .tbn and .jpg, I find it difficult for XMBC to also browse NEW info from thetvdb when I want to change to a new background or thumb. That's why I dont "trust" the export library thing. That force me to be stucked with that info, or use other programs.

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-13

soder Wrote:=)

2. When I got "the info" in the folders, like xml and .tbn and .jpg, I find it difficult for XBMC to also browse NEW info from thetvdb when I want to change to a new background or thumb. That's why I dont "trust" the export library thing. That force me to be stucked with that info, or use other programs.

/Söder

how many times do you actually switch a fanart or a poster for a show? how hard is it in that case to remove fanart.jpg and poster.jpg and/or simply select new ones in the fullscreen info window?

- soder - 2009-10-13

azido Wrote:how many times do you actually switch a fanart or a poster for a show? how hard is it in that case to remove fanart.jpg and poster.jpg and/or simply select new ones in the fullscreen info window?

Well, shall you all say, that fixes all your libraries in external programs?
I mean, I think you fixing with your XBMC more then I sometimes look for new thumbs or fanarts.

I have actually tried that, to remove all the info in the folders, and then try to select a new one in fullscreen info. That's what not working.

This subject is crazy. I'm greatful for all help I've got..

=)

Thanks.

BUT, I dont think me redoing the library is fixing my problem with the no library thing. Doesnt seems like that.
Maybe I have to wait for a newer SVN.

/Söder

- soder - 2009-10-13

soder Wrote:Well, shall you all say, that fixes all your libraries in external programs?
I mean, I think you fixing with your XBMC more then I sometimes look for new thumbs or fanarts.

I have actually tried that, to remove all the info in the folders, and then try to select a new one in fullscreen info. That's what not working.

This subject is crazy. I'm greatful for all help I've got..

=)

Thanks.

BUT, I dont think me redoing the library is fixing my problem with the no library thing. Doesnt seems like that.
Maybe I have to wait for a newer SVN.

/Söder

Also, if I should export my library, that would fuck up my .nfo that I allready have?

/Söder

- sandman4sure - 2009-10-13

I usually follow the following steps:

1. make backup of userdata folder
2. try a newer svn build
3. svn build is not good: move back userdata folder and old XBMC

Also, in XBMC use the export library function and write all .nfo files to the movie dir. The next time it is a piece of cake to rebuild your library. You can also tell XBMC to not overwrite existing files. This way you can also export your fanart and movie thumb to the movie folder.

But for you start: backup your userdata folder.