Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- zwat - 2009-10-19

then i think u need to install xbmc out of the program files folder so bash got all the rights it need.

- rj_connor - 2009-10-19

azido Wrote:no. the appdata folder is part of your system to store files created by installed programs into it instead of the program dir itself.

if you add the -p switch to xbmc command line, xbmc stores all user data in its program dir instead of writing into appdata. it's called portable mode.

i don't know which version of windows you use. on vista/win7, you will find xbmcs data under

c:\users\username\Appdata\Roaming\XBMC

All my god i'm that stupid i didn't put it all together, the appdata folder is the Application data folder under Documents and settings\username\ well as soon as i have slaped myself i then found the guisettings.xml and was able to add the advancedsettings.xml as well.

So i did what you said and removed all the entrys between <skinsettings>and </skinsettings> and restarted xbmc and loaded the new skin still no difference could not see the lowlist view.

I think i'm close to geting all the issue i have sorted this is the only one now thanks for the help to this point.

- zwat - 2009-10-19

u sure u have showmix v2.1?

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-19

Hmm. As I mentioned in the thread on the resource page, I also like to be able to see the resolution without triggering the info box. So for me it would be:

1. Title
2. Genre
3. Runtime
4. Year
5. Resolution
6. IMDB (yes, I might not always agree with the ratings, but if it's a comedy and it's got 4 stars it'll probably make me laugh at least once...)

I'd honestly really want all of these to be visible. I realize that wouldn't be a huge change compared to how it is now, but as I said in the other thread, I love having that information available as I just browse through my movies without having the info box opened.

- azido - 2009-10-20

Peligrozo Wrote:Hmm. As I mentioned in the thread on the resource page, I also like to be able to see the resolution without triggering the info box. So for me it would be:

1. Title
2. Genre
3. Runtime
4. Year
5. Resolution
6. IMDB (yes, I might not always agree with the ratings, but if it's a comedy and it's got 4 stars it'll probably make me laugh at least once...)

I'd honestly really want all of these to be visible. I realize that wouldn't be a huge change compared to how it is now, but as I said in the other thread, I love having that information available as I just browse through my movies without having the info box opened.

unfortunately there is only place for 3 of them in addition to the title.

right now for movies we placed title, year, runtime and genre on top so those will be visible all the time.

thing is, compared to all available labels, those are just the most interesting ones. EVERYTHING else can just be presented in info. we would need a huge "non-info" window or space on the screen to cover all of them becoming visible all the time. that's not our goal..

- azido - 2009-10-20

rj_connor Wrote:I think i'm close to geting all the issue i have sorted this is the only one now thanks for the help to this point.

please open SETTINGS -> ADVANCED and tell me what you see on the lower left corner of the window.

- zwat - 2009-10-20

azido did u see my bug screenshot?

i can try to make a mockup of how i think of multiplex view tomorrow if it's possible with my poor skills Big Grin

- azido - 2009-10-20

zwat Wrote:then i think u need to install xbmc out of the program files folder so bash got all the rights it need.

depends if he uses x86 or x64 version. for the latter it goes into program files(x86) where there are no access restrictions.

- zwat - 2009-10-20

and u should get andy to update first post with pics and version Big Grin it's still on 2.01. and add how to find what showmix version is running in wiki faq Big Grin

i might help u on the wiki if u think i know showmix enough Big Grin

- azido - 2009-10-20

zwat Wrote:azido did u see my bug screenshot?

i can try to make a mockup of how i think of multiplex view tomorrow if it's possible with my poor skills Big Grin

i must have missed that one. show me.

well.. to be honest, DESIGN wise we already did all views. so the only thing left to discuss might be the position of some labels.

we learned from the low list that it simply takes ages if you want to fill each and everyones wishes (and would still left ppl out not satisfied), so this time we keep the design more internal (as you might have already noticed).

- zwat - 2009-10-20

zwat Wrote:here is the screenshot of the now playing list bug that i got from playing from recently added music widget.
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4669/nowplayingbug.jpg

here is the bug link. i didn't wanna crowd the thread with the picture Big Grin

- azido - 2009-10-20

zwat Wrote:and u should get andy to update first post with pics and version Big Grin it's still on 2.01. and add how to find what showmix version is running in wiki faq Big Grin

i might help u on the wiki if u think i know showmix enough Big Grin

pictures and a video will more likely go to resource center (unless andy has the time to post some here) but yeah first post still says 2.01 hehe.. there you can see that andy is really busy.

for the wiki: i did not touch it since low list. actually i would like to have someone willing to go through the thread here and catch up questions and answers that are still valid for our skin of today, and add them both to the faq section. that one (if it would be you?) does not need to have any special html editing skills and does not need to create anchors and links, just should be clever enough to filter out what's useful for that section.

if you feel like you might be able to do that, welcome onboard.

- zwat - 2009-10-20

sure i can help. just tell me what to do and i'll look into it tomorrow.

- azido - 2009-10-20

zwat Wrote:here is the bug link. i didn't wanna crowd the thread with the picture Big Grin

this looks like just being a cosmetic bug, ah? like either both numbers should be bolded or none of them.

- zwat - 2009-10-20

well might be that is supposed to be like regular now playing list with huge number?