Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- azido - 2009-10-17

zwat Wrote:make a new unsupported thread for builds later than 55258 Tongue

grrrrrr Stare

- flxfxp - 2009-10-17

Some people really don't understand what an effort it costs to answer and research all questions. I assume that andyblac and azido feel the same way I do. I have the same problem over at xbmscript. We're just people doing this on a non-profit basis with minimum time and resources. People are not omniscient about your setups or the reasons they do not work. Try to research some on your own, look at the logs, search on google. That's what I do. Instead of just installing, try to understand some of the inner workings of xbmc, aeon showmix and linux.

/rant

- azido - 2009-10-17

Dullie Wrote:How can I change the images in the settings Menu..? Especially the one with Appearance..? I want to add my Home Theater instead..

you would have to unpack textures.xpr. after that you find the pictures in \media\tutorials\subdirs

- azido - 2009-10-17

flxfxp Wrote:Some people really don't understand what an effort it costs to answer and research all questions.

e-x-a-c-t-l-y.

Although i really like to help out and do all this i do both for showmix and the crowd using it (else i won't do that, trust me), there are basically 3 things that stop me from helping:

1. IGNORANCE
2. BAD ATTITUDES
3. LAZYNESS

while the second one is not in here that much (all ppl in here a mostly friendly ones), the first and third one are a lot. OK, i know, the wiki is still not complete (lot of faq stuff can be added), but ppl in general are either just too lazy to read or simply ignore what's already in there. I mean, i did it for a reason, and that reason was no need to answer the same things over and over again.

Of course you can ignore any recommendations given there. But THEN you are simply on your own. Easy as that.

Now i'm scheduled to do many things in my spare time, all showmix/xbmc related:
1. ongoing development of showmix
2. running showmix.azido.de
3. keeping the wiki up to date
4. get my very own copy completed (library things)
5. testing new builds for myself to see what we are confronted with
6. answer your questions

as time is short, i have to keep the last one as minimal as possible. easy, huh?

if anyone feels he is able to contribute his work to the wiki to make it better/completer (i.e. enhancing the faq section) , gimme a PM and i see if i can give you edit access. but i have a feeling noone is willing to do that job. that's ok.. but then respect our way of handling support.

- Dullie - 2009-10-17

Azido..

I have been following your work for more than 6 months.. When I first came here and joined the XBMC boat.. I noticed that you are the only who has the dedication to answer each and every question without skipping and passing.. Which is what astonished me.. People like you are priceless in this world especially that this project doesn't benefit you financially..

I am a moderator in a forum, and trust me the majority of people are just plain lazy, and they hate reading.. They'd rather throw a question and wait for an answer..

Anyways, I will be glad to help you out with the Wiki, but you will have to give me sometime to learn the insides and outs of XBMC and Aeon, cause I have been using it for just about a month right now.. And to understand that I am from Saudi Arabia, and my english is not that good Big Grin

By the way you dont have to tell me how to unpack the textures, I'll search for it.. Wink

Thank your for time and effort.. Highly appreciated..

- soder - 2009-10-17

Dullie Wrote:.. And to understand that I am from Saudi Arabia, and my english is not that good Big Grin

LOL

For me that sounded great. =)

+1 from me.

I guess Im one of "the lazy"... =)
I got to many Q. =)

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-17

Dullie Wrote:Anyways, I will be glad to help you out with the Wiki, but you will have to give me sometime to learn the insides and outs of XBMC and Aeon, cause I have been using it for just about a month right now.. And to understand that I am from Saudi Arabia, and my english is not that good Big Grin

By the way you dont have to tell me how to unpack the textures, I'll search for it.. Wink

Thank your for time and effort.. Highly appreciated..

well,

thanks for that feedback. there are times (like there it is actually) i need that sort of motivation. i came to a point where i ask myself "why do i do all that?" and came to the answer i'm just really addicted to what we've created so far. it's just that sometimes the nerves go blank when all you get is lazyness and ignorance. but ppl like you keep me doing what i do. so thanks again.

your english is perfect compared to others. i'm from germany, so it's not my native language either.. i don't think that will cause any trouble. babelfish and others are not far away Wink

but anyway, if you really like to help out, that would indeed require you to get known to the aspects you are writing about. at least it will help you in knowing WHAT to write. So take your time, and when you feel comfortable with xbmc and showmix and still want to give something back, contact me. i would love to give away some work to others that can be trusted to do it right.

a hint on unpacking: if you're lucky enough to run win xp, search for xprexpress.

- azido - 2009-10-17

soder Wrote:LOL

For me that sounded great. =)

+1 from me.

I guess Im one of "the lazy"... =)
I got to many Q. =)

/Söder

you, sir, are one of the most ignorant and lazy guys i ever met. but for a yet unknown reason i still like you. Rolleyes

Laugh

- Danielocean - 2009-10-17

today it's movie night with friends... everyone loves that beautiful xbmc with this xtreme great skin...

... but one thing - a wish of my friends - and i have to say that i can understand them: the year of the film should be shown on info box or per flag... for me and my friends, the year is too important only to show on the normal information screen...

maybe its possible to find a place for year presentation...

- azido - 2009-10-17

Danielocean Wrote:today it's movie night with friends... everyone loves that beautiful xbmc with this xtreme great skin...

... but one thing - a wish of my friends - and i have to say that i can understand them: the year of the film should be shown on info box or per flag... for me and my friends, the year is too important only to show on the normal information screen...

maybe its possible to find a place for year presentation...

what view are you referring to?

- soder - 2009-10-18

azido Wrote:you, sir, are one of the most ignorant and lazy guys i ever met. but for a yet unknown reason i still like you. Rolleyes

Laugh

I think the ignorance and laziness is because of different structure of the db and files.

When I ask something, (I know I ask a lot), then sometimes the answer is something like "re-do your db", or "keep your files this way" and "manage your files in this program".

I don't say I don't appreciate these advices, but when I say "no, I need a another way", then it's not laziness or ignorance...

I hope you understand.

/Söder

- Danielocean - 2009-10-18

azido Wrote:what view are you referring to?

Multiplex view....

- azido - 2009-10-18

soder Wrote:I think the ignorance and laziness is because of different structure of the db and files.

When I ask something, (I know I ask a lot), then sometimes the answer is something like "re-do your db", or "keep your files this way" and "manage your files in this program".

I don't say I don't appreciate these advices, but when I say "no, I need a another way", then it's not laziness or ignorance...

I hope you understand.

/Söder

i get your point.

on the other hand, that's how WE manage that things and it's working for us.

sometimes you just can't make everybody happy. and that's even not our most priority goal.

- azido - 2009-10-18

Danielocean Wrote:Multiplex view....

the correct way would then be a feature request, as you already know we redo things in that view.

- azido - 2009-10-18

new screenshot(s) are available at the resource center.