Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- zwat - 2009-10-19

possible bugs! (i'm using the latest build so check the builds you support if there are the same issues there)

1) recently added music plugin with multiple tracks the tracknumber is 01 and 02 and so on, looks pretty stupid Big Grin seems to be the now playing window

2) weather.com plugin: the 10 day forecast don't work. i just get the default weather screen with no current info and no forecast.

- azido - 2009-10-19

zwat Wrote:possible bugs! (i'm using the latest build so check the builds you support if there are the same issues there)

1) recently added music plugin with multiple tracks the tracknumber is 01 and 02 and so on, looks pretty stupid Big Grin seems to be the now playing window

2) weather.com plugin: the 10 day forecast don't work. i just get the default weather screen with no current info and no forecast.

what is a "recently added music plugin" ?

gimme a screenshot, as i don't know what you mean.

for weather, that is more likely a weather plugin problem not getting the 10 days forecast at all. that happens randomly and might even change in between 10 minutes. on the other hand, if that only happens in showmix we might be back to our limits Sad

- neurosis13 - 2009-10-19

i think i found a bug:
when there is a + or - or ' in the db movie title, the extrathumbs dont show up.
For example, i have a movie called "Flesh+Blood" and the extrathumbs are not shown.

- soder - 2009-10-19

azido Wrote:ok, sounded more like "if azido says no, i'm gonna ignore him and ask andy instead".

apologies if it wasn't meant to be that way. i've even not the best mood today.

@shares: yes, it means exactly that. well, not shares, but sources.

if i now add my 3rd drive where my hd movies are on, it looks like

<video>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
<source>
<name>MOVIES</name>
<path pathversion="1">J:\MOVIES\</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV-SERIEN</name>
<path pathversion="1">J:\TV-SERIEN\</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>HD-MOVIES</name>
<path pathversion="1">H:\HDSTUFF\</path>
</source>
</video>

no chance to see any difference in file mode for xbmc (as perhaps h:\hdstuff could also contain tv shows?)
ideally there should be a definition either in source description (like a tag saying <content>movies</content>) or set content in context adds source to a special path (like movies://path to share)

then it would be easy to make a difference.

Well...internet and forums is not always the best way to "say" what you want. It often goes wrong. Therefor it's important to use all the emo-icons. Nerd Laugh Confused

Just to be clear. If you have H:/HDSTUFF/MOVIES and H:/HDSTUFF/TV-SERIEN, you still cant do like this in XBMC for windows? Then this is yet another benefit of running ubuntu. =)

<video>
<source>
<name>MOVIES</name>
<path pathversion="1">H:\HDSTUFF\MOVIES</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV-SERIEN</name>
<path pathversion="1">H:\HDSTUFF\TV-SERIEN</path>
</source>
</video>

EDIT: Found this in the XBMC wiki. It didn't say anything about differenct sources.xml for linux or windows?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Adding_Media_Sources#Through_Sources.xml
"
<path></path>
The path of the source. This can be a local path such as "e:\media\images\" or remote url such as "smb://username:password@serverip/path/". You may have more than one <path> tag in a single source, called multipaths. in Multipaths the directory listings will be combined. See Types of Media Sources for more information concerning paths.
* Multipath sources are restricted to local (PC or Xbox built-in hard drive), smb/samba, and xbms paths.
* The path can not be a playable object or an executable file, (ie a video, audio or .xbe file), it must be a share or a sub folder under a share.

Multipath Example:

<music>
<source>
<name>Main Music Collection</name>
<path>F:\Music</path>
<path>smb://username:password@Server.com/share/music/</path>
</source>
</music>

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-19

neurosis13 Wrote:i think i found a bug:
when there is a + or - or ' in the db movie title, the extrathumbs dont show up.
For example, i have a movie called "Flesh+Blood" and the extrathumbs are not shown.

- and ' are no problem here. +, , and & are. those are symbols xbmc doesn't like when reading a path. for example, while a comma in title does not prevent extrathumbs to show up, it will not play a trailer in our info window.

in your example you would have to rename the movie both in file/dir name and title in xbmc to Flesh and Blood in order to show extrathumbs. there is nothing we can change here..

- azido - 2009-10-19

soder Wrote:Just to be clear. If you have H:/HDSTUFF/MOVIES and H:/HDSTUFF/TV-SERIEN, you still cant do like this in XBMC for windows? Then this is yet another benefit of running ubuntu. =)

<video>
<source>
<name>MOVIES</name>
<path pathversion="1">H:\HDSTUFF\MOVIES</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV-SERIEN</name>
<path pathversion="1">H:\HDSTUFF\TV-SERIEN</path>
</source>
</video>

EDIT: Found this in the XBMC wiki. It didn't say anything about differenct sources.xml for linux or windows?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Adding_Media_Sources#Through_Sources.xml
"
<path></path>
The path of the source. This can be a local path such as "e:\media\images\" or remote url such as "smb://username:password@serverip/path/". You may have more than one <path> tag in a single source, called multipaths. in Multipaths the directory listings will be combined. See Types of Media Sources for more information concerning paths.
* Multipath sources are restricted to local (PC or Xbox built-in hard drive), smb/samba, and xbms paths.
* The path can not be a playable object or an executable file, (ie a video, audio or .xbe file), it must be a share or a sub folder under a share.

Multipath Example:

<music>
<source>
<name>Main Music Collection</name>
<path>F:\Music</path>
<path>smb://username:password@Server.com/share/music/</path>
</source>
</music>

/Söder

baad pic lol..

mh.. i'll try to fool around with sources.xml then to see what happens - although that does not change the fact that both sources still are under one <video> tag, so i don't know if that brings us closer to what you want. what's the benefit a user gets in general when he is using multi-paths like above?

any input code-wise of how to seperately read the shares/sources when it comes to file level would be appreciated.

- soder - 2009-10-19

azido Wrote:baad pic lol..

mh.. i'll try to fool around with sources.xml then to see what happens - although that does not change the fact that both sources still are under one <video> tag, so i don't know if that brings us closer to what you want. what's the benefit a user gets in general when he is using multi-paths like above?

any input code-wise of how to seperately read the shares/sources when it comes to file level would be appreciated.

Yeah, both sources are under one tag, but, in original Aeon it was done like this:
To use "CLIPS" from the main menu, you had to name that share CLIPS.

This is my video shares in xbmc.

I have ONE share for movies, and ONE for TV SHOWS, even if I have different sources in MOVIES and TV SHOWS. In XBMC its like I have them all in the same folder somewhere. "xxx on SODER" is just stuff from my PC, and misc is just stupid clips and things. Pictures do I have there to be able to watch my clips from my camera.

Then it would be nice to link the sub menu "files" from main menu "MOVIES" to the share "movies" and sub menu "files from main menu "TV SHOWS" to the share "tv shows".

Better, if we could specify that by our self. Then you could call yours "TV-SERIEN".

/Söder

- azido - 2009-10-19

soder Wrote:Yeah, both sources are under one tag, but, in original Aeon it was done like this:
To use "CLIPS" from the main menu, you had to name that share CLIPS.

do me a favour and show me the code of the old aeon that effectively made it doable to

a) create a sub menu (call it files or anything you like) for movies that only show a single share of video files based on it's name and

b) what is needed in code to recognize that share by it's name (i guess it has to verify against a given name - in your examply say CLIPS) to see and handle it's existence.

note that then another problem arises: the skin engine does not handle variables. all has to be named/adressed in a fixed way. so, in your example, even if one could specify how his share/source is named via option, that name has to be existent in the code and cannot just be replaced by the user input. that's why i'm pretty sure in the old aeon code you will find something that includes that CLIPS name as a fixed item. thats why you have to name that share CLIPS and thus in order to let the user use this feature he has to know about and deal with the correct naming.

- soder - 2009-10-19

azido Wrote:do me a favour and show me the code of the old aeon that effectively made it doable to

a) create a sub menu (call it files or anything you like) for movies that only show a single share of video files based on it's name and

b) what is needed in code to recognize that share by it's name (i guess it has to verify against a given name - in your examply say CLIPS) to see and handle it's existence.

note that then another problem arises: the skin engine does not handle variables. all has to be named/adressed in a fixed way. so, in your example, even if one could specify how his share/source is named via option, that name has to be existent in the code and cannot just be replaced by the user input. that's why i'm pretty sure in the old aeon code you will find something that includes that CLIPS name as a fixed item. thats why you have to name that share CLIPS and thus in order to let the user use this feature he has to know about and deal with the correct naming.

I can try to find it. But yes, it may be exact that way you say.

Im pretty sure we HAD to give the share the name "clips" to link it the "CLIPS" in the main menu.

EDIT: I have no idea where to look. =)

/Söder

- rj_connor - 2009-10-19

I'm still having a problem with the new low list view, so to make sure i have covered all bases and that you can fully understand my setup I'll explain everything I've done so far.

First off i downloaded the 22516 build (no installer just a folder with the exe and all the other files) dumped that on to Program Files and shortcut to desktop.
Downloaded showcase 2.0 and fonts and placed into skins folder
Ran shortcut and xmbc fired up and switched to showcase skin all working fine. (already scraped the TV shows and movies and Music) (Two drive C and D, D being 1.5tb which holds all data under 3 folder you can guess what they are called)
So new skin comes out so download it and copy it in to skin folder along with fonts
Kick off xbmc and switch to new skin looks like it has worked but I'm wrong there is nothing different to the old one.
On advice i try to purge but that does not fix it
So i look for the guisettings.xml as advised to remove everything between <skinsettings> and </skinsettings> but can't find the guisettings.xml in userdata so do a search for it on the entire system still no sign of it.
If i run debug i don't get a log file, advancesettings.xml does not work either, so what do you think my issue is??

- zwat - 2009-10-19

i can send a screenshot after i get home from work. i meant the newly added music widget, but it seems to be the now playing window that has some issues.

- azido - 2009-10-19

rj_connor Wrote:I'm still having a problem with the new low list view, so to make sure i have covered all bases and that you can fully understand my setup I'll explain everything I've done so far.

First off i downloaded the 22516 build (no installer just a folder with the exe and all the other files) dumped that on to Program Files and shortcut to desktop.
Downloaded showcase 2.0 and fonts and placed into skins folder
Ran shortcut and XBMC fired up and switched to showcase skin all working fine. (already scraped the TV shows and movies and Music) (Two drive C and D, D being 1.5tb which holds all data under 3 folder you can guess what they are called)
So new skin comes out so download it and copy it in to skin folder along with fonts
Kick off xbmc and switch to new skin looks like it has worked but I'm wrong there is nothing different to the old one.
On advice i try to purge but that does not fix it
So i look for the guisettings.xml as advised to remove everything between <skinsettings> and </skinsettings> but can't find the guisettings.xml in userdata so do a search for it on the entire system still no sign of it.
If i run debug i don't get a log file, advancesettings.xml does not work either, so what do you think my issue is??

ok..

first of all: if you copied the new 2.1 skin into exact the same folder where the 2.0 skin was, you will get into trouble. Showmix 2.0 had all media unpacked in it's media folder, while 2.1 uses textures.xpr so basically you have too many images both in media dir and in textures.xpr.

so, remove the entire showmix skin dir and place a new, fresh copy into your new created showmix folder in skins.

that should get you off for the image/view based troubles.

now, assuming you are using windows, there is an appdata folder in your users dir that can't be seen by default as it has the hidden attribute. that's why you don't even get a search result for guisettings.xml when scanning the whole system unless you also specified in your search request that it should also display hidden/system files it finds.
You would have to set your explorer (namely: directory options) to show system and hidden files. then you will find your guisettings.xml for sure.
assuming even more that if you just copied an xbmc folder and made a shortcut by your own, you did not add a -p switch to its command line. this means all your user data will go into that appdata folder. also the log does then. so, by finding your appdata folder, you will get rid of all your problems:

1. you can edit guisettings.xml
2. you will find your xbmc.log
3. you then know where to put advancedsettings.xml to make it working. it has to be in the same folder your guisettings.xml is in Wink

- azido - 2009-10-19

soder Wrote:I can try to find it. But yes, it may be exact that way you say.

Im pretty sure we HAD to give the share the name "clips" to link it the "CLIPS" in the main menu.

EDIT: I have no idea where to look. =)

/Söder

still would like to know "what's the benefit a user gets in general when he is using multi-paths like above?"

sounds like a feature but i don't get the point what it could change for me when it comes to handling of those files. i believe there is a reason why a user can do that (which doesn't belong to different video nodes for movies and shows i guess). just to have a cleaner source display? making browsing in file mode more comfortable?

- soder - 2009-10-19

azido Wrote:still would like to know "what's the benefit a user gets in general when he is using multi-paths like above?"

just to have a cleaner source display? making browsing in file mode more comfortable?

I guess yes to both.
But I also understand that when using library, it might be easier, for different kind of movies and then scrapers, to keep them separate in file modes.

Just that I don't make a different for HD-movies or not, and I only scrape with moviedb.

Well. I thank you for try, and for all your answers. Wink

/Söder

- rj_connor - 2009-10-19

azido Wrote:ok..

first of all: if you copied the new 2.1 skin into exact the same folder where the 2.0 skin was, you will get into trouble. Showmix 2.0 had all media unpacked in it's media folder, while 2.1 uses textures.xpr so basically you have too many images both in media dir and in textures.xpr.

so, remove the entire showmix skin dir and place a new, fresh copy into your new created showmix folder in skins.

that should get you off for the image/view based troubles.

now, assuming you are using windows, there is an appdata folder in your users dir that can't be seen by default as it has the hidden attribute. that's why you don't even get a search result for guisettings.xml when scanning the whole system unless you also specified in your search request that it should also display hidden/system files it finds.
You would have to set your explorer (namely: directory options) to show system and hidden files. then you will find your guisettings.xml for sure.
assuming even more that if you just copied an xbmc folder and made a shortcut by your own, you did not add a -p switch to its command line. this means all your user data will go into that appdata folder. also the log does then. so, by finding your appdata folder, you will get rid of all your problems:

1. you can edit guisettings.xml
2. you will find your xbmc.log
3. you then know where to put advancedsettings.xml to make it working. it has to be in the same folder your guisettings.xml is in Wink

Sweat

After writing all that i forgot to add that each time i download a new skin it goes in to a new folder inside the skins folder (Show 1, 2, ect).
I always have show hidden folder attribute ticked in directory options and search is defaulted to look in them as well.

But i did not added the -p switch to the shortcut which might make the difference.

I'll have to check to see if i can find the appdata folder when i get in, but if guisettings.xml is in this folder then why didn't my search of the system find it. OR does it mean that the appdata folder only gets created if the -p swithch is added.