Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-10-15

nugentgl Wrote:OK, I am having issues with getting ShowMix to work properly. The two issues are:

Any suggestions?

the very first suggestion would be that you read the wiki. no support for svn versions greater than 22516 respective 22528 on linux YET. that has a reason.

on the other hand neither me nor andy use smb shares, so there MIGHT be something missing even if you use 22516 -i simply don't know. but you should be able to access the vertical menu to change views by pressing arrow left in list view, else something else has been broken in your config or you might have enabled kiosk mode.

- flxfxp - 2009-10-16

I have the problem that when I'm in Multiplex and start a movie, then stop it, the description text are all blocks.

Also, I let the media library automatically scan with trailer support it finds several trailers but for some reason I can't play them when pressing down. Why?

- nugentgl - 2009-10-16

azido Wrote:the very first suggestion would be that you read the wiki. no support for svn versions greater than 22516 respective 22528 on linux YET. that has a reason.

on the other hand neither me nor andy use smb shares, so there MIGHT be something missing even if you use 22516 -i simply don't know. but you should be able to access the vertical menu to change views by pressing arrow left in list view, else something else has been broken in your config or you might have enabled kiosk mode.

Okey dokey. I'll stick with other skins until ShowMix is up to snuff as I don't have any issues with them. I just really wanted to move to ShowMix now that SVN is getting much more stable as opposed to a couple weeks ago.

- adriank99 - 2009-10-16

Hey,

im trying 2 hide the all season thumbs but the code doesnt seem to work. Put the code into Advancedsettings.xml

Code:
- <videolibrary>
  <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
  </videolibrary>

any ideas?

- azido - 2009-10-16

nugentgl Wrote:Okey dokey. I'll stick with other skins until ShowMix is up to snuff as I don't have any issues with them. I just really wanted to move to ShowMix now that SVN is getting much more stable as opposed to a couple weeks ago.

true that, but they are still far away from being completely done by the devs when it comes to merging. a lot of open "holes" need to be closed, and with the change in gui rendering'n'stuff come new troubles skin-wise. so: even if it LOOKS like they are good builds again, they aren't. i'm testing every new windows release, so i'm up to date with most of the changes.

as we are not able to fix some new introduced "problems" with the given svns, we can't do anything else than stick to an older version and wait for things to come.

you can be sure, as soon as there are no new issues regarding the skin, we will upgrade to whatever new standards are set.

- azido - 2009-10-16

flxfxp Wrote:I have the problem that when I'm in Multiplex and start a movie, then stop it, the description text are all blocks.

Also, I let the media library automatically scan with trailer support it finds several trailers but for some reason I can't play them when pressing down. Why?

1. what do you mean with "all blocks" ? i can't reproduce what you come up with and therefore don't know what you mean.

2. me can't neither. did you try that with another skin?

- azido - 2009-10-16

adriank99 Wrote:Hey,

im trying 2 hide the all season thumbs but the code doesnt seem to work. Put the code into Advancedsettings.xml

Code:
- <videolibrary>
  <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
  </videolibrary>
any ideas?

there is nothing wrong with that code as long as you have the recommended build of xbmc. Rolleyes

sure the as.xml is recognised by xbmc? you can check xbmc.log to see if it catches that one up. should be a line like:

18:18:42 T:2680 M:4294967295 NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml

- nugentgl - 2009-10-16

azido Wrote:true that, but they are still far away from being completely done by the devs when it comes to merging. a lot of open "holes" need to be closed, and with the change in gui rendering'n'stuff come new troubles skin-wise. so: even if it LOOKS like they are good builds again, they aren't. i'm testing every new windows release, so i'm up to date with most of the changes.

as we are not able to fix some new introduced "problems" with the given svns, we can't do anything else than stick to an older version and wait for things to come.

you can be sure, as soon as there are no new issues regarding the skin, we will upgrade to whatever new standards are set.

No worries and as always I (we) appreciate everything you, the skinners and devs do to make XBMC the de-facto HTPC frontend.

- adriank99 - 2009-10-16

azido Wrote:there is nothing wrong with that code as long as you have the recommended build of xbmc. Rolleyes

sure the as.xml is recognised by xbmc? you can check xbmc.log to see if it catches that one up. should be a line like:

18:18:42 T:2680 M:4294967295 NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml

thats handy Smile Thanks.

- soder - 2009-10-16

Look at these screens. I've a new scraped library, and today I just added a new episode of Greys Anatomy.

As you can see there is no fanart when I'm on the newest episode in ShowMix. (Normaly there is one of my custom added backgrounds. The black is just a bug in the SVN I use.) The problem is that the fanart for Greys is missing for just one episode.

I also tested in PM3 HD, and there it was.

This is a problem I've seen a while, specially when in the recent added menu. NOT the "recent added plugin", because that I know isnt possible if you having XBMC to scrape.

Can it possible have anything to do with episodes, that are new, and still don't have an episode picture uploaded to thetvdb, and that in some way fucks up the fanart?

Also! Does someone also often have this "dark" layer on the wheater page?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-16

soder Wrote:Look at these screens. I've a new scraped library, and today I just added a new episode of Greys Anatomy.

As you can see there is no fanart when I'm on the newest episode in ShowMix. (Normaly there is one of my custom added backgrounds. The black is just a bug in the SVN I use.) The problem is that the fanart for Greys is missing for just one episode.

i will no longer answer to issues that you come up with by the usage of new svn versions - as long as there is no GO from the devs about them being completed. the last time i scratched my head for nothing as it turned out your missing db was just an svn issue.

and for recently added tv shows: they will only show fanart when there is a fanart FILE present in the show folder. you should already know that.
we cannot access thumbnails from the recently added script.

btw; right now on 23739 i don't get any fanart even for new scraped movies. if i try to assign fanart for a new scraped version of wolverine, it says it downloads the remote thumbs (which takes ages) but i do neither get a preview nor can i assign one of them to the movie. looks like they've simply broken something as this happens even on pm3 hd.

- soder - 2009-10-16

azido Wrote:i will no longer answer to issues that you come up with by the usage of new svn versions - as long as there is no GO from the devs about them being completed. the last time i scratched my head for nothing as it turned out your missing db was just an svn issue.

and for recently added tv shows: they will only show fanart when there is a fanart FILE present in the show folder. you should already know that.
we cannot access thumbnails from the recently added script.

btw; right now on 23739 i don't get any fanart even for new scraped movies. if i try to assign fanart for a new scraped version of wolverine, it says it downloads the remote thumbs (which takes ages) but i do neither get a preview nor can i assign one of them to the movie. looks like they've simply broken something as this happens even on pm3 hd.

About the movies: themoviedb.org is down at the moment.

I understand that you think this has something to do about the SVN, but Ive had this problem a long time. Only I have first now redone my db to see if it was my problem.

Here is a screen from the latest added The Office. Here is everything OK.Thats why I think it has something to do with the episode picture, and me having XBMC to get a picture it self when it's missing from thetvdb.com.

Here is two links to Greys Anatomy and The Office.

Check for Image
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=73244&seasonid=82981&lid=7

NO Check for Image
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=73762&seasonid=79611&lid=7

/Söder

EDIT: At least there was no image when I added the latest Greys Anatomy.
Now removing my episode, and then add it again bring my a fanart for that episode.
Pretty clear that ShowMix do something wrong here.

- azido - 2009-10-16

soder Wrote:About the movies: themoviedb.org is down at the moment.

I understand that you think this has something to do about the SVN, but Ive had this problem a long time. Only I have first now redone my db to see if it was my problem.

ok, so, if i get you right, whenever you scrape an episode where there is no episode thumb available at tvdb, in showmix you get no fanart for that episode. is that right?

- sandman4sure - 2009-10-16

azido Wrote:ok, so, if i get you right, whenever you scrape an episode where there is no episode thumb available at tvdb, in showmix you get no fanart for that episode. is that right?

Yeah, I have that too. I think it was also with the supported svn version.
If thetvdb doesn't have a small thumbnail for the episode, it won't show the fanart.

Do you guys already have a preview of the fullscreen multiplex view? Big Grin
Don't know if that will also be modified, but I saw the new not-fullscreen preview with the bigger thumb and it looked GOOD!

Azido, fullscreen was also your preferred view, right?

- Danielocean - 2009-10-16

take time...