Kodi Community Forum
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList (/showthread.php?tid=52755)

- User 49598 - 2009-10-21

I'm sure about that, can't wait for the inclusion in the skin itself (that would be a little too much for me to set up all that...)

On the other hand, yesterday night I've found a possible improvement area for the skin.
I went to choose a movie for genre... and I noticed that, while the icons (media/moviegenre) are really nice... they are not 100% usable. I mean, they are nice but they demand some amount of interpretation (a couple of examples: biography, is that icon clear ? And Short ?)

My suggestion would be to apply to those icon a black frame with genre text, like for the artists arts on ShowMix Resource Center.
So the nice icons design s safe AND 100% obvious while choosing a movie by genre.

- Danielocean - 2009-10-21

soder Wrote:aha.. So if I just remove the file it will be with a border and glass..?
yes...

soder Wrote:I thought I hade to get a poster that was...transparent..
but ok.
Thanks.
I thought you will have it transparent... do you will have "nothing" there?

soder Wrote:EDIT: Strange is, some times I have this cover (but lika a poster)

and sometimes this.

the first one is the default for folders... an the second for video poster... maybe you have done something wrong... cause you can set the posters, and you selected a wrong one... i dont have probs with that, cause i have posters anc covers for each media on my store ;-)

soder Wrote:EDIT2: If I remove all these 4
[email]htpc@htpc-desktop:~/.xbmc[/email]/skin/ShowMix/media$ mv DefaultFolder.png DefaultFolder.png.bak
[email]htpc@htpc-desktop:~/.xbmc[/email]/skin/ShowMix/media$ mv defaultVideo.png defaultVideo.png.bak
[email]htpc@htpc-desktop:~/.xbmc[/email]/skin/ShowMix/media$ mv defaultVideoCover.png defaultVideoCover.png.bak
[email]htpc@htpc-desktop:~/.xbmc[/email]/skin/ShowMix/media$ mv defaultVideoBigPoster.png defaultVideoBigPoster.png.bak
somethings wrong with the links... Huh

soder Wrote:Then there is no poster, but its also not transparant. Then the show with no poster adapt the latest poster from another show. JUST LIKE it is in Multiplex for shows with no posters.
/Söder
why you want to have no posters? set the right poster (downloading/make it by youself/...) and you will not have any trouble with the default images... :-)

- azido - 2009-10-21

soder Wrote:Sorry, I didn't understand? IF I find the name of the default image for TV shows with no poster...then, is there a transparent poster I can use?

/Söder

there is a transparent one if you create one. that's why i wrote "replace" and not "remove".

i thought you understand that.

- azido - 2009-10-21

chareos Wrote:I was wondering about the Showmix resource center (http://showmix.azido.de/news.php), I got an account to give my vote about the views refresh proposals... then I noticed all those artists art.

Are these just a way to upload them to mass 'em up for a future inclusion in showmix directly ? Or a user has to download them and manually apply ?

Thanks

the latter. there is no way to auto-assign a thumb to an artist.

ideally you should browse through your artists collection and do a site search for already done thumbs, which you then can download and safe as folder.jpg to your artists dir. and for every artist there is no thumb you create one and share with us.

maybe someone with coding skills can write a modified allmusic scraper that does an additional lookup on my site for artist thumbs.

- azido - 2009-10-21

chareos Wrote:I'm sure about that, can't wait for the inclusion in the skin itself (that would be a little too much for me to set up all that...)

On the other hand, yesterday night I've found a possible improvement area for the skin.
I went to choose a movie for genre... and I noticed that, while the icons (media/moviegenre) are really nice... they are not 100% usable. I mean, they are nice but they demand some amount of interpretation (a couple of examples: biography, is that icon clear ? And Short ?)

My suggestion would be to apply to those icon a black frame with genre text, like for the artists arts on ShowMix Resource Center.
So the nice icons design s safe AND 100% obvious while choosing a movie by genre.

of course in future we could also create genre thumbs with a given standard to share at the resource center. just at the moment i'm a bit unsure about that standard as ram2000 had some nice ones done that atm do not fit our design.

- soder - 2009-10-21

azido Wrote:there is a transparent one if you create one. that's why i wrote "replace" and not "remove".

i thought you understand that.

I know nothing. =)

But someone said it was ok to remove it also, thats why I tried that.

/Söder

söder.... what do you want?!

somethimg like this:

- azido - 2009-10-21

soder Wrote:I know nothing. =)

But someone said it was ok to remove it also, thats why I tried that.

/Söder

ok Laugh

yeah, that will just get you that "adaption" trouble, as the skin engine does not know you really don't want an image where there is written code to be one.

- soder - 2009-10-21

Danielocean Wrote:I thought you will have it transparent... do you will have "nothing" there?

the first one is the default for folders... an the second for video poster... maybe you have done something wrong... cause you can set the posters, and you selected a wrong one... i dont have probs with that, cause i have posters anc covers for each media on my store ;-)

somethings wrong with the links... Huh

why you want to have no posters? set the right poster (downloading/make it by youself/...) and you will not have any trouble with the default images... :-)

I want to see the fanart instead of the default "no poster" poster for the shows that have no posters.

If i remove the first poster, then the next time the second is used. Thats why I removed all to try.

The reasons I want no posters is not because there IS NO poster for that show, and I don't want to make posters for all that show. Not right now anyway. Then its better with just the glass effect.

But, now when I removed all, that show with no poster adapted the neighbor poster instead. But I guess I will have to make a transparent poster instead. Guide anyone?

/Söder

- soder - 2009-10-21

Danielocean Wrote:söder.... what do you want?!

somethimg like this:

Yes, much better. Or maybe even no pictures in at all...but your screen was pretty cool..

Share?

BTW, that poster should be default for missing posters.

And, is there any way in XBMC to make movies with no posters also have a poster like this, but still have XBMC to generate a thumb for Episodes with no episode picture? I like the last thing, but I have when XBMC take a screen from the movie and squiz? it to the size of an poster, for the movies with missing poster.

/Söder

soder Wrote:I want to see the fanart instead of the default "no poster" poster for the shows that have no posters.

If i remove the first poster, then the next time the second is used. Thats why I removed all to try.

The reasons I want no posters is not because there IS NO poster for that show, and I don't want to make posters for all that show. Not right now anyway. Then its better with just the glass effect.

But, now when I removed all, that show with no poster adapted the neighbor poster instead. But I guess I will have to make a transparent poster instead. Guide anyone?

/Söder

a guide?! to make posters?! is can give the video thumb... but i dont want to make new all default... or maybe sometimes...

here ist the one:

By danielocean1978 at 2009-10-21

is not the best quality... even done in seconds

maybe i will do some transparent defaults later... i like that look too...

- zwat - 2009-10-21

wouldn't a empty "cover" be better?

- azido - 2009-10-21

umh.. that's one of the days i simply don't know what to say, although i really want to say something.

never mind, i better take care of my tv show library instead of bashing ppl.

- soder - 2009-10-21

azido Wrote:umh.. that's one of the days i simply don't know what to say, although i really want to say something.

never mind, i better take care of my tv show library instead of bashing ppl.

? Everything ok?
=)

/Söder