Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- soder - 2009-10-18

I have just helped a friend to "move" from Plex to XBMC again, and guided him in the ShowMix options.

One request is to be able to set a default to the sub menu "files" of MOVIES and TV SHOWS.

When I bring down the submenu FILES from MOVIES, we wanna get to videos/moview direct, and from submenu FILES from TV SHOWS we wanna get to videos/tvshows.

Is this possible? I know its possible to set ONE default in videos, but is is possible to set different defaults for different sub menus?

/Söder (and mc)

- soder - 2009-10-18

azido Wrote:new screenshot(s) are available at the resource center.

Nice. Its hard to decide if I wanna use Multiplex or low list. =)

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-18

soder Wrote:I have just helped a friend to "move" from Plex to XBMC again, and guided him in the ShowMix options.

One request is to be able to set a default to the sub menu "files" of MOVIES and TV SHOWS.

When I bring down the submenu FILES from MOVIES, we wanna get to videos/moview direct, and from submenu FILES from TV SHOWS we wanna get to videos/tvshows.

Is this possible? I know its possible to set ONE default in videos, but is is possible to set different defaults for different sub menus?

/Söder (and mc)

not as long as there is only one video path when it comes down to file level. there is no skin option to seperate them by content. thats exactly why i typically throw file nodes from movies and tvshows submenus and keep the video shortcut instead.

- soder - 2009-10-18

azido Wrote:not as long as there is only one video path when it comes down to file level. there is no skin option to separate them by content. that's exactly why i typically throw file nodes from movies and TV shows sub menus and keep the video shortcut instead.

But could that not be possible in some way like "clips" was in original Aeon? Then we had to change the names of the shares to things like "clips", "movies" and so on...

/Söder

- zwat - 2009-10-18

ain't it just a couple of keypress to get to the right folder? example enter for movie and down and enter for tv after u enter the files menu?

- soder - 2009-10-18

zwat Wrote:ain't it just a couple of keypress to get to the right folder? example enter for movie and down and enter for tv after u enter the files menu?

Yes. But this was a reqeust for having it direct to videos/movies when pressing FILES in the sub menu to MOVIES.

Its not "a must", but it would be nice.

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-18

soder Wrote:Yes. But this was a reqeust for having it direct to videos/movies when pressing FILES in the sub menu to MOVIES.

Its not "a must", but it would be nice.

/Söder

here you reach MY laziness: i don't want to rename my files in any way so they get categorized by the skin in file mode.

- soder - 2009-10-18

azido Wrote:here you reach MY laziness: i don't want to rename my files in any way so they get categorized by the skin in file mode.

LOL. Doesnt most of us have ALL our movies (from all sources) in "movies" and all tv shows in "tv shows". If that was added in ShowMix we would all be great. =)

<source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">/media/hdd1/videos/movies/</path>
<path pathversion="1">/media/hdd2/videos/movies/</path>
<path pathversion="1">/media/hdd3/videos/movies/</path>
</source>

<source>
<name>TV Shows</name>
<path pathversion="1">/media/hdd2/videos/series/</path>
</source>

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-18

soder Wrote:LOL. Doesnt most of us have ALL our movies (from all sources) in "movies" and all tv shows in "tv shows". If that was added in ShowMix we would all be great. =)

<source>
<name>Movies</name>
</source>

<source>
<name>TV Shows</name>
<path pathversion="1">/media/hdd2/videos/series/</path>
</source>

/Söder

well.. NO.

i have different paths.

- soder - 2009-10-18

azido Wrote:well.. NO.

i have different paths.

OK. Then, wouldn't be possible to set different then? The idea is the same?

Maybe I shall talk to andy instead.

/Söder

- Ram2000 - 2009-10-18

soder Wrote:LOL. Doesnt most of us have ALL our movies (from all sources) in "movies" and all tv shows in "tv shows". If that was added in ShowMix we would all be great. =

/Söder

I keep mine separate like this two but I use Lowlist and have no issues....

- azido - 2009-10-18

soder Wrote:OK. Then, wouldn't be possible to set different then? The idea is the same?

Maybe I shall talk to andy instead.

/Söder

so you think i take this personal?

then it's time for me to not reply anymore to your posts. Confused

well, anyway, here is the reason why this is not doable "as a hack":

1. it might work on linux, having all video sources mounted the way like YOU did. if we in the end have only 2 paths, it might be possible somehow to seperate movies and tvshows by path. thing is, NOT ALL ppl have all video sources directly in their respective paths. In windows for example that is not doable until you add some additional hardlinks. If you have several drives, you have several paths. there is no mount point like it is in linux. I might be able to do that additional work adding hardlinks, but what about the "ordinary user"?
2. Given the situation that there are more then 2 paths, how should showmix decide which sources are for which part? the only difference is what u enter in "set content". Thing is: that is NOT readable for the skin in file mode. Thus, there can't be a decision made by the skin which sources to show for movie, which for tv shows.
3. Finally, instead of letting US do the dirty work of tricking here, it would more likely be a feature request for xbmc itself. IF xbmc supports division of sources in file mode into movie files and show files (for example by adding a special path) ANY skin would support that. wouldn't that be the wiser choice?

edit: this is just an example of how source.xml is done today:

<video>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
<source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">J:\DiVX-Spielfilme\</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV-SERIEN</name>
<path pathversion="1">J:\TV-SERIEN\</path>
</source>
</video>

as long as both - movies and tv shows - are in the same <video> tag, there is nothing that could seperate them in file mode.
if you still think it's only me not liking what you come up with, and not thinking about it - well.. then go for it and talk to andy instead.

- soder - 2009-10-18

azido Wrote:so you think i take this personal?

then it's time for me to not reply anymore to your posts. Confused

well, anyway, here is the reason why this is not doable "as a hack":

1. it might work on linux, having all video sources mounted the way like YOU did. if we in the end have only 2 paths, it might be possible somehow to seperate movies and tvshows by path. thing is, NOT ALL ppl have all video sources directly in their respective paths. In windows for example that is not doable until you add some additional hardlinks. If you have several drives, you have several paths. there is no mount point like it is in linux. I might be able to do that additional work adding hardlinks, but what about the "ordinary user"?
2. Given the situation that there are more then 2 paths, how should showmix decide which sources are for which part? the only difference is what u enter in "set content". Thing is: that is NOT readable for the skin in file mode. Thus, there can't be a decision made by the skin which sources to show for movie, which for tv shows.
3. Finally, instead of letting US do the dirty work of tricking here, it would more likely be a feature request for xbmc itself. IF xbmc supports division of sources in file mode into movie files and show files (for example by adding a special path) ANY skin would support that. wouldn't that be the wiser choice?

edit: this is just an example of how source.xml is done today:

<video>
<source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">J:\DiVX-Spielfilme\</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV-SERIEN</name>
</source>
</video>

as long as both - movies and tv shows - are in the same <video> tag, there is nothing that could seperate them in file mode.
if you still think it's only me not liking what you come up with, and not thinking about it - well.. then go for it and talk to andy instead.

Wow. =)

No, I don't think it was personal to you, and I didn't intended to be. Just thought it would be better to ask him over skype instead of here in the forum.

1. I didn't know that you couldn't have multiple path as ONE share in XBMC. I've only used XBMC for my old xbox and in linux.

Do you mean that my videos in XBMC for Windows would have to be three different shares? Like:

<source>
<name>Movies1</name>
</source>

<source>
<name>Movies2</name>
</source>

<source>
<name>Movies3</name>
</source>

/Söder

- soder - 2009-10-18

Ram2000 Wrote:I keep mine separate like this two but I use Lowlist and have no issues....

What do you mean with that? I had no problem with the views?

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-18

soder Wrote:Wow. =)

No, I don't think it was personal to you, and I didn't intended to be. Just thought it would be better to ask him over skype instead of here in the forum.

1. I didn't know that you couldn't have multiple path as ONE share in XBMC. I've only used XBMC for my old xbox and in linux.

Do you mean that my videos in XBMC for Windows would have to be three different shares? Like:

ok, sounded more like "if azido says no, i'm gonna ignore him and ask andy instead".

apologies if it wasn't meant to be that way. i've even not the best mood today.

@shares: yes, it means exactly that. well, not shares, but sources.

if i now add my 3rd drive where my hd movies are on, it looks like

<video>
<source>
<name>MOVIES</name>
<path pathversion="1">J:\MOVIES\</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV-SERIEN</name>
</source>
<source>
<name>HD-MOVIES</name>
<path pathversion="1">H:\HDSTUFF\</path>
</source>
</video>

no chance to see any difference in file mode for xbmc (as perhaps h:\hdstuff could also contain tv shows?)
ideally there should be a definition either in source description (like a tag saying <content>movies</content>) or set content in context adds source to a special path (like movies://path to share)

then it would be easy to make a difference.