Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- Mike2023 - 2009-10-14

Ram2000 Wrote:I have one season doing the same BLADE The Series I am on 22516 latest pull from git
Series level

Episode Level

Ive tried everything even deleting the lib all the thumbs but still wont pick it up very strange.
Ive even put every type of picture in there it could possibly use.
(and yes I replaced the default with a clear cover think it looks better IMO.

At least I know its not just me, I have an idea I am about to try, I will post back if it works.

- azido - 2009-10-14

Ram2000 Wrote:I have infact I have

Blade.jpg
Blade.tbn
Folder.jpg
Folder.tbn
Poster.jpg
Poster.tbn
Season01.tbn
Season1.tbn

Its only on this one series just cant get it to show the poster at episode level didn't mention it before as it works for all the others.
So I dont think its anything to do with the skin or SVN just one of those things....

too many images anyway.

- Mike2023 - 2009-10-14

Well, that did not work, now none of my season thumbs work.

I deleted all the images in the user data folder that xbmc had copied over. Once I started xbmc up again it loaded all the images and once again made a copy to the user data folder. But no luck with season thumbs.

Any ideas?

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-14

azido Wrote:too many images anyway.
Well if one doesn't work I add one till I find the one its using seems to be using the season01.tbn in all the other folders
but doesn't wont to pick this one up as I said I don't think its a skin issue just wanted to let Mike2023 know hes not going mad.

A more constructive reply might have been This view uses the Season01.tbn check that.
as you most remember most of us are not nearly as clever as you guys and need alot of help to get this great mod looking as good as it should.

- adriank99 - 2009-10-14

Is there any mod that lets you pick which flags you would like to use? for example for TV Shows i only want Star Rating, HDTV, and Studio. But in Movies i want all my flags to show? If there isn't anything like that would it be possible to implement?

- azido - 2009-10-14

adriank99 Wrote:Is there any mod that lets you pick which flags you would like to use? for example for TV Shows i only want Star Rating, HDTV, and Studio. But in Movies i want all my flags to show? If there isn't anything like that would it be possible to implement?

may i ask why you don't want to see info about videocodec, audiocodec and number of channels for your episodes? plus, if they are disabled, you get a half-emptied flag panel - sure you want that?

- azido - 2009-10-14

Ram2000 Wrote:Well if one doesn't work I add one till I find the one its using seems to be using the season01.tbn in all the other folders
but doesn't wont to pick this one up as I said I don't think its a skin issue just wanted to let Mike2023 know hes not going mad.

A more constructive reply might have been This view uses the Season01.tbn check that.
as you most remember most of us are not nearly as clever as you guys and need alot of help to get this great mod looking as good as it should.

sometimes the behaviour in tv shows is a miracle for me, too. you can be sure, if i would exactly know what's going wrong there i would tell you.

the view uses whatever gets cached/noticed by xbmc.

and as you already found out - that's no skin issue.

the only real useful tip i can give you here is: follow the advise in xbmc manual about how to prepare your tv shows. another one is: sometimes i am able to add a season thumb by selecting "set season thumb" in season selection view, and sometimes it only works in file mode. not sure what's the problem there..

- adriank99 - 2009-10-15

azido Wrote:may i ask why you don't want to see info about videocodec, audiocodec and number of channels for your episodes? plus, if they are disabled, you get a half-emptied flag panel - sure you want that?

well im using Media Info Plus and its not doing a very good job pulling down all flags for tv shows...works great for movies though...

- azido - 2009-10-15

adriank99 Wrote:well im using Media Info Plus and its not doing a very good job pulling down all flags for tv shows...works great for movies though...

then you should more likely push fekker to correct that issues.

xbmc itself does a really good job in reading the required data, so there is no reason why we should stop showmix from displaying them.

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-15

Ok I think Ive found the problem I noticed this was only occurring on Shows with one Season IE Blade If I uncheck Flatten TV shows if only one episode the problem has Gone.
Hope this helps Mike :p

- phonics - 2009-10-15

adriank99 Wrote:Is there any mod that lets you pick which flags you would like to use? for example for TV Shows i only want Star Rating, HDTV, and Studio. But in Movies i want all my flags to show? If there isn't anything like that would it be possible to implement?

+1

I haven't installed this yet, only thing holding me back is that there are too many flags showing (just from viewing the screenshots) for my liking. Is it possible to just have 4 (Source, Studio, Codec, HD/SD flags) default flags showing? Smile

In saying that, everything else looks great and I appreciate your hard work on this mod.

- azido - 2009-10-15

phonics Wrote:+1

I haven't installed this yet, only thing holding me back is that there are too many flags showing (just from viewing the screenshots) for my liking. Is it possible to just have 4 (Source, Studio, Codec, HD/SD flags) default flags showing? Smile

In saying that, everything else looks great and I appreciate your hard work on this mod.

you can + as much as you like, the answer will always be NO.

of course you can modify your copy and remove any flag you won't like to be displayed from the media folder. what isn't there won't be displayed, as we don't use the default qestionmark flag duncan invented earlier in his aeon.

- User 49598 - 2009-10-15

azido Wrote:did you ever see such a dialog window in any skin? Rolleyes

this simply can't be done, as every single label in a skin has it's own font declaration.

BUT:

as a side project, i'm working on another fontset, where all labels are as big as possible for this skin, selectable in the appearance settings as AEON AZIDO then.. this might be the one you like to choose then - because i also suffer from too small fonts on my 32" TV when 10 feet away.

but this will take a while, currently i have other objectives.

Actually, yes Smile
In Mediastream skin, you can choose which fontsize to use (Normal, bigger, massive).
I admit the technical implementation is beyond my scope, I'm just a final user in love with your job... Maybe is the same thing you were saying you're working on ?

- azido - 2009-10-15

chareos Wrote:Actually, yes Smile
In Mediastream skin, you can choose which fontsize to use (Normal, bigger, massive).
I admit the technical implementation is beyond my scope, I'm just a final user in love with your job... Maybe is the same thing you were saying you're working on ?

if they are chooseable in appearance -> look & feel -> fonts, that might be different fontsets, yes.

- nugentgl - 2009-10-15

OK, I am having issues with getting ShowMix to work properly. The two issues are:

1. I can't add a new source. If I try to Add Network Location it doesn't do anything. Ordinarily the next box would ask for the server name, share, username and password and I never see that. If I try adding a source via SMB, then I can navigate all the way to the server, but then don't see any shares. If I switch skin to Mediastream Redux Mod or Transparency, I have no issues adding a source.

2. Once I get the source added and content set in MediaStream, switch back to ShowMix and then go into Movies, all I have is a List view. How do I change the view to something impressive as seen in the gallery? I have tried every button on the keyboard and every button on my remote but still nothing. In most other skins, pressing either up, down, right or left on the keypad or remote allows you to change your view, but it isn't working in ShowMix.

Now for my system details. XBMC is installed on top of Ubuntu Jaunty Desktop and running SVN 23725. I was running SVN 23522 and thought it was just a bad SVN so I upgraded, but still same problem. I initially installed ShowMix via the Aeon Install Script tacked at the top of this forum, but thought maybe it was the cause of the problems so I moved onto installing it via BASH prompt. Unfortunately, same problem.

Any suggestions?